The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop Calling Everyone A "bandwagoner"

uber_pwnzor

Why is it that every time someone says something that isn't:

"The Canucks are the best team in the world! We've got the 12 best forwards, six best d-men and the two best goalies in the world!"

they get labeled as a "band-wagoner"...?

Seriously, would you people stop it already? I'm fed up with all the "true fans" who've supported the team since they played in the WHL, they people that claim that anyone who criticizes something the management and/or a player does, is a bad supporter! I mean come on! This isn't www.onlysaypositivethingsaboutthecanucks.com it's a friggen forum where people share their thoughts about the team.

In the same way that you can be angry at someone and still love them, can you criticize your team and still cheer for them.

You can dislike a trade and still support your team.

You can see that your team might not be the best one out there and still hope with all your heart that they'll win.

You can know that your team might not win, but you'll know that no matter how they do, you'll always love them.

You see, cheering for a team can be a really happy and joy-filled experience; you're happy when the team wins, and you're sad when the team loses. You can, with the logical side of your mind, wish that you'd started following another team, but at the same time you know that you could never stop loving the team you've "chosen".

To summarize:

you are not a band-wagoner just because you're upset with either the team, the coaches or the GM.

Why is it that every time someone says something that isn't:

"The Canucks are the best team in the world! We've got the 12 best forwards, six best d-men and the two best goalies in the world!"

they get labeled as a "band-wagoner"...?

Seriously, would you people stop it already? I'm fed up with all the "true fans" who've supported the team since they played in the WHL, they people that claim that anyone who criticizes something the management and/or a player does, is a bad supporter! I mean come on! This isn't www.onlysaypositivethingsaboutthecanucks.com it's a friggen forum where people share their thoughts about the team.

In the same way that you can be angry at someone and still love them, can you criticize your team and still cheer for them.

You can dislike a trade and still support your team.

You can see that your team might not be the best one out there and still hope with all your heart that they'll win.

You can know that your team might not win, but you'll know that no matter how they do, you'll always love them.

You see, cheering for a team can be a really happy and joy-filled experience; you're happy when the team wins, and you're sad when the team loses. You can, with the logical side of your mind, wish that you'd started following another team, but at the same time you know that you could never stop loving the team you've "chosen".

To summarize:

you are not a band-wagoner just because you're upset with either the team, the coaches or the GM.

Guest AriGold

Well said, it drives me nuts.. Having any opinion of the canucks that isnt positive is a banwagoner right away appearantly.

I notice its people with under 100 posts that usually throw out the Banwagoner statement.

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster. I am number 1 Canuck fan. Oh my God, do they suck. they have no chance. I can't believe Taylor Linden is still captain, he's too old, where has he been all series?. Come on management do something. Ohlund is probably our best player, and Mats Naslund is injured. That La pear guy is our heart and soul of the team, why don't anyone do anything.

Go Canucks1! i believe in you, herbert valisijeiv. who is our second line center, of course.

stupid gills can't do anything right. Trade a pick for crosby alreadiez. Get rick Nazh.

Malkin Gretzky Nazh Crosby Lindrosz Orr

get the b3st team ever, i should be captainz

I'm not a bandwagoner, screw you. Pittsburgh is probably going to win the cup anyways

what? Who's this Malgin you talk boutz?

i hav big skreen tv, come home wit me...

ladies;)

overkill.

Don't you also hate it when your Facebook News Feed is filled with people who don't know jack about hockey and complain that the Canucks are losing?

Before the game their status is: "Go Canucks Go!! Win it baby!!!`!!!"

After the game: "WTF Canucks!! You suck!"

It's like, wtf?

A lot of people don't know what a bandwagon fan is. They don't have the brain power to come up with a response, so they choose to use a word that they can't even comprehend the meaning of because it's easy and fast.

Archived