The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/12/13/michigan-wolverines-football-jim-harbaugh-not-leaving-la-rams/95397120/

On Jim Harbaugh leaving Michigan:

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is not leaving for the Los Angeles Rams or any other job.

"I'm not leaving Michigan, not even considering it. A lot of this talk is coming from our enemies, from coaches, you know the names. You probably know the names of the top three I'm referring to. They like to say that to the media. They like to tell that to the recruits, to their families, try to manipulate them into going to some other school besides Michigan."

"We know them as jive turkeys."

55 minutes ago, Green Building said:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/12/13/michigan-wolverines-football-jim-harbaugh-not-leaving-la-rams/95397120/

On Jim Harbaugh leaving Michigan:

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is not leaving for the Los Angeles Rams or any other job.

"I'm not leaving Michigan, not even considering it. A lot of this talk is coming from our enemies, from coaches, you know the names. You probably know the names of the top three I'm referring to. They like to say that to the media. They like to tell that to the recruits, to their families, try to manipulate them into going to some other school besides Michigan."

"We know them as jive turkeys."

Who you calling Jive Turkey? 

You trying to set me up?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Released haha. Dude needs to retire. Breathe on him and he got spooked. Won't miss you. 

Apparently because of that fair catch call that led to the safety. I mean I feel bad for the guy but who would've know the ball would've had a fortuitous bounce costing the Ravens a safety.

10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Lol, that's awesome.  Hate to lose him to a head coaching gig but it's inevitable.

Image result for PATRIOT FAN DRESSED AS PATRICIA

Seriously, the comparison is impeccable 

10 hours ago, Neversummer said:

So in NFL, you're able to talk about wanting other coaches (Rams on Harbaugh, Carroll), there's not tampering rule?  

Well they're talking about Michigan Harbaugh so I doubt they would treat that they same as Carroll, which is basically selective enforcement and make it up as you go along. 

12 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Yah, I think owner said, 'someone like Pete Carroll ... '

I haven't seen any one person, let alone Kroenke, linked to those comments, just the typical "multiple sources" that indicate covering ass. It was probably leaked intentionally to feel it out, I mean who wouldn't want Carroll to coach their team after a firing?   

17 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

TNF won't have the hype of the rivalry since its two teams trending in two different directions. However Seahawks lost vs the Rams early in the season and would love some payback on their home turf. Anything can happen but I see the Seahawks cruising to an easy victory

agree with Sherman ... they should do away with TNF.  No pizazzz ... shortened week for players, gets them out of their usual rhythm.    

Finally get to see the Seahawk Rush jerseys.  If they look half as good as they do in Madden17 I may wanna buy one!

11 hours ago, Neversummer said:

agree with Sherman ... they should do away with TNF.  No pizazzz ... shortened week for players, gets them out of their usual rhythm.    

That can make for some unpredictable games though, which to me is entertaining.  The problem are weak matchups, the players are just whining about the short rest something I don't give a crap about, they get paid enough for it.  Plus we wouldn't get all these sweet jerseys that were worn on Thursday night (Vikings, Raiders, Chargers, etc.).

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

Hand BB the sb

Crazy, the first thought that went into my head when he was released was 'Man how good would he be in a pats uniform but no way Belichik would claim him.'  This makes up for the canucks misfortunes.

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Crazy, the first thought that went into my head when he was released was 'Man how good would he be in a pats uniform but no way Belichik would claim him.'  This makes up for the canucks misfortunes.

Huge addition when was the last time the Patriots had a big physical wr? They prefer small quick guys and use their big TEs in the red zone.

Now I'm scared Patriots gonna tip toe to the Super Bowl.

The one *asterisk is the Patriots have a very complicated playbook that Chad Johnson couldn't figure out so it is on Floyd and the Patriots to use him with heavy discretion in limited packages off the bat.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

That means Eagles with their wr core passed up on him? FFS!!:o

This Eagles were 9th in waiver priority.

Also this.....

I'm really surprised we never put a claim

in since our top two receivers without Green are Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd.