The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Vancouver That Bad In Playoffs Or Was L.a Just Too Good

406281dylan

NOT THAT BAD!!! The only reason he held out on his team was because he wanted more than Kopitar. He wouldn't accept 6.9 mil! It had to start with a 7. This kid is arrogant, selfish and is only worth 4 mil right now. Not to mention all he does on the ice is hack and slash star players when the ref turns his head. Face it, Doughty is a pr*ck.

dylan i loved your lapierre video lol

i only say this cus its true la kings are hungry

they faught their way into the playoffs canucks and st louis cruised into the playoffs

because they were already at the top...

im saying phoenix will beat nashville and i know la kings wont sweep phoenix...i hope

Right now the Canucks-Kings series is tied at 1. We would not have been done 3-0 with Daniel in the lineup. I feel that games four and five were more representative on how the series was going to be played than the first three games. I know that injuries are not supposed to be an excuse, but without Daniel (so pretty much Henrik as well) the Canucks just are not the Canucks. Kesler playing with an injury also inhibited his ability to play. Kings played well, but in the last few games, the top Kings players were shutdown. St.Louis couldn't get anything going in their series.

i honestly thaught st louis would smash la kings

but the refs are calling every penalty on canucks and blues

and not calling anything on la......elliot,luongo were shook for some reason

they couldnt stop the pucks la shoots....honestly if we didnt have schneider im sure

la woulda swept canucks aswell

Kings have been playing these 1-goal games throughout the whole season. They're much prepared for the offseason than the Canucks. It was no coincidence that our team shifted to a more "defensive" style when they had scoring woes. It was never addressed the missing offense and it bit them in the ass when Canucks needed it the most. They plays a more up tempo style but they have trouble matching up against defensively stingy teams.

Kings were finally breaking out at the right time. That said, Canucks were unprepared in the first two games and they shot themselves in the foot when they couldn't capitalize their opportunities (PP).

It was definitely a mix of both, but i think it was more so LA being that good. Look at how Jon Quick is playing and ever since they got Carter at the deadline, he and other players have been playing very well. Not only that, but LA has been playing with that playoff intensity. Both Vancouver and StLouis didn't play with that extra push that you're supposed to have, and LA definitely has been. At the rate they are going, they'll be in the Cup Finals. I know i'd much rather see LA in the finals then Phoenix.

Coaching. That is all. The Canucks were playing their risky style of game all series long, Suter noticed it and ripped us apart and AV only managed to adjust by Game 3 by when it was too late. Then Suter found a way to adjust again and the Kings dominated us, even in the final game.

You win in this league with solid defence, good goaltending and big forwards up front. The Kings are essentially the Boston Bruins all over again - big defencemen who don't score many goals but are impossible to break, good goaltending and giant forwards up front.

The only difference between these successful playoff teams and the Canucks is the defence-bit. I've stressed this so many times now: you don't win a championship with 4 small puck moving defencemen. Boston only had one real scorer in Chara who barely hit 50 points, the rest were all just big shutdown guys. L.A is the same - Other than Doughty they have no one who's barely hit the 30-point mark.

Then look at how terribly our offensive-defencemen play in the playoffs. Edler was terrible in his own zone, Bieksa was bad, even Hamhuis was victimized by turnovers because he's being forced to play more offensively than he's used to, Tanev was terrible and Salo's age is finally showing. We lack a big physical defenceman, and we need more than 1.

Coaching. That is all. The Canucks were playing their risky style of game all series long, Suter noticed it and ripped us apart and AV only managed to adjust by Game 3 by when it was too late. Then Suter found a way to adjust again and the Kings dominated us, even in the final game.

You win in this league with solid defence, good goaltending and big forwards up front. The Kings are essentially the Boston Bruins all over again - big defencemen who don't score many goals but are impossible to break, good goaltending and giant forwards up front.

The only difference between these successful playoff teams and the Canucks is the defence-bit. I've stressed this so many times now: you don't win a championship with 4 small puck moving defencemen. Boston only had one real scorer in Chara who barely hit 50 points, the rest were all just big shutdown guys. L.A is the same - Other than Doughty they have no one who's barely hit the 30-point mark.

Then look at how terribly our offensive-defencemen play in the playoffs. Edler was terrible in his own zone, Bieksa was bad, even Hamhuis was victimized by turnovers because he's being forced to play more offensively than he's used to, Tanev was terrible and Salo's age is finally showing. We lack a big physical defenceman, and we need more than 1.

LA(8) beats Canucks(1), Blues(2).

Most likely they'll meet Coyotoes(3) next round.

If they end up beating Coyotoes and meeting the Rangers(1) in the finals and win.

They would have beat seeds 1,2,3, and 1.

Has this ever been done?

Archived