The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I'm sure the league will pursue with with the same intensity, integrity, and vigor.....o who am I kidding, this is the NFL we're talking about afterall.

One week ago balls tested deflated and the league still doesn't have a response. I'm certain Ben will get suspended 4 games for being generally aware, Steelers will be stripped away of their 1st rounder, and be forced to cough up $1M in fines right? Nevermind, that most definitely won't happen because no one cares unless it's the Pats. 

Either Goodell perpetuates the utter madness of deflategate or he is exposed as bias against the Patriots. I mean he is available to the media everyday so at least we'll have his response to this shortly, right? Can't wait to see how the Steelers postgame will be; for all I care they could just simulate the rest of the game. My bet: this story gets no wheels because it's not the Patriots so might as well go home while you can.  

...there's just no way Mother Nature would scientifically mess with a ball without the QB's permission. 

12 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I'm sure the league will pursue with with the same intensity, integrity, and vigor.....o who am I kidding, this is the NFL we're talking about afterall.

One week ago balls tested deflated and the league still doesn't have a response. I'm certain Ben will get suspended 4 games for being generally aware, Steelers will be stripped away of their 1st rounder, and be forced to cough up $1M in fines right? Nevermind, that most definitely won't happen because no one cares unless it's the Pats. 

Either Goodell perpetuates the utter madness of deflategate or he is exposed as bias against the Patriots. I mean he is available to the media everyday so at least we'll have his response to this shortly, right? Can't wait to see how the Steelers postgame will be; for all I care they could just simulate the rest of the game. My bet: this story gets no wheels because it's not the Patriots so might as well go home while you can.  

...there's just no way Mother Nature would scientifically mess with a ball without the QB's permission. 

I strongly doubt the NFL will punish their sweethearts. Now if the Giants accused New England of this however, Goodell would ban Brady for life with no appeal. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Pears said:

I strongly doubt the NFL will punish their sweethearts. Now if the Giants accused New England of this however, Goodell would ban Brady for life with no appeal. 

I'm thinking death penalty actually.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, gurn said:

Same with him, I'd be happy for him if he makes it, but I'd prefer he didn't. Does that make me a bad person?:unsure:

Sort of? I thing he is a longshot though because of his age 28 and being undersized. He might make a practice squad or a roster best case on special teams. It's on him does he want to be known as the best in the CFL, or just one of the many grunts in the NFL that are unknown that fans don't care for? Even backups and special team NFL guys on average make more money than big name CFL players.

Heck some guys just wanna stick around on the practice squad as long as they can before heading back to the CFL where they have a guaranteed spot.

23 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

ARod putting up a vintage performance so far. Sucks for them Detroit keeps on winning. Stafford and his ridiculous 4th quarter comebacks.

...Montgomery is a beast, does it all. Surprised he doesn't take a few snaps under centre haha

Has developed a ton since college and put on some weight. At Stanford he was basically a guy you wanted in space, no route running ability decent hands nothing special. Very interesting development path to get where he is.

Also what a break from Demetrious Randall. That is a incredible play

• Upvote 1