The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Had Kraft gone ahead with the appeal and further into court, the NFL's image would have been even further tarnished globally and at the end of it all there probably would have been some major changes made. Had this gone to court, it probably would've spelled the end of Goodell.

Like Kraft said, his own team's agenda shouldn't put the entire league and the other 31 owners in jeopardy.

He's also re-established rapport with some of the other owners, and in the eyes of a lot of media. Both parties have commended Kraft.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 19m19 minutes ago

Kraft did the right thing, and he deserves credit for it. (Eagles and Browns President)

Karen Guregian @kguregian 1h1 hour ago

Texans owner Bob McNair says Kraft dropping the fight was the "smart thing to do"

You guys take this sh*t to heart lol. Kraft didn't fight this for a number of reasons, and one of them imo is that he knows the Pats/Brady did it.

He cut a deal and now the league and the Pats save face. Would of harmed both.

• Upvote 1

You guys take this sh*t to heart lol. Kraft didn't fight this for a number of reasons, and one of them imo is that he knows the Pats/Brady did it.

He cut a deal and now the league and the Pats save face. Would of harmed both.

You're high. The NFL world is praising the man Kraft is for putting the shield at utmost importance and dropping out knowing what he could've done in court.

You're high. The NFL world is praising the man Kraft is for putting the shield at utmost importance and dropping out knowing what he could've done in court.

LMFAO please. Kraft is a smart business man. A million dollar fine is nothing compared to the amount he would of had to spend fighting it.

If you really think this was about the league, you are delusional.

• Upvote 1

Kraft is going to fall on his sword to try and lesson the suspension on Brady.

The scary part is knowing Belichick, he'll find some insane player in the 5th round, that will turn into a star.

Despite some shady goings on. He can find talent anywhere in the draft.

Kudos to Kraft for accepting the punishment.

Not a surprise that Pats fans think that Kraft is being so kind and considerate of Goodell and looking out for the interest of the NFL. Whereas Patriot haters will think he is admitting guilt. Truth is that it is probably somewhere in between.

Last week, it looked like Kraft was about to go to war with Goodell and get him fired. Today, he has a 'tremendous respect' for the commissioner.

Now Brady ... do the same. Take your rightful punishment and enjoy 4 extra weeks with the family jumping off cliffs or something.

Rams back in LA would be just fine for me. Oakland and San Deigo can stay where they are.

I don't mind an LA team but due to the amount of teams around the same proximity in the Cali area, I wouldn't want STL moving. It's pretty ridiculous how many teams share that same region.

@DeanBlandino:

The extra point rule for 2015 just changed. Snap for kick from the 15-yard line, 2-pt try stays at 2-yard line and defense can return.

Just to clarify, a defense return would be worth 2 points, not 6 so it's not like an infinite loop of back and forth scores :P

If any of the Patriots fan girls here want to see a good behind the scenes look at Bill Belichick check out, -A Football Life: Cleveland '95-. It's supposed to be about the days leading up to, and just after, Art Modell moving the Browns to Baltimore, but it's actually 75% about Belichick.

It's actually pretty interesting stuff. Probably even more so for a Pats fan. I was disappointed there wasn't more behind the scenes things about "The Move".

If anybody wants a link to it, just PM me. I'd post the link but the NFL still enforces the copyright on that show. Make sure that you have ad-block software installed on your browser if you do visit the site.

It's all hail Brady or don't talk on these boards. So how dare you!

I've been lightly trolling the whole Deflate-Gate thing off and on since it started. It's just silly how big that it has gotten. My philosophy when it comes to sports is, "it ain't cheating unless you get caught". Unfortunately for New England, Brady got caught.

I cheated like a son of a gun on the field when I played organized football.

Kudos to Kraft for accepting the punishment.

Not a surprise that Pats fans think that Kraft is being so kind and considerate of Goodell and looking out for the interest of the NFL. Whereas Patriot haters will think he is admitting guilt. Truth is that it is probably somewhere in between.

Last week, it looked like Kraft was about to go to war with Goodell and get him fired. Today, he has a 'tremendous respect' for the commissioner.

Now Brady ... do the same. Take your rightful punishment and enjoy 4 extra weeks with the family jumping off cliffs or something.

I'm a Pats fan, I have no problem with Goodell looking after this. I just want the truth. Still, suspending someone 4 games because he was "aware of a scheme" would be like suspending another player because he was aware of another taking performance enhancing substances.
Edited by Heretic

Still, suspending someone 4 games because he was "aware of a scheme" would be like suspending another player because he was aware of another taking performance enhancing substances.

The deflated footballs are for Brady's benefit. There's no comparison between that and knowing someone else is taking PEDs.

The deflated footballs are for Brady's benefit. There's no comparison between that and knowing someone else is taking PEDs.

Sez u. Benefits receivers, running backs and defenders more than a QB - scientific fact.