The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] fair value for sedins

Stamkos & Hedman

Kovalchuk & Parise

Malkin & Crosby

Ovie, Backstrom and Kuznetsov

Giroux & Pronger

Those are the combo's I would trade them for, Sedins are top 5 players in the World in my opinion, top 10 for sure.

They both led the league in scoring in separate seasons. Sedins for Malkin and Crosby seems fair on paper, however since Crosby is the poster boy of not only the Pittsburgh Penguins and Hockey Canada, he is also the poster boy for the entire NHL. Either way, the Sedin brothers will never be traded. Plus @TheGame, I hope your kidding, Yakupov is yet to play a single game in the NHL, and Hopkins has only played one season, posting 53 points. That means that the combined NHL career points between the 2 is 53, both the Sedins had less than great seasons this year, yet Daniel posted 67 (Henrik with 81). Although both players have a lot of potential, they have not proved that they can be all stars (however I see RNH being a fantastic player). Maybe one day that will be a reasonable trade, but I doubt that both Yakupov and RNH will have incredible success. Eberele is far better than Yakupov, and currently better than RNH. Bottomline, Sedins aren't being traded, their value together is possibly the highest of any duo on any team. Interesting topic though, I hadn't really thought of that before. Thanks.

Wow. I saw the thread title and got excited about how much you guys would overvalue the Sedins, but you're all going above and beyond.

Both the Sedins wouldn't fetch Malkin alone. Or Crosby.

Like don't get me wrong I love the Sedins and have defended them in many debates, but at no point of their career will they ever hold as much value as Crosby and Malkin will at their lowest point.

The Sedins hometown discount has to be taken into consideration. 6 million each is a tremendous discount compared to superstar salaries around the NHL. They also have tremendous character recently giving bc children's hospital 1 million.

Ovechkin + Backstrom = $ 16.2 million in salary

Crosby + Malkin = $20 million in salary

D.Sedin+ H.Sedin + Kesler = $17.2 million

There is a reason why we are on the top of league and it has all to do with quality players on hometown discounts. So basically, there is not many players who could replace them based on play and salary cap consideration.

Wow. I saw the thread title and got excited about how much you guys would overvalue the Sedins, but you're all going above and beyond.

Both the Sedins wouldn't fetch Malkin alone. Or Crosby.

Like don't get me wrong I love the Sedins and have defended them in many debates, but at no point of their career will they ever hold as much value as Crosby and Malkin will at their lowest point.

The Sedins hometown discount has to be taken into consideration. 6 million each is a tremendous discount compared to superstar salaries around the NHL. They also have tremendous character recently giving bc children's hospital 1 million.

Ovechkin + Backstrom = $ 16.2 million in salary

Crosby + Malkin = $20 million in salary

D.Sedin+ H.Sedin + Kesler = $17.2 million

There is a reason why we are on the top of league and it has all to do with quality players on hometown discounts. So basically, there is not many players who could replace them based on play and salary cap consideration.

Archived