The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Recchi Has Something To Say About The Canucks.... Again

Believe-in-blue23

Although I'm glad to see that he's had a change of heart, I can't help but ask why? The core of our team is still here, and I would imagine that after adding grit at the trade deadline, we would be even more hated according to Dr. Recchi..

I guess spreading around the NHL that the Canucks are the most hated team in the league doesn't help in showing his face back in BC, but I wouldn't be surprised if he happened to change his opinion again throughout the course of the playoffs.

the ironing is that he was playing for the most arrogant team in the NHL - with the most arrogant, obnoxious play -by-play windbag in the entire history of professional sport - in front of a fan base that chant-taunts injured players... if the Canucks are the most hated team, it is because Boston has the most hate to give.

"Doctorate in duh"? Well played, old one. :)

I am obviously no match for your PHD. Which in this case means "piled higher and deeper".

You failed to answer how your "deepest blueline in the league" could be nearly the worst in the league in shots against per game. (at 31.1 per game, ranking 25th in the league).

Please take the Canuck goggles off for a second and bless us with your superior hockey diagnosis.

"Real deal" - it doesn't surprise me that you find the Dr. educational.

After all, aren't you the poster who can't see the clutch in Burr, or the quality on the Canucks blueline?

A few quotes to exemplify -

"I get the comments about poor skating skills and dumb penalties, but the whole "burr is clutch" thing kind of escapes me."

"deepest blue line in the NHL"???

"Stats would suggest strong goaltending and weak defense. If this is deep, I'll take a dip in the shallow end."

As for Recchi, his comparison of the Canucks to the 1983 Oilers is yet more misdiagnosis from the Dr. - the Oilers were a slightly different entity - Gretzky, Coffey, Messier, and Anderson, were 21 years old, Kurri was 22, Fuhr was 19, Moog was 22, Lowe and Huddy were 23...

It sounds like you and him have earned your doctorates in duh.

Boils down to this:

Recchi is entitled to his opinion..always was, always will be. Nothing anyone says here or anywhere else should/will change that fact.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Hey Recchi, this one's for you bud!

wiener.jpg

I was reading that Recchi has earned 50 million bucks in salary over his career.

If he is in any way knowledgeable he has hundreds of millions of dollars.

He would travel in circles and avenues that do not invite criticism or negativity.is my guess.

Not sure he really worries much about the Canucks or CDC:

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/salaries/3217

Archived