The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Really liking the Patriots draft board. With the exception of Jordan Richards who was a reach and could've been taken way later, albeit still a good talent, Patriots got great talent in the 4th round.

DE Trey Flowers who is known for his power and collapsing one end of the pocket - also a team captain and was listed as one of Gruden's favorite players in this draft

G Tre Jackson who was seen as a 2nd round talent but fell due to knee problems. If he can stay healthy, he should be a starter and an anchor on the O-line in a couple years if not this year. Still would've loved Clemmings

C Shaq Mason who both Gregg Rosenthal and Mike Mayock are in love with. He won't be a starter, that's Stork's job, but could be transitioned into a guard.

Still 4 more picks to go, but with Brown, Grissom, and Flowers to compliment Jones, Ninkovich and Easley, our pass rush and defensive line depth has been addressed, and with Jackson and Mason and probably one more OL will be taken, the lack of depth that was such a let down in the first 5 weeks last season has been addressed.

Just wish the 2nd round pick was taken on someone other than Richards

I don't understand why Ifo Ekpre-Olomu hasn't been drafted yet. He was projected as one of the top corners in this draft before his acl injury. Still available after the 5th round...

Brown got him in the 7th. Steal if his knee still works

Edited by Jiggs50

Question:

When guys choose not to attend the draft but watch from home, and then they get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round and they put on that team's t-shirt, do you think the family just bought all 32 team's shirts before the draft? Lol.

I remember they showed a guy (might've been Mannion) that got drafted by the Rams yesterday in the 3rd round and they showed him at his house and he put on a Rams t-shirt.

Question:

When guys choose not to attend the draft but watch from home, and then they get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round and they put on that team's t-shirt, do you think the family just bought all 32 team's shirts before the draft? Lol.

I remember they showed a guy (might've been Mannion) that got drafted by the Rams yesterday in the 3rd round and they showed him at his house and he put on a Rams t-shirt.

Never thought of that before. They probably get calls from teams looking at them and they buy those shirts.

Very happy and ecstatic to my classmate Christian Covington on being drafted to the Houston Texans! Will now be my second favourite team behind the Pats.. Huge congrats to him and hope he makes the team. It'll just make the Texans D-line that much scarier.

Loving the fact that he can learn from Big Vince and JJ Watt.

Edited by Apple Juice

Question:

The NFL sends their camera crew there so maybe they send all 32 t-shirts with them or something

Edited by The Magician

Very happy and ecstatic to my classmate Christian Covington on being drafted to the Houston Texans! Will now be my second favourite team behind the Pats.. Huge congrats to him and hope he makes the team. It'll just make the Texans D-line that much scarier.

Loving the fact that he can learn from Big Vince and JJ Watt.

I know Christian as well, went to the same high/elementary school as him. Exciting news! Real nice guy as well

I thought the Eagles had a solid draft loved them loading up in the secondary with corners.

Still need to find who fits the safety spot. I would convert Nolan Carroll he has the best size and enough speed to cover and can tackle decently.

I would start Rowe at corner day 1 alongside Maxwell.

Lael Collins is denied entry in to draft for next year. With sign with a team tomorrow if name is cleared. Could be a huge steal for a team with online needs like Seattle. Dude was a 1st round talent only dropped because of police investigation.

If he is cleared all 32 teams will be all in to get him. Not like he is only one position. He can play both guard spots and right tackle and a pretty high level. Who I wanted the Lions to take at 23 until a day or two before the draft when the whole thing broke

I know Christian as well, went to the same high/elementary school as him. Exciting news! Real nice guy as well

Same grad class? Cuz I was his classmate a few times in high school.

First thing I can remember about Christian is that while he is intense in football, he is the most humble guy off the field

Zac Stacy requests a trade moments after the Rams draft Gurley in round 1 because the poor guy didn't want any competition to be the #1 guy.

Gets traded to the Jets where there is even more competition just to be the #3 guy, let alone the #2 or the #1 :lol:

Zac Stacy requests a trade moments after the Rams draft Gurley in round 1 because the poor guy didn't want any competition to be the #1 guy.

Gets traded to the Jets where there is even more competition just to be the #3 guy, let alone the #2 or the #1 :lol:

Traded for a round 7 pick. That's pretty much a kick in the butt on the way out.

He's not a very good back. He should have known better than to demand anything. He should be thankful that he's still in the NFL.

So it looks like ESPN is already under maintenance to get the site ready for next season. I am guessing you guys got my email about the new keeper rules. Once the site is back up and running don't forget to set your keepers. Date was sometime in June. Hopefully after that I can set the draft order properly and all that stuff.

A quote by LeSean McCoy on Chip Kelly. The butthurt is still strong xD

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12827934/buffalo-bills-running-back-lesean-mccoy-discusses-race-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that. [Editor's note: The Eagles declined to comment on McCoy's statements.]
Edited by Baka

I was just coming in here to post that story, but you beat me to it!

It's probably 90% him still not being over it, but where there's smoke (he's not the only one who's brought up a race topic with Chip) there's a good chance of fire.