The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Kes effect: Booth to hit 30? [With highlight package]

bure's triple deke

he needs a centre who wants to pass the puck.

no offense to kesler - I think if he scores his share of goals he is more than comfortable giving chances to others... but problem is when he is struggling due to injuries he becomes a puck hog when trying to prove to everyone he is ok. he has the vision, he has the skill, and I think a new attitude this coming season (he isn't trying to rush back for once) so hopefully it is all for the good, and he will become more of a pass-half-the-time player. cause passing is what messes up the other team's D positionally, not trying to barge in on them (except if you are Mario Lemieux, the old Ovechkin... but whatever, hardly worked even for them).

or get a 2nd line pass-first centre and put kesler on the wing with Booth. broken record here I know...

Booth has a lot to give. You can see the combination of size, skill and speed. Just needs a little more finish.

Kesler and Booth could also use a passer on their line. Together, those two don't pass much. I think a playmaker would really benefit both of them.

I have a feeling he's going to have a excellent year this next season. If he stays healthy he can hit 30 goals and that's the secondary scoring we need behind the Sedins.

He's got size and skill. The one knock on him though is his passing. It needs improvement. Might have been the result of joining the team mid season and having trouble fitting the Canucks system.

Guest Dasein

Booth needs to be able to get his shots up from in close to the goaltender - with elite goaltenders like Jonathan Quick who can cover the bottom of the net, Booth's power moves become essentially ineffective.

I do believe he will be better this year but he needs to improve on getting his shot up in close the most IMO.

Booth drives to the net and isn't shy about shooting the puck, hes the perfect replacement for Raymond on the 2nd line. I'd like to see AV keep Higgins Kesler and Booth together. I think just the fact that they are all American's would give them an extra patriotic motivation to perform. Getting to play with two fellow country men doesn't happen often in this league (except for Canadians).

Archived