The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

20 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Bigger, yes. More talented, yes. Better? No way. He makes way too many stupid decisions. IDK if he is even a top 12 QB in the NFL

Newton in my view is more fun to watch than Wilson.  I always pull for the Seahawks, and would love Newton on the team.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Newton in my view is more fun to watch than Wilson.  I always pull for the Seahawks, and would love Newton on the team.  

More natural given physical talent for sure.  Up to this point Newtons decision making has been anything but elite and that may be due to an even worse attitude.  It seems he has been maturing.... Slowly... If his maturity/attitude comes even say 70% close to the level of his physical attributes he'll lead the panthers to a Superbowl... But I'm not holding my breath.  I'd pick R.W. any given Sunday, and wouldn't swap quarterbacks if given the choice.

Edited by Rodishred
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Come on lol not top 12? 

30 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Come on Cam Newton is easily a top 12 qb. Wasn't that long ago he led a 15-1 team to the sb and won mvp. 

Russ vs Cam is very debatable. I'm taking Cam for his upside but Wilson is a beast. 

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Wilson

Big Ben

Wentz

Ryan

Stafford

Luck

Rivers

Carr

Newton

Sorry, he is the 12th best. At least right now. Not long before Darnold, Watson, maybe Jimmy G are vaulted into that conversation.

@Van40

Russ and Cam are not debatable. Newton had 1 fantastic season and the rest have been good, not great. Wilson has had 3 or 4 elite seasons, and has never had a drop off like Newton has. Even when you look at his MVP season, you can make the argument that Wilson had just as good a season statistics wise

Edited by ReggieBush

@ReggieBush

Rivers, Stafford, and Carr are not better than Cam. Smh. Empty stat qbs imo. 

Cam has proven he can be a championship caliber qb. Something those 3 haven't. All have little to none playoff success.

Russell is pretty great and I'm a fan of his but I'm still taking Newton. Until Russ carries a team and plays like an MVP, I'll stick with my decision. 

Cam had 45 total tds 

Russ had 35 total tds. 

Cam also beat Russ in the divisional round. 

Btw this never gets brought up. Russell could of made a better throw on the 1 yard line...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Van40 said:

@Pears Carl Lawson :wacko:

Dude is an animal

I’m almost beginning to wonder, if Lawson, Hubbard, and Evans keep this production up, if we should trade Dunlap for a starting RT or RG. 

Edited by Pears
Added thought

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

@ReggieBush

Rogers

Brady

Ben

Brees

Cam

Cam is easily top five for me.  Guy is a freak of nature, who wins games with his arm and his legs.  I still, like I said before, cheer for the Seahawks.  I like Wilson, but he’s not (IMO) in the same league as the top five I listed.

Cam is talented. He is a freak of nature. But he is inefficient, turnover prone, and has poor character.

Just throwing this out there as an outsider to the game. Was watching the ending of the Seahawks and Minnesota game on friday, and was baffled by how that 2 point conversion Minnesota went for counted. Just seems so cheap how that counts in a game, imo I would expect the ball to be at least placed on the ground with your hand or at least a body part touches the end zone, not just throwing your hand in the air and not actually touching a piece of the end zone, just seems kind of cheap and easy to score, what's the point of defense...

57 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just throwing this out there as an outsider to the game. Was watching the ending of the Seahawks and Minnesota game on friday, and was baffled by how that 2 point conversion Minnesota went for counted. Just seems so cheap how that counts in a game, imo I would expect the ball to be at least placed on the ground with your hand or at least a body part touches the end zone, not just throwing your hand in the air and not actually touching a piece of the end zone, just seems kind of cheap and easy to score, what's the point of defense...

Look up "breaking the plane"

The folks at Madden think Newton is a top 12 qb, just barely lol:

1. Aaron Rodgers: 99 overall
2. Tom Brady: 97 overall
3. Drew Brees: 90 overall
4. Russell Wilson: 89 overall
5. Matt Ryan: 88 overall
T6. Ben Roethlisberger/Andrew Luck/Philip Rivers: 86 overall
9. Carson Wentz: 85 overall
10. Matthew Stafford: 83 overall

T11. Cam Newton/Derek Carr: 82overall

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Van40 said:

@ReggieBush

Rivers, Stafford, and Carr are not better than Cam. Smh. Empty stat qbs imo. 

Cam has proven he can be a championship caliber qb. Something those 3 haven't. All have little to none playoff success.

Russell is pretty great and I'm a fan of his but I'm still taking Newton. Until Russ carries a team and plays like an MVP, I'll stick with my decision. 

Cam had 45 total tds 

Russ had 35 total tds. 

Cam also beat Russ in the divisional round. 

Btw this never gets brought up. Russell could of made a better throw on the 1 yard line...

So I guess you didn't bother watching last year then? Because that's EXACTLY what Wilson did and I barely watched any Seahawks games.

Also, Wilson has made it to two SBs whereas Cam only one. Making it once to the show doesn't prove to me that you are a championship caliber QB. 

12 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Not my intention, I just want to reiterate how nonsensical it is to legitimately believe that Newton is a flat out better QB than wilson

I jest... 

It's a win win scenario... You get to prove a point and get pluses.  Intended or not, I think it's kinda brilliant actually... 

See... DangeRuss all the way!

• Like 1