The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

The owners are getting a taste of their own medicine. The NFLPA is finally strong arming them.

The owners are getting a taste of their own medicine. The NFLPA is finally strong arming them.

Yep, like this in sports and you're starting to see more and more of it. Owners and the league will always be the ones receiving the profits and players get nothing in comparison when it's all said and done. We all hear the "it's a business" side but it's used to justify one side for the most part. It's a 2way road though.

Respect players that do the best for them too. Afterall, sports is just a game. After sports, they have to transition to their life and that's when they realize. Why when Revis left I was initially upset but looking at it now, respect his decision. He did what was best for him and his family financially and you can't hate a guy for doing that. Afterall, "it's a business" and this time the owner and team (Kraft and Pats) got played and its nice to see for a change not being the other way around.

Hope Dez and all these guys stick to it until their demands are met otherwise screw them, their teams and owners will be the ones losing tons of profit. It's time players begin to do what's right for them in sports in general. ROR getting that deal in Buffalo, not a great contract but I applaud ROR for getting it done for his sake...As time progresses, you begin to gain respect for things you might not have before and it's beginning to take effect on me lol.

Damn. Dan Connolly retires. Gonna miss the big fella and his loss will be felt. One of my most memorable plays of his was that 71 yard kick return against the Packers. Never seen something like it before lol.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

There goes another piece of my childhood. The Bill's former long time announcer Van Miller died last night. Some here may remember some of his calls from watching shows like HBO's Inside The NFL. Back in the 90's they often dubbed his voice over the television coverage during the Bill's Super Bowl years.

I am telling you, when Rick Jeanneret (Sabres play-by-play announcer) dies, I am going to be a blubbering mess.

Here's a Buffalo News article link with some YouTube videos: http://buffalo.com/2015/07/18/featured/remembering-van-miller-famous-bills-calls-fond-memories/

Damn. Dan Connolly retires. Gonna miss the big fella and his loss will be felt. One of my most memorable plays of his was that 71 yard kick return against the Packers. Never seen something like it before lol.

LOL

That's an awesome return.

There goes another piece of my childhood. The Bill's former long time announcer Van Miller died last night. Some here may remember some of his calls from watching shows like HBO's Inside The NFL. Back in the 90's they often dubbed his voice over the television coverage during the Bill's Super Bowl years.

I am telling you, when Rick Jeanneret (Sabres play-by-play announcer) dies, I am going to be a blubbering mess.

Here's a Buffalo News article link with some YouTube videos: http://buffalo.com/2015/07/18/featured/remembering-van-miller-famous-bills-calls-fond-memories/

It'll be a very sad day when Jeanneret is gone. One of the best play by play guys ever.

Vancouver survived when Jim Robson retired.

But I gotta admit. I'd love to hear "A special hello to hospital patients, and shut ins, the pensioners, the blind, people who can't make it out to games, but enjoy our hockey broadcasts...." once again.

Maybe Jim should record it, and have it on every Canucks broadcast to start the third period.