The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

The Lions coming back on the Cowboys totally made up for the Eagles brutal play the last 2 weeks.

Megatron is in a league of his own like Peterson.

Top 10 receivers in the league right now

1. Calvin Johnson

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Dez Bryant

5. Brandon Marshall

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Demaryius Thomas

8. Jordy Nelson

9. Michael Crabtree

10. Andre Johnson

Odd list, has Crabtree even played this year?

GO EAGLES GO! Lol, Eagles score 7 points, touchdown in the last 5 mins... Eagles don't know how to score anymore. :/

Eagles seriously need to trade Nick Foles in the off-season. Michael Vick is not the long-term answer either.

Keep Barkley at 3rd string and draft Marcus Mariotta from Oregon to run the offence if he declares. He is being called by some as the next Kaepernick.

Both are similar size and similar play styles. Rocket arms and long legs to run like a gazelle perfect fit in Chip Kelly's offence.

Vick is injury prone and can't be counted on keep him around for cheap for another year to mentor Mariotta or if he wants to only be a starter just trade him or release him.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Eagles seriously need to trade Nick Foles in the off-season. Michael Vick is not the long-term answer either.

Keep Barkley at 3rd string and draft Marcus Mariotta from Oregon to run the offence if he declares. He is being called by some as the next Kaepernick.

Both are similar size and similar play styles. Rocket arms and long legs to run like a gazelle perfect fit in Chip Kelly's offence.

Vick is injury prone and can't be counted on keep him around for cheap for another year to mentor Mariotta or if he wants to only be a starter just trade him or release him.

If he declares the Eagles will have to trade up to get him because he will probably not slide past 2 with the Buccaneers (as it stands now). Philly is not bad enough to slide into the bottom 3, probably not even bottom 5. Bridgewater will probably go first and even though Clowney is a superior talent, the qb position is way more important plus Clowney is not even playing at a level expected of him right now.

And get crushed first game of the playoffs.

Dallas matched Denver and matched Kansas City. We always play up to our opponents. If we get in the playoffs we would likely play the 5th seed witch would be San Fran or Seattle. It would defanatly be a close game.

Dallas matched Denver and matched Kansas City. We always play up to our opponents. If we get in the playoffs we would likely play the 5th seed witch would be San Fran or Seattle. It would defanatly be a close game.

lol. Seattles going 14-2 or 15-1. First in NFC. Look at their schedule. 49ers are looking good to lock up 5th and Dallas is gonna take their division at 8-8, maybe (like everything Cowboys related, its hard to tell). Percy Harvins conditioning is almost done and he will make his debut against the bucs Nov 3. I hear hes pretty good.

Dallas is a mystery to me this year. I cant figure them out at all. I dont know what to expect from game to game and I just dont know about Romo anymore. I used to like him. Their saving grace is their usual enemy the Giants have fallen to pieces in spectacular fashion tho they are showing signs of life lately.

Staffords awesomeness at the end of the game tonight was hard to not like. The guys a beast. 488 yards. talk about fired up. IF not for the turnovers and a couple special teams plays Dallas would have not been in this game . Look at total net yards. Dallas 268. Detroit 623. Thats right look at it.

EDIT: If Dallas brings this game against Seattle or the 49ers in the first round they are gonna get gutted.

Edited by Offensive Threat

If he declares the Eagles will have to trade up to get him because he will probably not slide past 2 with the Buccaneers (as it stands now). Philly is not bad enough to slide into the bottom 3, probably not even bottom 5. Bridgewater will probably go first and even though Clowney is a superior talent, the qb position is way more important plus Clowney is not even playing at a level expected of him right now.

I agree that may be wishful thinking. They are a handful of good qbs that could come available in the draft this year.

There is also Hundley, Boyd, Stephen Morris, even Johnny Football is probably going to declare that would be interesting in this offence.

But more realistically I think the Eagles need a better threat at receiver opposite Jackson for whoever is at qb. They need to re-sign Maclin to be the #3 receiver for next year.

Jackson is a solid #2 but they need a big body receiver who can run and catch the ball when he is covered by high pointing it especially in the end zone. Right now they are just double covering Jackson because there is no other receiving threat.

Either sign a big body guy like a Kenny Britt or draft someone like a Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee in the first round.

Edited by Chip Kelly

The Lions coming back on the Cowboys totally made up for the Eagles brutal play the last 2 weeks.

Megatron is in a league of his own like Peterson.

Top 10 receivers in the league right now

1. Calvin Johnson

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Dez Bryant

5. Brandon Marshall

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Demaryius Thomas

8. Jordy Nelson

9. Michael Crabtree

10. Andre Johnson

Really, no Welker?

Nice run by Pryor and against the Steelers makes it even sweeter. Steelers are probably my most hated team, much like everyone hates the pats.

Megatron, just wow.

Dez Bryant what a lil bizzle.

Patriots have no business being 6-2, feels like they're 2-6.

Chiefs one and done in the playoffs? Me thinks so. Nice turn around though. Man that Jeff Haley must of been a real terrible coach.

I agree that may be wishful thinking. They are a handful of good qbs that could come available in the draft this year.

There is also Hundley, Boyd, Stephen Morris, even Johnny Football is probably going to declare that would be interesting in this offence.

But more realistically I think the Eagles need a better threat at receiver opposite Jackson for whoever is at qb. They need to re-sign Maclin to be the #3 receiver for next year.

Jackson is a solid #2 but they need a big body receiver who can run and catch the ball when he is covered by high pointing it especially in the end zone. Right now they are just double covering Jackson because there is no other receiving threat.

Either sign a big body guy like a Kenny Britt or draft someone like a Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee in the first round.

Ya that would be the best thing to do in a deep qb draft. Address needs with a high level pick at another position of need then take a qb in the second or trade into the back of the first if you need to. Don't know alot about Philly, so i cant really elaborate more than that lol

Sad thing is I thought Kenny Britt was on his way to becoming a top 10 receiver in this league before his injuries. Of course his off-field problems could have also effected his play

I don't think he will ever be a top 10 receiver in this league, but Kendall Wright is starting to become a solid receiver.

Really, no Welker?

I would leave Welker off because he is just a slot guy a very good one at that and probably the best in the league, but not a truly complete receiver.

In my mind to be top 10 you gotta be good catching, short, mid-range, and deep plus also being able to jump over guys and be a red zone threat.

That is usually reserved for big physical receivers.

Sad thing is I thought Kenny Britt was on his way to becoming a top 10 receiver in this league before his injuries. Of course his off-field problems could have also effected his play

I don't think he will ever be a top 10 receiver in this league, but Kendall Wright is starting to become a solid receiver.

He is clearly frustrated with the Titans and has checked out mentally at this point and is looking for a fresh start. I think the talent is still there being a former first round pick but someone needs to get it out of him.

Maybe playing for a team like the Eagles while being close to his hometown in New Jersey and being in an exciting new offence while not having to shoulder the entire load will free him up to just play and complement Jackson and Maclin.

I would like the Eagles to take a shot at him give him a 2 year deal to prove himself and if it works out great and he matures and starts playing like a first rounder again and if not just cut him and move on.

The thing people question is his work ethic and focus being a big guy but not being as physical consistently as he should be.

So Riley Cooper is not the answer?

He should not even be on the team. After his racist rant I lost pretty much all respect for his redneck country boy ass. He is not a starting caliber wr on a team who thinks it is legit.

The only reason he is still around and wasn't cut is because the Eagles are extremely thin at receiver since Maclin went down.

It took a lot to convince guys on his own team to put what happened in the past and resist taking a shot at Cooper.

For some reason I remembered the 04 division playoff game vs the Colts as a 20-10 win, but turns out the Pats defense held the #1 offense in arguably the best year of Peyton Manning's career (not including this current half season) (49TDs, 4500 yards passing) to just a field goal.

:)

How do I block a user?

Edited by Cyril Sneer