The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

It was so annoying seeing all you Pats fans post all year, but 99% of you guys have been super classy. I like that. I would have no self control haha so props to you guys. Enjoy!

Btw do you guys follow the draft and free agency and all that!?

I love the NFL draft and am more studied on it than the NHL draft because unlike the NHL draft, all 7 rounds can provide NFL teams with starters, or 2nd stringers.

Free agency I don't care for as much. Pats never do much besides bring in 3rd and 4th string depth guys. Last off season was, as you can imagine, amazing with the announcements of Revis and Browner and LaFell. The year before, the Amendola signing was our "big" move but he didn't do anything in his 1st year.

What kind of merchandise have you guys bought? [Pats fans]

I've bought a couple t shirts and a long sleeve shirt, 1 pull over hoodie, a lanyard, a toque, and a 15x17 plaque that has 6 pictures from the Super Bowl game, a replica ticket, name and picture of the stadium, and the scores from all 3 games this post season.

Luckily the Pats pro shop and NFL shop didn't jack up their prices to take advantage of fans on endorphin highs. Sounds like a lot of stuff but ended up being relatively cheap [About the price of 1 jersey which are about $120 on nfl shop right now].

Just 1 purchase left to complete my list, and that's a couple patches to stitch onto 2 jerseys, since my Brady already has the 04 patch, need to patch my Edelman and Gronk.

Yep its been fun Jiggs. Even though we take some heavy shots at each other, thats all it is. Good luck to the Ravens next year. And yea I follow the draft and most of free agency. That doesnt relieve the fact that we have to wait another 7 months though -_-

Once the season starts up again I'll be back talking crap more than ever lol. 7 months is too long though

I love the NFL draft and am more studied on it than the NHL draft because unlike the NHL draft, all 7 rounds can provide NFL teams with starters, or 2nd stringers.

Free agency I don't care for as much. Pats never do much besides bring in 3rd and 4th string depth guys. Last off season was, as you can imagine, amazing with the announcements of Revis and Browner and LaFell. The year before, the Amendola signing was our "big" move but he didn't do anything in his 1st year.

Yeah the nfl draft provides way more depth overall better players. The Pats usually wait it out, similar to the Ravens.

Watch the 26 second mark of this video:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468077/article/malcolm-butler-a-late-substitution-on-gamewinner

Butler wasn't even on the field. The Seahawks lined up after Lynch ran to the 1, and the Pats lined up in their goal line formation to stop the run. The DB coach saw the Seahawks put out 3 receivers, and you can hear him yelling 3, and then he turns around and says "Malcolm, go!" and Butler sprints onto the field seconds before the ball is snapped, and his life changes forever.

Of course. The draft is the Lions super bowl. It's honestly a little weird not picking in the top 10.

And I usually pay a bit of attention to free agency especially the first couple days, but will be tuned in thoroughly this year with Ndamukong Suh more than likely hitting free agency

Edited by canuckfan_21

I will never say Butler didn't make a brilliant read on the play. I will also never say a pass was the right call. 2 days later and I feel exactly the same as I did on Sunday. Total shock at the sheer stupidity of the play call and execution, but Butler made a speedy move on a terrific read on a play that should never have been called.

The result hurts.

I enjoyed reading the analysis from most of the fans on the board this past season, even some of the more vocal Pats fans. For what it's worth I hope you true fans enjoy the moment. I'll be damned if I'm afraid of a Superbowl rematch next season. Bring it on.

*sigh

NHL now eh?

Of course. The draft is the Lions super bowl. It's honestly a little weird not picking in the top 10.

HAHA I laughed ::D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468011/article/browns-josh-gordon-suspended-at-least-1-year-by-nfl

So Josh Gordon is suspended at least 1 year from the NFL. I read his open letter and there’s no way he only had a few drinks on the plane with that being the result. What a dummy. He could easily be a top 5 receiver. Stupid stupid stupid.

Edited by The Magician

I've bought a couple t shirts and a long sleeve shirt, 1 pull over hoodie, a lanyard, a toque, and a 15x17 plaque that has 6 pictures from the Super Bowl game, a replica ticket, name and picture of the stadium, and the scores from all 3 games this post season.

Luckily the Pats pro shop and NFL shop didn't jack up their prices to take advantage of fans on endorphin highs. Sounds like a lot of stuff but ended up being relatively cheap [About the price of 1 jersey which are about $120 on nfl shop right now].

Just 1 purchase left to complete my list, and that's a couple patches to stitch onto 2 jerseys, since my Brady already has the 04 patch, need to patch my Edelman and Gronk.

No I haven't bought a thing yet cuz I'm broke and I'm pissed that I am. I'm waiting until the merch shops in Vancouver sell them.

I try to whenever I can but I pretty much zone it out and focus on hockey after that. Exception of last off-season though.

Ordered 3 shirts right after the speeches and Lombardi presentation was done. Was lucky to grab 3 (2 short sleeved and a long sleeve) in my size as nearly everything from the Patriots pro shop was already sold out. NFL.com pro shop may have some left. 1 of them is sick, says Super Bowl XLIX Champions with New England Patriots under it, then the logo, and then "We are all Patriots" under that.

This one right?

http://www.nflshop.com/New_England_Patriots_Gear/Mens_New_England_Patriots_Gray_Super_Bowl_XLIX_Champions_Trophy_Collection_Locker_Room_T-Shirt

I'm gonna wait till they release snapbacks for the championship hats. Ballcap hats aren't my style

Because you mentioned coming back in here to read these posts when someone whines about the Pats being hated. Baldwin whines about the Seahawks being hated all the time, it's no surprise why when you see things like his TD celebration. I assumed you were a Hawks fan, if you're not, I can see why the comment doesn't pertain to you.

I celebrated their loss with my first post which was hours after the game ended because I spent hours prior after the game celebrating the Pats win. Don't worry though, I won't celebrate this win into next year's playoffs like Hawks fans did this year.

I'm a Bills fan. I thought that was pretty clear, since there are only two us in this thread and one is actually from Buffalo...

I will admit that the natural AFC East rivalry with the Pats had me pulling for the 'Hawks, but the Patriots win certainly wasn't the end of the world for me.

My point all along has been that no matter what the Seahawks fans did, or would have done had they won that game, the bigger man would have resisted the urge to rub it in afterwards. It really makes no difference what Baldwin said about "respect", or whatever...

Before the game, this thread was littered with Patriots fans lamenting the fact that their team is labeled "cheaters" and wondering why everyone dislikes the Patriots and their fans. And then you guys start trolling as soon as the game ends.

That's "why".

I'll put it another way: Remember the 2012 playoffs, when the Kings beat the Canucks? Remember the Kings' Twitter guy saying "To the rest of Canada, you're welcome"? What did you think of that? Did you think that we as Canuck fans "had it coming"?

You, Magician, Apple Juice, etc., are all doing pretty much exactly the same thing.

• Upvote 2

Colts with the early good moves in free agency. Picked up 6'4 WR Duron Carter son of Chris Carter. He's at least a number 2. Also signed number cfl #1 overall pick in 2012 I believe, guard Ben Heenan. Not bad Colts!

Edited by Jiggs50

I'm a Bills fan. I thought that was pretty clear, since there are only two us in this thread and one is actually from Buffalo...

I will admit that the natural AFC East rivalry with the Pats had me pulling for the 'Hawks, but the Patriots win certainly wasn't the end of the world for me.

My point all along has been that no matter what the Seahawks fans did, or would have done had they won that game, the bigger man would have resisted the urge to rub it in afterwards. It really makes no difference what Baldwin said about "respect", or whatever...

Before the game, this thread was littered with Patriots fans lamenting the fact that their team is labeled "cheaters" and wondering why everyone dislikes the Patriots and their fans. And then you guys start trolling as soon as the game ends.

That's "why".

I'll put it another way: Remember the 2012 playoffs, when the Kings beat the Canucks? Remember the Kings' Twitter guy saying "To the rest of Canada, you're welcome"? What did you think of that? Did you think that we as Canuck fans "had it coming"?

You, Magician, Apple Juice, etc., are all doing pretty much exactly the same thing.

All season I've heard Hawks fans run their mouth. And then starting in week 17 they start guaranteeing super bowl wins and how no team could stop them. And then the 2 weeks before super bowl Sunday all I heard was how the Seahawks defense was going to shut down Brady.

So I don't really care if I'm shoving it right back in their faces. I was in this thread, well, the old NFL thread that we got to like 800 pages, after the 18-1 game and I took sh*t from everyone and their dogs and didn't say anything because I knew I was dishing it out after we were 16-0.

Notice no Hawks fans are complaining about me rubbing it in? Only you are. Because they know they talked big before the game and now they can't say anything. Like I said, if you're gonna dish it, you gotta take it.

• Upvote 1

Watching Pats SB parade...Boston, city of champions B)

Love all the different chants I've been hearing. And then the "Sherman wears yoga pants" sign LOL. This is awesome.

I obviously don't like the Bruins, and I don't watch or pay attention to baseball, so the Pats are the only team I care for, thus, "Foxborough the town of champions" ;)

Ordered a SB hoodie, that's it. Have a Gronk (white), Moss (blue), Brady (red alternate) jerseys already. Want to get a Brady and Jules SB jersey but it'll be pretty costly. I'll get one for sure but don't know about the other, maybe wait until next season probably.

And on Friday I ordered a hoodie that has the old Pats logo in the centre and around it says "they hate us cause they ain't us" :lol:

It's sports. Trash talk between the fans are part of it. The tone you put into it is the tone you get back from it.

During the last Olympics, I good naturedly trash talked with Team Canada fans here for both the mens and womens teams, even during the games themselves. After both USA teams lost, I was good naturedly ribbed by the board. It made the games even more enjoyable to me.

Basically like many things in life, you get back what you put in. Some people may call it classless while others call it justifiable payback. I really have no solid opinion on the issue because I've always kept negative trash talk to a minimum knowing that there's always a chance that it can turn right around and bite me on the butt.

• Upvote 1

And yea, I don't get why people are so sensitive lol. I mean I haven't really rubbed it in or anything but stop being so soft.

Hawks "fans" were talking smack leading up to the game and we didn't care. Pats won, and some guys poke around and people start complaining and crying. Relax. We're not shooting bullets at you. Our team won, we can have as much fun as we want. Yea it's one thing to be annoying but having a bit of fun is not a problem. Annoying is what Hawks "fans" did prior to the game, what we're doing is just enjoying the moment. Hilarious people can dish out their mouth and when they get a taste of their own medicine they can't handle it :P

• Upvote 1

It's sports. Trash talk between the fans are part of it. The tone you put into it is the tone you get back from it.

During the last Olympics, I good naturedly trash talked with Team Canada fans here for both the mens and womens teams, even during the games themselves. After both USA teams lost, I was good naturedly ribbed by the board. It made the games even more enjoyable to me.

Basically like many things in life, you get back what you put in. Some people may call it classless while others call it justifiable payback. I really have no solid opinion on the issue because I've always kept negative trash talk to a minimum knowing that there's always a chance that it can turn right around and bite me on the butt.

Maybe your fellow Bills fan is just upset that Rex now has another ring to kiss. ;)