The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Holy sh*t. Just got more incentive to cheer hard for the Chargers today.

My boss, who is loaded up the ass, just called (his team is the Chargers, he's San Diego born) and said he wants a half pay cheque bet if the Pats Chargers are in the AFCCG. His bi weekly pay check is north of 2 grand probably. I'm a full time student working part time. And he's serious..... we're also really good friends outside of work and watch some games together, so this isn't really all that strange lol. Well, maybe the amount is.

GO CHARGERS

edit: He probably makes a LOT more than 2k bi weekly considering he's 90% owner.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Holy sh*t. Just got more incentive to cheer hard for the Chargers today.

My boss, who is loaded up the ass, just called (his team is the Chargers, he's San Diego born) and said he wants a half pay cheque bet if the Pats Chargers are in the AFCCG. His bi weekly pay check is north of 2 grand probably. I'm a full time student working part time. And he's serious..... we're also really good friends outside of work and watch some games together, so this isn't really all that strange lol. Well, maybe the amount is.

GO CHARGERS

edit: He probably makes a LOT more than 2k bi weekly considering he's 90% owner.

Damn!!!! I was already cheering heavily for the Chargers (I don't think we can go into Denver and win). Plus the Chargers are my brothers team and I would love for the Pats to break his heart... :bigblush:

Neither Carolina or San Fran should feel bad if they lose. They both have young teams, with lots of talent and will be competitive for a while.

I'm sure if you tweeted this to the Panthers locker room right now everyone would forget about the loss and move on smiling by evening .

;)

Is it just me, or has this been one of the better years in the NFL? Lots of entertaining football.

I have been entertained greatly this season. Aside from Thusday Night Football which featured scrub games all but 1 or 2 weeks. Playoffs have been great so far. Especially the first game Colts comeback/Chiefs collapse.

Next Sunday is going to be outstanding. I plan on being drunkenly inert with ribs and wings yelling happily at my TV.

Next week Brady vs Manning 4: playoff edition. Brady leads 2-1.

Side note: Manning would have to win the next 3 super bowls (this year included) and the Patriots would have to lose every playoff game the next 3 years for Manning to tie Brady for playoff wins (assuming the Broncos get a bye every year).

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Unfortunately, the Chargers are trying to be something they're not. They're a team that has success by getting the ball to Allen in open space and letting him run. By throwing screens and dunks to Woodhead. They're not a power run team and yet they continue to press that button.

Could it be to set up the Broncos defense and come out throwing in the second half? Or are they just blind?

Unfortunately, the Chargers are trying to be something they're not. They're a team that has success by getting the ball to Allen in open space and letting him run. By throwing screens and dunks to Woodhead. They're not a power run team and yet they continue to press that button.

Could it be to set up the Broncos defense and come out throwing in the second half? Or are they just blind?

Offensive line is struggling so they might be worried about Rivers throwing under duress into the wind.

Offensive line is struggling so they might be worried about Rivers throwing under duress into the wind.

Guess we'll find out. When you're down in the 4th quarter, the word worry gets thrown out with the season on the line lol. One good thing I like is that the Broncos front 7 isn't doing a great job at filling gaps, they're tackling Brown at the second level most times. Good news for Blount.

The Chargers are a bunch of idiots. They keep running it and keep getting shut down. Honestly DO YOU NOT REALIZE YOU'VE PUT UP 0 POINTS IN 2 1/2 QUARTERS ON THE WORST DEFENSE? Stop running you're down by 17 to Peyton Manning going into the fourth you morons.

Edited by debluvscanucks