The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

This right here tells me you're an imbecile.

People force cross-creases so much because in general, most of the population of EA NHL players are terrible at positioning and stopping them. You tell me that Stamkos wouldn't rip home the majority of one-timers if he was fed clean looks all day long.

They've worked hard to take out the cheese wristers/curve shots, I applaud them for cleaning that up. Saying that cross-creases and one-timers are cheat shots tells me that you're simply bad.

The basis of my rankings is based on the competitive level and gameplay dictated by game mechanics in 6v6 play. NHL 10 provided the best and fairest game mechanics which allowed the better team to dictate the play and in most cases, win games. Pretty much from NHL 11 onwards, EA and Rammer seem to have taken the game in a direction where playing good hockey and having skill doesn't even matter. Skate up the ice in a straight line, take random shots and get rewarded with good bounces. Get rammered.

Most of us here are still waiting for EA to return online play to that exciting experience it once was, and not keep moving forward with the frustrating mess it is now.

I thought that gameplay video made the skating look even worse. Especially with how they skate to the boards and their turning at the boards.

I did like the goal by Zajac though. There wasnt a backwards windup hold and then release for the goal. The graphics and faces look excellent though.

lol "rammered". It is just a video game to me, I personally have a life. To be this emotional about it, is kind of said. I am not making fun of anyone who plays it or anything, this user sent me a boat load of private messages saying i know nothing about online hockey. lol it is just a game.

It is fine to play video games, but if you send someone 15 PM's about a video game, with out ever getting one reply, you may have a problem.

Does anyone else do Be A GM with salary cap on? It's actually pretty fun trying to manage a team properly while maintaining your star players and staying under the cap limit.

I've got a pretty good team (NHL 11 - didn't buy '12) with the cap on.

Does anyone else do Be A GM with salary cap on? It's actually pretty fun trying to manage a team properly while maintaining your star players and staying under the cap limit.

I've got a pretty good team (NHL 11 - didn't buy '12) with the cap on.

Archived