The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parents Of Murdered British Students Criticise Barack Obama

unbridled_id

His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.

They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9173820/Parents-of-murdered-British-students-criticise-Barack-Obama.html

So the President of the USA should stop the business of running the country to personally deal with the parents of a couple of students murdered while they were in the US? While I understand their pain and loss, expecting the leader of a country to drop everything and respond to them is ludicrous.

Can you imagine if Obama did this every time someone from out of country died on US soil? The naysayers would have a field day saying he wasn't running the country.

I don't mean to sound callous, but come on........

So the President of the USA should stop the business of running the country to personally deal with the parents of a couple of students murdered while they were in the US? While I understand their pain and loss, expecting the leader of a country to drop everything and respond to them is ludicrous.

Can you imagine if Obama did this every time someone from out of country died on US soil? The naysayers would have a field day saying he wasn't running the country.

Mr O needs to find new office staff,who should have typed out a letter of about 3 short paragraphs expressing his condolences and spent 15 seconds explaining the story to Mr O who would then sign the thing. Total time Barry was busy with this issue 20 seconds,and the good press would have lasted days.

Bad staff.

Mr O needs to find new office staff,who should have typed out a letter of about 3 short paragraphs expressing his condolences and spent 15 seconds explaining the story to Mr O who would then sign the thing. Total time Barry was busy with this issue 20 seconds,and the good press would have lasted days.

Bad staff.

Bad staff.

Well, how come Obama commented on on the Trayvon Martin case? There are hundreds of murders in the USA everyday and yet Obama chose to say something about that case and not this British murder case. It seems Obama is very selective on which murder case to comment on. Like the OP said, there must be no political value in the British kids murder case. There must be political value in the Trayvon Martin case since it is an election year and Obama is playing the Race Card to solidify his image among Blacks and liberals.

Bad staff.

I'm confused. Barack Obama doesn't go publicly show compassion and respond to letters from family for each of the roughly 14,000 Americans murdered annually, maybe the idiots from England shouldn't expect red carpet treatment. The only ones he responds to are what all Presidents do, which are photo-ops/attention grabbers. Now that these people got the attention they wanted, maybe they'll get a letter.

Well, how come Obama commented on on the Trayvon Martin case? There are hundreds of murders in the USA everyday and yet Obama chose to say something about that case and not this British murder case. It seems Obama is very selective on which murder case to comment on. Like the OP said, there must be no political value in the British kids murder case. There must be political value in the Trayvon Martin case since it is an election year and Obama is playing the Race Card to solidify his image among Blacks and liberals.

Archived