The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Vancouver That Bad In Playoffs Or Was L.a Just Too Good

406281dylan

The Canucks looked like an average team down the stretch, looking back it is not surprising they got bounced. And looking back at the Kings, once Sutter came in and cracked the whip they were a completely different team than the one Terry Murray coached.

Richards just had a really bad reg. season. Him and Brown are big game players too. Keep in mind all the one-goal games they had over the regular season because of their lack of offense. A few less of those (if Richards had at least a decent reg. season) and they woulda had 100+ points and this wouldn't seem so surprising.

But the Canucks could have, should have played better. They haven't been the same since that Boston game, for whatever reason. It shouldn't happen, but they were playing pretty average since then. And in the reg season and playoffs, goaltending (Lu and Schneids) wasn't the problem. Everything else was, basically (same story as the Cup Finals last year, only the goaltending can be included). Yes, we now know Kesler was hurt. And Daniel wasn't in the line up. But still, we could have been way better. Just too loose, too many stupid giveaways (esp. in the playoffs). If they just tightened up a little bit, it would have at least been a longer series, I think. But props to LA. They've fought their way in to the conference finals deservingly. If they make the SCF, I'm thinking Philly/LA would be really interesting...

many factors played a role.

not having Dan Sedin.

LA made good moves at the trade deadline, Gillis did not.

Our defense was terrible....we really needed a big move at the deadline for a top Dman instead of messing with 3rd and 4th line bolstering....even tho there supposedly was no deal to be made, i still think we could have done way better at the deadline, and traded for zack in the off season.

LA had stellar goal tending.

Booth and Kesler were not good.

we needed more production from burr, higgy and the great dane.

Kings are a very strong and hard working team and their defense is unreal.

But the Canucks played like crap, and didn't get their pp or pk going. Game 1 we win if our pp can score late in the game. Game 2 we win if our pp didn't give up 2 shorthanded breaks that lead to goals.

We handed the Kings the first 2 games.

NOT THAT BAD!!! The only reason he held out on his team was because he wanted more than Kopitar. He wouldn't accept 6.9 mil! It had to start with a 7. This kid is arrogant, selfish and is only worth 4 mil right now. Not to mention all he does on the ice is hack and slash star players when the ref turns his head. Face it, Doughty is a pr*ck.

LA was definitely a well coached tight game type of team and the canucks didnt show up for the first two games focussed , thats all it takes for you too lose in a tight series like it was

quick may have stood on his head at times but i really dont think the canucks tested him enough

they really under estimated LA

LA was a pre-season cup & Presidents trophy favorite. They peaked at the right time, with time to adjust to a new coach & incorporate Carter.

Penner is strangely better in the play off's as well; even beyond where his bigger size and more generous (less calls) leeway from ref's should dictate... Always effective on D (and in goal) all year, with extra effectiveness from Carter, Penner suddenly they are also scoring enough goals.

It is obvious that L.A has a unaffordable team for this season however all there stars are playing well. Maybe we were not that bad in playoffs because at least we won a game. i thought the Blues would kill them but they got wrecked I think al the Canucks need is a little fine tuning this offseason and we will win the cup next year. By the way i redid my video so check it out and post ur thoughts.

Even though Daniel Sedin was injured,the basic core of the team was still there....LA were the hungrier team,and the Canucks were exposed for their lack of intensity....and recieved what was rightfully coming to them.

Even with a healthy lineup,I'm not convinced we would have won the series.

They found the modern trap. They box out the whole defensive zone. They beat us the same way they beat the Blues all the shots were from the outside and when Quick had to come up big, which wasn't all that often, he came up huge.

Guest BuckFoston

Canucks actually put up a bit more of a fight after Schneids was put in.

Elliott had a total meltdown and had to stay in net no matter how bad things got. You can't let in 3-4 goals a game and expect to win unless you are the Flyers, which St. Luis is not. Feel bad for Hitch though, he really turned the team around and then they crapped out on him like that.

As for LA, good as they are - they aren't a likable team for me so I won't be cheering for them no matter how far they go. They've got that annoying pest Sharks vibe going on.

Archived