The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post When You Are Drunk. #abbyisdrunkagain

Rate this topic

Crom!

Am I drunk? Not really, as a bartender drinking is quite literally part of my job, so while I'm not sober I'm also not drunk.

BUT. I invent drinks/shots all the time, I find it a fun & exciting element of the job. So, here's a few I've come up with & hope you fine folk enjoy (in moderation).

Some of these drinks might already exist. If they do, I'm blissfuly unaware. Feel free to borrow the recipes, just please use the names I've given them...you don't even have to give me credit, just use the name. ;)

Mintmeister: 1/2 oz Jaegermeister, 1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps

Shamrocker: 1/4 oz Creme De Menthe (green), 1/4 oz Creme De Cacao, 1/2 oz Vodka

Electric Smurf: 1/4 oz Blue Curacao, 1/4 oz Malibu, 1/2 oz Vodka

Hulk Smash: 1 oz Blue Curacao, 1 oz Vodka, 50/50 Orange & Pineapple Juice (should be a bright green if the ratios are done right)

CosbyPolitan: 1 oz Vodka, 1 oz Cointreau, 1 oz White Rum, 2 oz Cranberry Juice, freshly squeezed lime (3 of these and you won't know where you've been)

Bombastic: 1 oz Bombay Gin, 1 oz Spiced Rum, equal parts Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, 7up/Soda

Valentine's Heart: 1 oz Fireball Whiskey, water & just a splash or so of Cola

Sweet & Sassy: 1/2 oz Honey Jack Daniels, 1/2 oz Fire Jack Daniels

Just a few! I've got plenty more I've  created, but I'll save those for another time.

NOTE: If you've run into any of these concoctions before, know that I arrived at these mixes independently, and that any overlap is pure coincidence. 

Enjoy!

Edited by falcon45ca
9 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Am I drunk? Not really, as a bartender drinking is quite literally part of my job, so while I'm not sober I'm also not drunk.

BUT. I invent drinks/shots all the time, I find it a fun & exciting element of the job. So, here's a few I've come up with & hope you fine folk enjoy (in moderation).

Some of these drinks might already exist. If they do, I'm blissfuly unaware. Feel free to borrow the recipes, just please use the names I've given them...you don't even have to give me credit, just use the name. ;)

Mintmeister: 1/2 oz Jag, 1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps

Shamrocker: 1/4 oz Creme De Menthe (green), 1/4 oz Creme De Cacao, 1/2 oz Vodka

Electric Smurf: 1/4 oz Blue Curacao, 1/4 oz Malibu, 1/2 oz Vodka

Hulk Smash: 1 oz Blue Curacao, 1 oz Vodka, 50/50 Orange & Pineapple Juice (should be a bright green if the ratios are done right)

CosbyPolitan: 1 oz Vodka, 1 oz Cointreau, 1 oz White Rum, 2 oz Cranberry Juice, freshly squeezed lime (3 of these and you won't know where you've been)

Bombastic: 1 oz Bombay Gin, ! oz Spiced Rum, equal parts Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, 7up/Soda

Valentine's Heart: 1 oz Fireball Whiskey, water & just a splash or so of Cola

Sweet & Sassy: 1/2 oz Honey Jack Daniels, 1/2 oz Fire Jack Daniels

Just a few! I've got plenty more I've  created, but I'll save those for another time.

NOTE: If you've run into any of these concoctions before, know that I arrived at these mixes independently, and that any overlap is pure coincidence. 

Enjoy!

Do you also have the recipe for the "Flaming Moe"? :bigblush:

12 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Do you also have the recipe for the "Flaming Moe"? :bigblush:

No, Homer did. Moe was a fraud.

Classic Simpsons!

That drink is crazy though, many cough syrups have acetaminophen, which is processed by your liver...same with the booze.

Easy way to suffer liver failure. Don't mix the two, unless you're trying to really damage your liver!

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

No, Homer did. Moe was a fraud.

Classic Simpsons!

That drink is crazy though, many cough syrups have acetaminophen, which is processed by your liver...same with the booze.

Easy way to suffer liver failure. Don't mix the two, unless you're trying to really damage your liver!

haha yea that was one of the great episodes....good advice as well, that is a truly deadly cocktail to put into your system at once. 

Will be trying your vodka concoctions soon :) 

3 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

haha yea that was one of the great episodes....good advice as well, that is a truly deadly cocktail to put into your system at once. 

Will be trying your vodka concoctions soon :) 

I add vodka to a lot of mixes to give them an extra kick, not for flavour. The better quality the vodka, the better the mixes will be! Russian Prince will ruin many of these mixes. :lol: