The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Vancouver That Bad In Playoffs Or Was L.a Just Too Good

406281dylan

Are L.A. really that good? No. But, they have played smart.

As for the Canucks, they have to be able to score five-on-five to be able to win, and they just couldn't do that. Add to this an impotent power play, and even the best teams in the history of the NHL aren't going anywhere.

Was it a case of bad luck that struck the Canucks at the wrong time? Not really.

Can this same core of players kick it up a notch next season? Yes, they will probably be serious contenders for the President's Trophy. But, unless they develop, or bring on board, some serious offensive talent, equally matched with toughness, there is little hope of seeing them go deep into the playoffs.

Maybe LA was just a bit too good, but we started the wrong goalie...and Lou faltered, giving up 7 goals in 2 games. Say what you want about his game 1 but in game 2 he was pathetic.After that..we were toast !!

Cry me a river. NO ONE stepped up, and no one pushed back. All the Canucks did was whine, complain, and dive. The effort they put in was a sense of entitlement thinking the Kings would roll over and die. The entire Kings team is clicking and contributing, not just a few core players. Daniel Sedin would not have saved us in game 1 and 2 with the sad effort we put in those games.

I mean if LA wins the cup, you can't really fault the canucks as much so the better the kings do, in a way it makes the nucks look better. If the kings got swept by the blues then it'd look really bad for us. I have always felt LA has had a good team since picking up Carter just because he brings a bit more scoring threat and depth but it hasnt hurt them that a lot of their players are stepping up at the right times with Penner starting to rack up points too

Like what some have said, combination of both, but more so on the Canucks play. If you remember, the Canucks put themselves in trouble in game 1 with the terrible penalties they took; completely undisciplined play. Game 2 was a little better, but they still played like garbage. They played a hell of a lot better in game 3 in front of Schneider, but couldn't bury any of their chances. More importantly, they weren't even getting good chances.

The way the Canucks played in the series, they beat themselves into submission.

I'm starting to think L.A. was just too good. They're the prime example of a team that was destined for a run. I mean, they just became the first 8th seed in history to defeat the #1 and #2 seed in the playoffs. It almost gives you the feeling, if you believe in fate or destiny, that it doesn't matter what the Canucks did, the Kings were going to win. It's looking like they're the Cup favourites at this point.

Stud goalie in Quick.

Strong down the middle with Kopitar, Carter and Richards.

Strong coaching and systems.

Solid, cohesive defense.

Clutch player who comes up big in Brown.

They've got the attributes of a team that could win it all.

Given the performance of LA its clear they were planning for a playoff run early on.

Maybe the canucks need to consider the same strategy to be able to achieve success

I would retire Luongo in favor of some better forwards

The Kings have caught fire at the right time, and have all the elements for playoff success.

Hot goalie

Physical play

Clutch scoring

Their best layers have stepped up

The Canucks were never in sync, but even if they brought their A game they would have had a tough time against L.A.

To be honest, LA was suppose to be a 3rd place team, they were, until phx got more points then them in the reg. season. I just hope that whoever they play, will actually beat them!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel bad for st.louis, they got swept, at least we didn't get sweeped.

Archived