The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Not even close chip. Stick to offense man

If you do not think that Earl Thomas is this generation's Ed Reed then you do not watch Earl Thomas play very often. He has been the best safety since the 2012-13 season. He has the range, the playmaking ability, the hit power, the football IQ, the leadership ability, the tackling ability. Anything you want in a defensive back he has. He probably will end up being a top 5 maybe even a top 3 safety in NFL history. He was the FOCAL POINT of one of the best defenses in NFL history.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/ed-reeds-mark-on-the-top-7-safeties-in-the-nfl-today.html/?a=viewall

Ed Reed "There is Earl Thomas, and there’s everyone else. The Seattle Seahawks have built arguably the greatest secondary in the history of the National Football League, and Thomas is the glue that holds it all together...You can’t put a price on how valuable Thomas is to the Seattle Seahawks"

Edited by ReggieBush
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

If you do not think that Earl Thomas is this generation's Ed Reed then you do not watch Earl Thomas play very often. He has been the best safety since the 2012-13 season. He has the range, the playmaking ability, the hit power, the football IQ, the leadership ability, the tackling ability. Anything you want in a defensive back he has. He probably will end up being a top 5 maybe even a top 3 safety in NFL history. He was the FOCAL POINT of one of the best defenses in NFL history.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/ed-reeds-mark-on-the-top-7-safeties-in-the-nfl-today.html/?a=viewall

Ed Reed "There is Earl Thomas, and there’s everyone else. The Seattle Seahawks have built arguably the greatest secondary in the history of the National Football League, and Thomas is the glue that holds it all together...You can’t put a price on how valuable Thomas is to the Seattle Seahawks"

Didn't say he wasn't the best saftey right now. Just said Earl Thomas is no Ed Reed. Not even close in comparison imo. Reed was so much better.

Even Brady and Belichick used to game plan around that guy. You know when...

46 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Didn't say he wasn't the best saftey right now. Just said Earl Thomas is no Ed Reed. Not even close in comparison imo. Reed was so much better.

Even Brady and Belichick used to game plan around that guy. You know when...

Agree to disagree

On 08/02/2017 at 0:48 PM, ReggieBush said:

IMO I can totally see the Raiders, Steelers, or Texans coming out of the AFC next season. Hell, if the Colts can get Andrew Luck some pass protection he can bring them to the promise land. In the NFC, I have a bit of a bone to pick with analysts. With Pete Carroll as coach Seattle will never be "out of the mix" for a Super Bowl. He finds talent, develops, and gets the most out his players. If Seattle can

1.shore up its offensive line particularly on the edges (I would want to bring in Kalil and draft one of Bolles/Ramczyk),

2. add an outside corner (longer guys like Rasual Douglas or Kevin King, maybe even an athlete who we can develop like Adoree Jackson) moving Lane to the slot where he is at his best,

3.and add a safety/linebacker player in the mold of Deon Buchanan (Shalom Luani from WSU) to play that WILL backer

this team is winning the Super Bowl next year if ETIII and Russell Wilson can stay healthy

I would have to agree. I read  The Score's mock draft and Ramczyk is slated to go to Denver. If they perhaps pass and go with a player that maybe the top 15 in the draft that teams passed on, I could see the Seahawks drafting the kid as he looks to be a very promising offensive linebacker. Having him with Ifedi, Glowinski and Britt would be a scary and improved O line. Had ETIII stayed healthy this past season, we would've been in the Super Bowl easily again and would've gotten some long awaited revenge on the Pats. Looking forward to the draft for sure

6 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

The one thing about the NFL draft that makes it unique is that you can draft a day one contributor in the 7th round. There are no real throwaway picks

Yup.  Aren't they drafting guys 21 and older?  Too bad the NHL couldn't raise the age of the draft to 20.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

The earliest you can declare for the NFL draft is 3 years removed from your High School Grad

Wow!  That's at least 21 for most, isn't it?  I heard that some parents hold their boys back a year too, so they are one year more mature for football.  That makes those kids 22 then for their draft class.  No wonder the NFL rookies make impact.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, Jiggs50 said:

Not even close chip. Stick to offense man

When I said "this generations". I really meant "this generations" literally meaning if Ed Reed was the best FS of his era and Troy Polamalu was the best SS etc, then 

Earl Thomas is this era's Ed Reed. Best FS by far because of his range in coverage combined with his tackling abilities.

Without him Chancellor and Sherman didn't look as good and the whole LOB went down a couple notches quite obviously.

Again it was no disrespect to Ed Reed who is a first ballot HOFer and all time great safety. But c'mon even he said the closest guy that is the top dog at safety in the game right now is Earl Thomas.

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  That's at least 21 for most, isn't it?  I heard that some parents hold their boys back a year too, so they are one year more mature for football.  That makes those kids 22 then for their draft class.  No wonder the NFL rookies make impact.  

That's the way it should be why draft boys who still have to grow into their bodies vs young men in their early 20's who are more physically ready and hopefully more mentally mature to handle the transition to the pro athlete life.

15 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

The earliest you can declare for the NFL draft is 3 years removed from your High School Grad

Undrafted and late round guys make big impacts too sometimes right away.

Come to think of it. If you are drafted in the first 3 rounds you are expected to become a quality impact starter from year 1 or latest year 2.

Rounds 4-7 and undrafted guys are still talented who fall because of medical concerns, small school, or off the field issues. Still they are talented and you can find diamonds in the rough to become solid starters or great backups for depth.

I'd draft Joe Mixon 1st round talent. If there wasn't video evidence of him knocking out a white girl we would talking about in the same conversation with Ezekiel Elliot and Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey as the best all round back to come in the NFL in the last few years.

Don't understand him being banned from participating in the combine though... Is the whole point not to investigate and interview guys with off field issues to determine a guys thought process when he has some incidents?

Tyreek Hill has just a bad history with hitting a female and his baby momma but nobody cares about that because of no video evidence and because that boy fast af

41 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I'd draft Joe Mixon 1st round talent. If there wasn't video evidence of him knocking out a white girl we would talking about in the same conversation with Ezekiel Elliot and Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey as the best all round back to come in the NFL in the last few years.

Don't understand him being banned from participating in the combine though... Is the whole point not to investigate and interview guys with off field issues to determine a guys thought process when he has some incidents?

Tyreek Hill has just a bad history with hitting a female and his baby momma but nobody cares about that because of no video evidence and because that boy fast af

Read somewhere that Tyreek Hill's history was much much worse than Joe Mixon's.

Will probably go in the first 3-4 rounds. 

What Joe Mixon did was disgusting, but he was only 18 and from all reports he's been a pretty standup character since the incident.  Definitely not a fan of the guy, but we've seen prospects with far worse character and behavioural issues be allowed to participate in the combine and end up being drafted.

Edited by Jägermeister

Victor Cruz got released by the Giants. What happened to the guy? He was one of best receivers before OBIII entered the league. All of a sudden, he gets cut by the Giants which is disappointing. I liked the receiver. He always made clutch catches. Would be cool if the Seahawks signed him but I would have to assume they would pass considering Richardson's emergence this year. It's going to be interesting how things play out for him

5 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Victor Cruz got released by the Giants. What happened to the guy? He was one of best receivers before OBIII entered the league. All of a sudden, he gets cut by the Giants which is disappointing. I liked the receiver. He always made clutch catches. Would be cool if the Seahawks signed him but I would have to assume they would pass considering Richardson's emergence this year. It's going to be interesting how things play out for him

He basically missed 2 years worth of football. I'm sure money might have something to do with it and they have Sterling Sheperd