The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

I have been loyal to EA every single year they have released their game since the early 90s. However, I'm not too sure I will purchase NHL13. People are right, the gameplay mechanics have not changed too much since they created the skillstick. I felt NHL12 was ok, except for the hipchecks.

I play a lot of Be A GM mode, and there has been no improvement to this at all, year in and year out. Over the last couple months, all I have played is Be A Pro, and I am halfway through my last season in my entry level contract (player at 90 overall). Since EA has not changed much in the gameplay department, surely you would think that a drastic overhaul to the BAGM mode would be on their list. So many fans watch trade deadline, watch draft day, hold their own fantasy hockey pools, etc, etc, etc. You would think that EA would want to create a GM mode that was hands down the most in depth experience brought to a hockey game. Not the case.

True but you have to see it from their point of view as well. I they make the game absolutely perfect this year, and believe me, they can, there will be no NHL 14. Then people will complain about that. They make slight improvements every year to keep their business growing... You don't want the game, don't buy it.

I'm not going to buy the game, I'm just letting you guys know that it's building up to be the same old. And absolutely perfect? Of course not, what kind of sane person would expect an NHL game like that. But when you have the serious gameplay problems (i.e. the hipcheck, cross-crease passes which have turned online versus into a complete mess) then you need to pick up the slack big time. And I don't know about you guys, but when you hype up the "all new physics engine" to the highest degree and it turns out to be a complete bust, I as a consumer am going to be very very pissed off.

For me there's enough "new" additions to the game for me to buy it. I play the hell out of EASHL and paying $60 or so for a game that is going to last me a year is a fine enough price for me.

I'm not like some people in the EASHL right now who have like 2000 games, that's just ridiculous. I just hit 700 with my club and have played less than 50 on Drop-In.

I've played like 700 and I think I play a lot......then I look at those guys with over 2000 games and 5000+ pts? Holy....no life.

I can see where you're coming from, but again, it's just the hype and fame of the NHL series that people fall for, myself included. I just love hockey games, it's pretty much the only thing I play. Hipchecking is a flop, but then again, atleast they have it right? New physics engine is complete BS IMO. Hitting was never good in NHL 12, I expect a lot better in NHL 13. For me i will always buy the game, I just have to

You're a sucker to consumerism my friend.

EA is going downhill quickly with their money-scheming tactics in not only NHL, but practically ALL their yearly releases. It'll be a matter of time when people will start boycotting this bush-league company, and a better organization will produce better games. Look at their NBA game and how they killed once a very fun game - minimal changes throughout the years, allowing 2K sports surpass and embarrass EA.

I think they should take out the speed burst button(L3). I personally think it's stupid because I would think hockey players are always skating at their top speed.

Also there should be a separate ultimate hockey league for running a realistic team. I wanna play games with a team I built that includes 2nd 3rd and 4th lines. Not a team filled with 1st liners. I wanna run my own realistic custom built team online. They should use the real salary cap. Also, get rid of the chemistry bar.

I think they should take out the speed burst button(L3). I personally think it's stupid because I would think hockey players are always skating at their top speed.

Also there should be a separate ultimate hockey league for running a realistic team. I wanna play games with a team I built that includes 2nd 3rd and 4th lines. Not a team filled with 1st liners. I wanna run my own realistic custom built team online. They should use the real salary cap. Also, get rid of the chemistry bar.

Archived