The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Brady strengthened his MVP case prior to even taking a snap today with all the other candidates having played pretty meh on Sunday. Then he comes out and does what he just did.

Up against the #1 defense in the league, no Gronk, no Amendola, effortlessly throws for 400+ yards and 3TDs. 

...has to be the clear cut favourite now at this point. It would be cool if there could be an exception and the Dallas oline would be eligible as I believe they are truly deserving of it though it won't happen. But knowing the media votes, they'll still be bias against Brady for not having played the first 4 games even though that has nothing to do with MVP, especially in this case taking all things (other candidates) into consideration. 

Imo, Brady wins it hands down if the Pats end up with the best record in the NFL. If not the entire league but best record in the AFC, still think he'd be the fav tho there'd be an off chance he still doesn't get it. Other than that, I don't think the media would vote him in. 

16 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Imo, Brady wins it hands down if the Pats end up with the best record in the NFL. If not the entire league but best record in the AFC, still think he'd be the fav tho there'd be an off chance he still doesn't get it. Other than that, I don't think the media would vote him in. 

Why am I not surprised that this would be your conclusion.  

I nominate Ezekiel Elliott, Matt Ryan, 

Candidates who are suspended should not be eligible to win that year - Goodell rule.  

Edited by Neversummer
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Are you kidding me?  NE seriously wants to toss this game?

Where are all the Pats and Brady fan boys?  

We're all watching the game, not on the forum..

Seriously, if it wasn't for the special teams, Baltimore wouldn't have been in this game as close as they should have. Can BB just take Cyrus Jones off special teams for the rest of the year. He clearly can't handle it with 4 fumbles this season. Logan Ryan continues to disappoint. Terrible coverage tonight. Secondary is weak to the long throws and it showed. Ryan has been slacking since early in the season and each week he hasn't shown any improvement.

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Decent game but Ravens secondary is thin and it showed. 

Pass rush didn't help because the ball was coming out so quickly.

That rookie Tavon Young out of Temple is pretty nice don't know how the Ravens git him so late. Good slot corner maybe he moved to the outside if Jimmy Smith is out.

It doesn't matter much next week is easy win week with the Eagles. Sproles has a concussion and nine if the receivers are a threat down field. The o line is crumbling and will get destroyed by the Ravens front 7.

I expect Mike Wallace or Steve Smith to have a big day. Eagles corners are trash.

12 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Are you kidding me?  NE seriously wants to toss this game?

Where are all the Pats and Brady fan boys?  

Was watching the game. :ph34r:

Was also yelling at Cyrus Jones.

Also that flea flicker though.:wub:

But how about taking Hogan and McLellan out of Buffalo and Chicago and showing those teams what exactly they could've had with the right coaching.

Win last night and the Oakland loss will let me breathe a little during the Denver game next week since a loss won't be the worst thing. 

15 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Brady strengthened his MVP case prior to even taking a snap today with all the other candidates having played pretty meh on Sunday. Then he comes out and does what he just did.

Up against the #1 defense in the league, no Gronk, no Amendola, effortlessly throws for 400+ yards and 3TDs. 

Lmao stop. That's the worst number 1 defense I've ever seen. No pass rush and puppy dog secondary. 

Aaaaand I'm a Ravens fan. 

Stop acting like Amendola done anything all year lol. 

Mvp will one of the Dallas duo or A-Rod if they win out and make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I died of laughter when I heard this live hahahahaha

Lol, that's awesome.  Hate to lose him to a head coaching gig but it's inevitable.

Image result for PATRIOT FAN DRESSED AS PATRICIA

Image result for PATRIOT FAN DRESSED AS PATRICIA
Edited by Tre Mac

55 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I read an article about the Rams having Carroll on their wish list on The Score. The Rams can f*** off as Seahawks are going to keep him forever. 

Carroll himself tried to quash the speculation with a one-word answer Tuesday morning when he spoke to reporters who cover the Rams on a conference call to preview Thursday’s game between Los Angeles and Seattle at CenturyLink Field.

Asked if he could rule out that he would have any interest in coaching the Rams, Carroll said “yes.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-coach-pete-carroll-says-hed-have-no-interest-in-coaching-los-angeles-rams/

No smoke, no fire.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Didn't really go up against any good qbs tbh. Only Carr and he litt it up with 4 tds  

Devin Hester still the GOAT of kick and punt returners.

2 hours ago, c00kies said:

Mike could never live up to the Nugent name like Ted did.

Eagles corners are hot garbage. I don't want either Caroll or McKelvin back after they got clowned again by Desean just like every year he plays the Eagles he scores a long ass TD.

Now they signed Dwayne Gratz who is a draft bust and got ran out of town from the Jaguars and the Rams cut him a little while ago too.

Guess who his scouting report says he plays like? Bradley &^@#ing Fletcher.

This year is the last chance I'm giving Roseman to draft and sign the right guys and try to make a trade or two also since he loves to trade more than any team in the league besides the Patriots.

I expect 2 new CBS, 2 WRs, and 1 bell cow RB.

If he can't get weapons for Wentz and some competent corners fire his ass.