The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Edm Trade

If we have to trade Luongo then I suggest we trade him to Edm for Eberle.

Edm needs a starting goalie, and we need a talented player in return to give them that piece.

Luongo is a amazing goalie and at only $5.3 I dont see it as a bad cap hit compared to what top end goalie contracts are going for these days. I dont live in vancouver where everyone seems to want to put all the teams problems on Luongo so add in a draft pick if you want to cl;aim its not fair. Edmonton has all those number one picks this move would make sense for them aswell.

we won't trade Luo to someone in the division let alone he probably wouldn't even go to a team in the western conference. Giving up Eberle is an overpayment for Edmonton, and if they were going to trade for a goaltender, they would try to keep their core of eberle,hall,Hopkins,yakupov etc. They would also trade for an up and coming goaltender such as Schneider so that the team grows together as a group.

we won't trade Luo to someone in the division let alone he probably wouldn't even go to a team in the western conference. Giving up Eberle is an overpayment for Edmonton, and if they were going to trade for a goaltender, they would try to keep their core of eberle,hall,Hopkins,yakupov etc. They would also trade for an up and coming goaltender such as Schneider so that the team grows together as a group.

lol Oilers would be overpaying for Luongo and I really don't think they would be willing to give him up. And as well dubnyk just signed a 2 year deal with the Oilers so I'm pretty sure he's going to be the starter. So they wouldn't really need Luongo

This proposal has more merit than many others on CDC. EDM have drafted the best players available regardless of position and are now lopsided with great talent up front and gaping holes in D an an unproven goalie. Hall, RNH and Eberle might be able to score 5 goals per game but they will still lose if teams are scoring 6 against them. A lot is made of the idea that you should never trade to Div rival but I think that is overstated. Would you rather face a goalie that used to a teammate, whose weaknesses you know? or a goalie you've never seen before? MG job is to get the best return for Luongo when he trades him and if that means going to EDM then so be it. The issue of going to a rival is something that fans can get upset about, the GM should be thinking about the big picture i.e. improving the team.

This proposal has more merit than many others on CDC. EDM have drafted the best players available regardless of position and are now lopsided with great talent up front and gaping holes in D an an unproven goalie. Hall, RNH and Eberle might be able to score 5 goals per game but they will still lose if teams are scoring 6 against them. A lot is made of the idea that you should never trade to Div rival but I think that is overstated. Would you rather face a goalie that used to a teammate, whose weaknesses you know? or a goalie you've never seen before? MG job is to get the best return for Luongo when he trades him and if that means going to EDM then so be it. The issue of going to a rival is something that fans can get upset about, the GM should be thinking about the big picture i.e. improving the team.

Doubt Luongo waives to go to EDM.

I'd like to see a minor trade between the two teams. 2 Wolves for 2 Barons.

EDM: Sweatt, S. Schneider

VAN: Omark, Plante

position: Sweatt = Omark, Schneider = Plante

value: Sweatt = Plante, Schneider = Omark

Archived