The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which peices do we want from Florida?

Sandro17

i think both sides have to give in a little....they don't want to give up and of their young prospects and we don't want to take any large contract back.....there is a deal there to be made......howden/bugstad/shore or petrovic and ?

Their prospect depth is what I hope we're looking at. I would say give us any two of Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Petrovic, Bjugstad, or Matthias. No way it would be two of the first three, but likely Petrovic and one other.

As for the salary coming the other way, there's nothing appealing and I hope Gillis can stick to a plan and bring in young assets. Also, the Panthers recently waived Santorelli and Bradley, so that is 2.5 million off their cap and doesn't give them as much wiggle room at forward depth to move out many more forwards (such as Matthias, who I would love to see the Nucks get). Maybe Marcel Goc.

Please, lord baby Jesus, do not send Jovo and his three more years at 4 mil+!

FLA still needs to spend 9 million having 17 players signed to hit the cap floor, 5 players have NTC one being Jose. One would think if we go with Fla Jose would come our way at 1.5. Versteeg would help. Jovo coming back with 4.1 eekk unsure about that. Other then that it looks like youth. Maybe MG is asking for Huberdeau and Fla is firm on holding him. Fla is a tough dance partner, unless we are sending more players that way in a package

Weiss would be a great replacement for Kesler. But Florida thinks they can contend and would want to keep him

Otherwise, I don't see anything beside :

Theodore (as to go, because of Clemmenson, Markstrom and Luongo),

Bjugstad or Howden

2nd to a 4th round pick.

and maybe MayRay go with Luongo as well

Their prospect depth is what I hope we're looking at. I would say give us any two of Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Petrovic, or Matthias. No way it would be two of the first three, but likely Petrovic and one other.

As for the salary coming the other way, there's nothing appealing and I hope Gillis can stick to a plan and bring in young assets. Also, the Panthers recently waived Santorelli and Bradley, so that is 2.5 million off their cap and doesn't give them as much wiggle room at forward depth to move out many more forwards (such as Matthias, who I would love to see the Nucks get). Maybe Marcel Goc.

Please, lord baby Jesus, do not send Jovo and his three more years at 4 mil+!

As much as I don't want to trade Luongo, if he has to go I hope MG is asking for a randsom - Versteeg and Gudbrandson or Kulikov for Luongo, if not more. Theodore has to be part of the deal or we're in trouble because Schneider will struggle with 60+ games as well as playoffs.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Versteeg

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Bitz

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Kulikov/Gudbrandson - Ballard

Schneider

Theodore

Samuelsson would have been a nice part of this package, but he went to Detroit. Got a feeling Theodore is part of it, and he would be a good back up for Cory. Have to believe that Raymond might be part of it going the other way as well. Would like to give this guy another chance after the serious back injury, and a full summer to train.

Archived