The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Sad day:sadno:

Twitter feels like a funeral with how people are talking about him lol. 

Even though over the past few years he's not played much (except this past post season run where he reincarnated to 2010-2014 Gronk) his personality was still around the team. 

He's a lot smarter than most people realize because they only see his frat boy side, or have their pats hater blinders on. But he's one of the most financially responsible guys in the league. Hasn't touched any of his contract money. 

I have a feeling he's going to become a business mogul over the next couple decades. 

• Cheers 1

They're saying that he could return just for playoffs?  Not sure how that works but heard it on the drive in as they discussed the fact that he'd be "well rested" and it would be brilliant.  Caught the end of the conversation (only).

Love Gronk...one of the reasons I switched over to the Pats from my long time team the Giants.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

They're saying that he could return just for playoffs?  Not sure how that works but heard it on the drive in as they discussed the fact that he'd be "well rested" and it would be brilliant.  Caught the end of the conversation (only).

Love Gronk...one of the reasons I switched over to the Pats from my long time team the Giants.

His agent and good buddy this morning in an interview said hey if Tom called up Gronk in late November and said we need ya bud, he'd probably sign a 1 year contract and come play the last 4 games plus playoffs because Gronk is a fitness freak and he'll be in shape regardless of playing in the NFL or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

His agent and good buddy this morning in an interview said hey if Tom called up Gronk in late November and said we need ya bud, he'd probably sign a 1 year contract and come play the last 4 games plus playoffs because Gronk is a fitness freak and he'll be in shape regardless of playing in the NFL or not.

So you're saying I should still buy his jersey?  (Was planning on it this year)

Actually didn't realize that he came close to dying through his injuries/internal bleeding.  Wow.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you're saying I should still buy his jersey?  (Was planning on it this year)

Actually didn't realize that he came close to dying through his injuries/internal bleeding.  Wow.

I have a white Gronk jersey from the Super Bowl 49 - so yes, I recommend it

• Cheers 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:56 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Twitter feels like a funeral with how people are talking about him lol. 

Even though over the past few years he's not played much (except this past post season run where he reincarnated to 2010-2014 Gronk) his personality was still around the team. 

He's a lot smarter than most people realize because they only see his frat boy side, or have their pats hater blinders on. But he's one of the most financially responsible guys in the league. Hasn't touched any of his contract money. 

I have a feeling he's going to become a business mogul over the next couple decades. 

Gronk is pretty much made for advertising/promotion. I could see him hosting a game show or something like that easily.

Pretty much anything he wants to do, he can.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah. He'll definitely see some movie roles.

Sort of like this generation's OJ...(minus the white Bronco)

Yeah, he's way too connected to not get a bunch of roles (not leading) if he wanted. I feel like he'll start some sort of Gronk fitness company lol

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Yeah, he's way too connected to not get a bunch of roles (not leading) if he wanted. I feel like he'll start some sort of Gronk fitness company lol

I kinda feel like he should team up with Patrick Warburton and create something (anything) called Gronk and Kronk....B)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

"The Denver Broncos' proposal to provide teams with an alternative to the onside kick generated a lot of interest from the Competition Committee with only one member opposed to it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024006/article/john-mara-only-no-vote-for-onside-kick-alternative

I wonder who was the one team against this and reviewing PI also.

39 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I wonder who was the one team against this and reviewing PI also.

Giants and frankly I like his quote:

Giants owner John Mara told NFL Network's Judy Battista that he was the only no vote on the Competition Committee.

"What are we, the Arena Football League?" Mara said of the proposal to provide a fourth-and-15 alternative option to the onside kick.

I agree, that's stupid rule proposal.  

he members believe it could be a fun option for teams, given that rule changes designed to make the kickoff safer have all but eliminated the chance to successfully execute an onside kick. The proposal calls for teams to get the option, a maximum of once per game during the fourth quarter only, of foregoing a kickoff and instead attempting to remain on offense following a score by converting what would essentially be a fourth-and-15 play from its own 35-yard line.

It could be fun!:picard:

I disagree with Mara. The onside kick is essentially a waste of 5 minutes when considering commercial time on either side of the kick as well as the set up. 

There's a higher likelihood of executing a Bledsoe drop kick than an onside kick in this era of the NFL. 

What's the point of keeping something that can't be executed? Put something that's going to contribute to the game. This is why the Oilers still suck, the old guard unwilling to conform to the new generation. 

Speaking of conforming to the new generation, Kingsbury is an idiot. Social media breaks every 20 minutes during team meetings? He's going to have no authority in that locker room, going to get taken advantage of. 

• Cheers 1

"At the annual league meeting on Tuesday, the owners ratified a proposal that will allow coaches to challenge pass-interference penalties, including ones that go uncalled on the field. Additionally, in the final two minutes of the half, the replay assistant can initiate reviews of called and uncalled pass-interference penalties. It's a one-year rule that will be evaluated next year."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-makes-major-change-to-instant-replay-by-making-called-and-uncalled-pass-interference-penalties-reviewable/

Those reviews in the last two minutes on a Hail Mary could be interesting.