The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how far would you go to get weber?

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

before i get started i wanted to reassure you there is no chance that weber re-signs in nashville now...if there was a slim chance before, there is a 0% chance now

personally, i know how much of a franchise booster shot it can be when you acquire an established no.1 defenseman...and you will too one day

one factor that we have that noone else does, is that we are the closest thing to home he can possibly have (hes from sicamous, BC).....this might be our edge or our fallout (he could pull a parise or a kariya we dont know what his motives are yet)

to van: weber

to nsh: edler, tanev, booth, 1st pick 2013, 1st pick 2014

sign him to a 10 year/75 million...7.5m each year, he is only 26 so it will only take him till 36 so he will definitely still be playing

you could say "i dont wanna lose tanev or edler" but guess what we have something that only two other teams have (keith in chicago and chara in boston) a NORRIS TROPHY CANDIATE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!!!!!

you saw how dominating a player of this calibur can have a playoff series...back in 2011 keith virtually dragged chicago back into the series all by himself, the painful memories how chara completly and utterly stopped the sedins in the tracks and weber himself did it to us as well (with help from suter) in that same playoff year in round 2

note: if we know weber has all intentions on coming home then im all for waiting until july 1st but if it doesnt get leaked then im breaking down poiles door down

watch seabrook get out of the way :lol:

can you imagine weber- garrison on the point on the powerplay with the sedins and kesler!?!?!!?....i would hate to be kesler standing in front of the net thats for sure :lol:

He's the type of player you would sell the farm to get, he's equivalent to Sidney Crosby and Steven Stamkos for defencemen.

Now that Lidstrom is retired, I think he is THE best all round defenceman, shutdown and PP quarterback.. not to mention he's a 6'4 220lbs BEAST who smashes star players faces on the boards. :emot-parrot:

He's the type of player you would sell the farm to get, he's equivalent to Sidney Crosby and Steven Stamkos for defencemen.

Now that Lidstrom is retired, I think he is THE best all round defenceman, shutdown and PP quarterback.. not to mention he's a 6'4 220lbs BEAST who smashes star players faces on the boards. :emot-parrot:

1 year $10 million offer sheet. It screws Nashville into having to sign him and then guarantee he goes to free agency next season, or they take the four first rounders. Seems ridiculous, but players like Weber are available never. We've never drafted one. I think Weber alone more than makes up for the four first rounders.

He is the missing piece to put is over the top.

Yep.... you can always fill holes with journeymen players and young guys. You can't get elite talent very often.

It would have to be a sign and trade or offer sheet, you don't sell the farm just for this season.

I would do:

Booth

Edler

Schroeder

Raymond

1st rounder 2013

You can replace some of that with:

Higgins and Jensen on the 2nd line if you can't trade or sign a legit top 6 (take a chance on a young guy)

Try to get other 2nd or 3rd line pieces for the Luongo trade and a depth defenceman

Try to sign a guy like Doan or similar still left in UFA.

Either keep Ballard or trade him for a solid top 9 forward (lots of teams who lost out on Suter need defence)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Jensen

_____ - Lapierre-Hansen

______ - Malhotra - Kassian

Ebbett/Volpatti

Weber-Hamhuis

Garrison-Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Yep.... you can always fill holes with journeymen players and young guys. You can't get elite talent very often.

It would have to be a sign and trade or offer sheet, you don't sell the farm just for this season.

I would do:

Booth

Edler

Schroeder

Raymond

1st rounder 2013

You can replace some of that with:

Higgins and Jensen on the 2nd line if you can't trade or sign a legit top 6 (take a chance on a young guy)

Try to get other 2nd or 3rd line pieces for the Luongo trade and a depth defenceman

Try to sign a guy like Doan or similar still left in UFA.

Either keep Ballard or trade him for a solid top 9 forward (lots of teams who lost out on Suter need defence)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Jensen

_____ - Lapierre-Hansen

______ - Malhotra - Kassian

Ebbett/Volpatti

Weber-Hamhuis

Garrison-Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

I'd wait until next off-season. His buddy Hamhuis is here, his family lives here and he wants a ring like any NHL player. It would be exactly like Parise going to Minny. Minnesota would probably be our closest competitors to get Weber, after acquiring Parise and Suter. We should still be frontrunners tho. We'd have too much $$$ tied up on Defence so we would have to unload someone.

This is the hard part...we could either keep Weber,Hamhuis,Bieksa,Garrison and Edler together, or trade one for a better forward.

The only 2 I'd be willing to part with are Edler and Bieksa. Mostly Edler because Bieksa is more of a character guy and seems great in the locker room.

We would have to Sign and Trade Edler tho because there is no way in hell I'd let him walk for nothing.

Archived