The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Pass d not bad but they still look really vulnerable on the ground. Bradshaw has been so beat up that past few years and he was running wild.

I agree but I expected more than 30 points from the colts so that's good. I expect more than 50% red zone efficency from the offense though lol guess the D is surpassing my expectations and offense has been cold then hot at times

If that is a horse collar tackle (called on Landry), then just simply sacking the QB should be considered roughing the passer.

What an absolutely pathetic, moronic, blind call by the zebras.

Not cheering for either team specifically, but Landry grabbed his jersey at the shoulder. Even the Super Bowl referee they have with them in booth said unless the hand goes inside the jersey and the defender pulls down the offensive player by the back of the neck, it's not a penalty.

I was cheering for the Eagles (since I had bets on them) but DAMN that was a horrible call. The missed PI/holding on that INT was also brutal.

Edited by The Magician

So I have Calvin Johnson... Someone just offered me AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald for him... Thoughts?

Personally i wouldn't do it, with Green's health in question and i cant see Fitzgerald having that good of a year, with Brown and Floyd coming up, and especially as long as Palmer is out

AJ just got injured. If he was completely healthy it would be worth taking a chance but not now...

Personally i wouldn't do it, with Green's health in question and i cant see Fitzgerald having that good of a year, with Brown and Floyd coming up, and especially as long as Palmer is out

Thanks guys, Megatron alone has more yards/tds than those 2 guys put together. The trade improves my depth, but not my overall scoring, Gonna reject it.

Eagles' got better as the game went on, a couple turnovers was a big reason to why Eagles won. I thought the running game of the Colts would kill the Eagles but they started to step up, finally started scoring in the red zone.
McCoy is an animal but I think he can have a better game, Foles missed a few deep passes, otherwise it wasn't too bad of a game for the Eagles.
Sproles is sick, defence is tired and sub in Sproles which is difficult because of the speed and he can go all the way. Screens, sweeps all go east and west making the Colts' defence extremely tired. They were just done at the end of the game and Eagles went all over them.
Eagles are going to surprise alot of people IMO, underdogs to make it to the Superbowl if they can beat out Seahawks in the regular season and win the NFC.

Eagles' got better as the game went on, a couple turnovers was a big reason to why Eagles won. I thought the running game of the Colts would kill the Eagles but they started to step up, finally started scoring in the red zone.
McCoy is an animal but I think he can have a better game, Foles missed a few deep passes, otherwise it wasn't too bad of a game for the Eagles.
Sproles is sick, defence is tired and sub in Sproles which is difficult because of the speed and he can go all the way. Screens, sweeps all go east and west making the Colts' defence extremely tired. They were just done at the end of the game and Eagles went all over them.
Eagles are going to surprise alot of people IMO, underdogs to make it to the Superbowl if they can beat out Seahawks in the regular season and win the NFC.

Let's not get adhead of ourselves yet. Riley Cooper has been MIA for two straight weeks and they just re-signed to some pretty decent coin to be the #2 receiver.

I too would like to see the pass game get going. I want them to feature Zach Ertz more as the #1 option instead of Maclin. With Ertz's size and speed he is a mismatch for lb's and safeties and even corners who try to cover him.

He is the size of a TE but has the skills of a wide receiver.

Sproles has been outstanding the past 2 games. If McCoy can pick it up it will be a very lethal 1-2 punch in the run game.

The d also needs to be better against the run.

I feel like the Eagles match up well against the Redskins who don't have a great defence and should be able to be exploited.

The real litmus test for this team comes in week 4 when they have to go play the 49ers in San fran. I wanna see if this offence can produce against a physical d that can shut down the run game and force you to be one dimensional on offence.

Along with an offence that has a lot of big physical receivers, a warhorse at rb in Frank Gore and of course the uniqueness of Colin Kaepernick will be a HUGE challenge for the team to prove they can handle it and perhaps contend with the NFC elite this year.

Way back when, I drafted Gordon with my very last pick :)

I was away without internet for about a week when we had our draft, i set autopick to take gordon around the 9 th round, then i came back to the news of him officially being suspended, so i dropped him, thinking that was the end of it. Silly me.

Just looking at my team from my money league with friends, beginning to think I have a pretty good shot of winning it all or at least being in the final and making my money back seeing how some of my guys seem to be aiming for career years

Off to a 2-0 start with some players incredibly underperforming.

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Randall Cobb

RB: Joique Bell

RB: Matt Asiata

TE: Zach Ertz

Flex: Julian Edelman

Flex: Steve Smith Sr

K: Bryant

Def: Chicago

Bench: Woodhead