The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I don't know much about Chad Wheeler, (maybe some of the Seahawks fans can weigh in) but I'm guessing this might put an end to his pro career...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/seahawks-chad-wheeler-arrested-on-suspicion-of-felony-domestic-violence/ar-BB1d8Pi8?li=AAggXBR

According to a Kent (Washington) Police Department report obtained by The Seattle Times, a woman called 911 following a "physical fight" with her boyfriend and said that she was being "killed." The report noted that the alleged victim was bleeding and suffered a dislocated arm when police arrived before being taken to the local hospital to treat injuries. 

In a statement provided to The Seattle Times, the Seahawks said: "We are aware of the situation and still gathering information."

According to the report obtained by The Times, Wheeler initially was uncooperative before being detained. He had picked the lock of the bathroom door where the alleged victim was hiding and was standing beside her when police arrived at the scene, the report stated. 

In the police report, the alleged victim claimed Wheeler strangled her before she lost consciousness after she did not bow to him like Wheeler requested. The alleged victim claimed Wheeler told her upon regaining consciousness, "Wow, you're alive?"

48 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't know much about Chad Wheeler, (maybe some of the Seahawks fans can weigh in) but I'm guessing this might put an end to his pro career...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/seahawks-chad-wheeler-arrested-on-suspicion-of-felony-domestic-violence/ar-BB1d8Pi8?li=AAggXBR

Offensive tackle, a weak spot for the Hawks; I'd say they try to keep him, and act depending on the heat they get.

I also will say they should get rid of him, I'm just thinking they won't.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Offensive tackle, a weak spot for the Hawks; I'd say they try to keep him, and act depending on the heat they get.

I also will say they should get rid of him, I'm just thinking they won't.

Looks like the Seabags have released him...

...over/under on how long before he's picked up by the Cowboys? B)

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2021 at 9:39 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

@Mikey2Dope Nice to see a fellow Bills fan in this thread....

I've been on my own in here listening to Patriots fans, for what seems like forever.....

Nice to see a fellow Bills fan as well.

I've been cheering for them since 1988 so heartache is nothing new to me (along with being a Canucks fan lol), but this team is the first time since the early 90's that I feel like we're looking at the beginning of something special. Super stoked to see what happens in the offseason.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Looks like the Seabags have released him...

...over/under on how long before he's picked up by the Cowboys? B)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/seahawks-say-chad-wheeler-is-no-longer-with-the-team-after-his-arrest-on-suspicion-of-felony-domestic-violence/ar-BB1d8Pi8?ocid=msedgdhp

Seattle Seahawks offensive lineman Chad Wheeler is "no longer with the team" after he was arrested Saturday night on suspicion of felony domestic violence and booked into the King County Jail in Seattle, according to jail records. He was released on $400,000 bond Tuesday morning, jail records show.  

The team released a statement Wednesday afternoon, saying: "The Seahawks are saddened by the details emerging against Chad Wheeler and strongly condemn this act of domestic violence. Our thoughts and support are with the victim. Chad is a free agent and no longer with the team."

Wheeler was a restricted free agent, so the team would have needed to make him an offer to keep him for 2021.

From NFL plays to college sports scores, all the top sports news you need to know every day.

According to a Kent (Washington) Police Department report obtained by The Seattle Times, a woman called 911 following a "physical fight" with her boyfriend and said that she was being "killed." The report noted that the accuser was bleeding and suffered a dislocated arm when police arrived before being taken to the local hospital to treat injuries. 

According to the report obtained by The Times, Wheeler initially was uncooperative before being detained. He had picked the lock of the bathroom door where the accuser was hiding and was standing beside her when police arrived at the scene, the report stated. 

In the police report, the accuser claimed Wheeler strangled her before she lost consciousness after she did not bow to him like Wheeler requested. The accuser claimed Wheeler told her upon regaining consciousness, "Wow, you're alive?"

Wheeler, a backup offensive lineman, played in five games for Seattle in 2020. The 6-7, 310-pound lineman played college football at USC and went undrafted before playing in 2017 and 2018 with the New York Giants.

It was not clear Wednesday morning whether Wheeler had legal representation.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Cole Beasley played this post season with a broken leg....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928272-bills-cole-beasley-says-he-has-broken-fibula-played-through-injury?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I remember when Allen completed his first throw to Beasley on Sunday. At the time I thought it boded well, because he wasn't very involved against the Ravens...

Little did I know at the time that it would be Diggs who was shut down this time....

Man what a beast that guy is! Quickly becoming one of my favorite Bills ever.

3 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Man what a beast that guy is! Quickly becoming one of my favorite Bills ever.

For me, that distinction belongs to Jim Kelly (and always will) but CB and Josh are quickly joining the ranks of guys like Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Steve Tasker and Darryl Talley....

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For me, that distinction belongs to Jim Kelly (and always will) but CB and Josh are quickly joining the ranks of guys like Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Steve Tasker and Darryl Talley....

I don’t know why, but I have a soft spot for the Bills.

Its probably because they lost all those back to back super bowls and their fans are very loyal.

Truth be told besides Bills, I tolerate jets, Texans, browns and Bengals and pretty much hate rest of the teams for various reasons.

Packers I just despise!

Edited by CBH1926

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t know why, but I have a soft spot for the Bills.

Its probably because they lost all those back to back super bowls and their fans are very loyal.

Truth be told besides Bills, I tolerate browns and Bengals and pretty much hate rest of the teams for various reasons.

Packers I just despise!

it's pretty hard to imagine a Bears fan who doesn't hate the Packers...It's exactly how I feel about the Patsies and the Phish....

Same goes for college. As a Sooners fan, I hate the Longhorns.....and pretty much the entire SEC....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, UnkNuk said:

So do I.

Because they lost two Superbowls to the Cowboys!      :P

It's funny....I hate the Cowboys, but it has nothing to do with those Superbowls and everything to do with Jerry Jones...

TBH, the only SB that really stings is the loss to the Giants. If you want to see a Bills fan go ballistic, just say "wide right"....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

it's pretty hard to imagine a Bears fan who doesn't hate the Packers...It's exactly how I feel about the Patsies and the Phish....

Same goes for college. As a Sooners fan, I hate the Longhorns.....and pretty much the entire SEC....

I am going to be honest, I am so jealous of Packers having Starr, Favre and Rodgers for what feels like 50 years.

On the other hand Bears have gone through million qb’s.

Dolphins ruined Bears perfect season in 85 so they can suck it.

Can’t stand Boston teams in general, I am so sick of pats winning for 20 years.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

What’s the saying, those who can’t go into teaching? He’s rewritten the rule to those who do it pretty averagely go into analyzing. 

He’s got an incredible mind for the game, just didn’t have the physical traits to match. 

Wat?

Best Thats My Quarterback GIFs | Gfycat

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I am going to be honest, I am so jealous of Packers having Starr, Favre and Rodgers for what feels like 50 years.

On the other hand Bears have gone through million qb’s.

Dolphins ruined Bears perfect season in 85 so they can suck it.

Can’t stand Boston teams in general, I am so sick of pats winning for 20 years.

That's funny, because I have a buddy here who is a transplanted Londoner who loves the Bears. He has said exactly the same thing. In fact, he can tell you what that number is. (it's not a million, but it's close)

• Cheers 1

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/01/25/buccaneers-tom-brady-playoffs-stats-super-bowl?suid=5cc1babffc942d7988391785&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI Extra 012521&utm_term=SI Extra - USE THIS - List

7 Stunning Facts About Tom Brady’s Playoff Career
DAN GARTLANDJAN 25, 2021

Just another January for Tom Brady

Despite all the valid reasons to hate Tom Brady, it’s become increasingly difficult in recent years to deny that he’s the greatest player in the history of the NFL. Anyone still stumping for Joe Montana or Peyton Manning after the Patriots defeated the Falcons in Super Bowl LI to win Brady his fifth ring surely shut up after he got his sixth two years later.

After his Buccaneers beat the Packers on Sunday, Brady is now in prime position to win a preposterous seventh Super Bowl—and do it with a new team. Brady has been to so many Super Bowls and won so many of them that it’s difficult to come up with new ways to say how impressive it is. But I’m going to try anyway. Here are seven facts about Brady’s postseason career that are hopefully interesting enough to drive home how otherworldly he’s been.

Brady has thrown more playoff touchdown passes than any other Bucs QB

After tossing three in the NFC title game, Brady now has seven TDs in his three games this January with the Bucs, surpassing Super Bowl–winning QB Brad Johnson (five touchdowns in four playoff games).

Brady has more Super Bowl appearances than the Bucs have playoff wins

Even after leading Tampa Bay to three postseason victories this year, Brady’s 10 Super Bowls exceed the Bucs’ nine playoff wins.

In two weeks, Brady will start his 10th Super Bowl. No other quarterback has started more than five
John Elway is second all-time with those five Super Bowl starts. Brady’s peers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have combined to start nine.

Brady has reached the Super Bowl in more than half of the seasons in which he was the full-time starting quarterback
Setting aside his rookie year when he sat behind Drew Bledsoe and the 2008 season, which he missed with a torn ACL, Brady has 10 Super Bowl appearances in 19 years.

Brady is also tied for the most conference championship game losses
With a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, Brady is 10–4. (After the Packers’ loss on Sunday, Rodgers is tied with Donovan McNabb and Ken Stabler with a 1–4 record in conference title games.) If Brady loses to the Chiefs, he’ll tie Jim Kelly for most Super Bowl losses with four.

Brady has played in more conference championship games than 26 NFL franchises
Only the 49ers, Steelers, Cowboys and Patriots have more conference championship appearances. He’s tied with the Packers and Raiders. His 10 Super Bowl appearances surpass the marks of every franchise except his old one. But if he manages to get back to the Super Bowl at age 44 next year, Brady would even tie the Patriots.

Brady and LeBron James are the only athletes in the four major North American leagues to play in the championship game/round 10 times in the past 30 years
Brady is the only player ever to appear in 10 NFL championships/Super Bowls.

Brady hasn’t done it alone, of course. He’s had the fortune of playing with some great defenses. The Bucs probably don’t beat the Packers if their defense doesn’t hold Green Bay to just six points off Brady’s three interceptions. That’s part of the reason I’ll always say that Peyton Manning was a better quarterback at his peak than Brady ever was. But that’s a discussion for another day. 

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's funny, because I have a buddy here who is a transplanted Londoner who loves the Bears. He has said exactly the same thing. In fact, he can tell you what that number is. (it's not a million, but it's close)

Yeah, we play often this game called “name all Bears qb’s since Jim McMahon”

I just looked up, big 3 for Packers have played for 44 years, that is sickening!

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, we play often this game called “name all Bears qb’s since Jim McMahon”

I just looked up, big 3 for Packers have played for 44 years, that is sickening!

I had to laugh....I came across this article from USA Today back in 2017. They were ranking the picks in the draft.

Not surprisingly, they weren't excited about the Bears taking Trubisky, but wow, did they miss on this one:

Spoiler

10. Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech — Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo)

Grade: C-

Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He’s nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he’s going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick.

• Haha 2