The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

&^@# Chancellor, hope the Seahawks let him sit.

Play out your contract, two more seasons, then request more. Bitching and whining about a raise in the middle of a contract you signed makes you look like a self-absorbed clown.

If the Seahawks give him a raise like this, they deserve what's gonna happen from the rest of their roster.

frack Chancellor, hope the Seahawks let him sit.

Play out your contract, two more seasons, then request more. Bitching and whining about a raise in the middle of a contract you signed makes you look like a self-absorbed clown.

If the Seahawks give him a raise like this, they deserve what's gonna happen from the rest of their roster.

Exactly. Honor your contract. I don't get it with guys like Chancellor and Bennett who cry and whine a year after they signed new deals.

Bennett will says me next if this happen along with others.

I see the haters just don't let it go - where are the beloved Seahawk fans?

Even Richard Sherman backs the Patriots:

RENTON, Wash. -- Seven months after his team lost in the Super Bowl, Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has gone to bat for the opponent.

Sherman, reiterating thoughts that Tom Brady's four-game suspension was too severe, said Wednesday that he's happy the punishment was overturned while downplaying cheating allegations against the Patriots.

"Everybody does their things a little differently, but at the end of the day, it's handled between the lines," Sherman said. "And if they man up and they beat you straight up, they beat you straight up. You can say they knew your plays or they watched this or they watched that, but a lot of times if you watch film good enough, you find good indicators. You find things. So if you're studying the game the right way, you go out there understanding what plays are coming, and you know when the plays are coming. But can you execute? Can 11 guys stop the other 11 from executing their play?

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman on Wednesday took issue with the process that led to Tom Brady no longer facing suspension but said he was happy with the end result. Andy Lyons/Getty Images

"And at the end of the day, that's what it's about. You can say you stole scripts or whatever it is, but they still have to win the game. They still have to intercept the ball. They still have to execute. Eleven guys have to execute at the same time. And that's what they did, so give them credit. If there's hanky-panky going on, they've gotten away with it.

"Like they say, if you didn't get caught, then it wasn't cheating."

Sherman took issue with the process that led to the lifting of Brady suspension, but the cornerback said he is happy with the end result.

"It's just guys getting justice, guys not being persecuted for things they didn't do, getting a fair trial of sorts. A lot of times in this league, it's guilty until proven innocent."

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman

ESPN gives tighter edit to column criticizing ESPNs Patriots opus

Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2015, 11:29 PM EDT

AP

Theres nothing like the smell of ESPN-on-ESPN crime to help wind down a hectic day.

After ESPN published (and trumpeted) on Tuesday a 10,000-word article that fully explored the rabbit hole of Spygate, Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a reaction piece with seven takeaways from the story.

At some point, two of the seven takeaways were taken away by ESPN.

In response to the ESPN report that Patriots employees entered the visiting teams locker room and stole materials like play sheets, Reiss provided a blast of common sense that was missing from the story: Securitys extremely tight throughout Gillette Stadium. Dont think too many people, if any, are casually walking into the visitors locker room. And lets just say they are, who leaves play sheets around?

Included in the original version of the article, its now gone.

Also removed from the original version was this final observation from Reiss: When youre at the top, everyone likes to bring you down. A longtime sportscaster with a deep history in Boston relayed this thought to me that resonated: They used to say same the stuff about Red Auerbach.'

Heres what ESPN had to say about the changes: [T]he story was given a tighter edit after its initial posting.

Surviving the tighter edit was criticism of the corresponding SI.com report regarding the notion that Patriots coach Bill Belichick magically knew that injured players from visiting teams hadnt traveled to Boston. As noted here last night, Belichick knew that because the visiting teams have an obligation to share that information as soon as the player doesnt get on the plane.

So arguable criticism of the Sports Illustrated article survived, and arguable criticism of the ESPN article didnt.

Goes without saying that only idiots with a sub 50 IQ actually bought the BS espn tried to sell, like secret spies running spec-ops to break into locker rooms, but it's just sad for a "respected" media outlet try this hard to deliberately attack a team and to keep failing.

First it was them grossly over exaggerating just how deflated the balls were, and now this. Wonder what "report" will be next.

"Bombshell report: Belichick hired secret agents to figure out the true potential of Brady before the draft and got these agents to scare all other teams into not drafting Brady so that he could be taken in the 6th round."

Some would say its the only stat that really matters.

Some might, but I for one would disagree.

I suppose it depends on whether you believe that guys like Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly and Barry Sanders deserve to be in the Hall of Fame...

Hope my betting luck from last season doesn't follow me to this season.. that was spooky how consistent it was :lol:

What's that? You're betting Luck?

Good call. I think he'll have a solid season. B)

I for one am glad the whole Pats media circus is done. Now let's play ball. I'm a Chargers fan, been one for decades now...but in my football pool I don't have any Bolts players. I've got my Pats and Seagulls to carry me (Brady, Gronk, Seahawks D, LB and kicker). Added to that I've got Megatron, Jamaal Charles, Beckham Jr and I think I'm looking pretty strong this year.

Oh... and GO CHARGERS GO!!!

• Upvote 1

Some might, but I for one would disagree.

I suppose it depends on whether you believe that guys like Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly and Barry Sanders deserve to be in the Hall of Fame...

What's that? You're betting Luck?

Good call. I think he'll have a solid season. B)

Haha, Luck is always a solid bet .. in the regular season B)

I for one am glad the whole Pats media circus is done. Now let's play ball. I'm a Chargers fan, been one for decades now...but in my football pool I don't have any Bolts players. I've got my Pats and Seagulls to carry me (Brady, Gronk, Seahawks D, LB and kicker). Added to that I've got Megatron, Jamaal Charles, Beckham Jr and I think I'm looking pretty strong this year.

Oh... and GO CHARGERS GO!!!

I've actually heard quite a few NFL analysts on radio pick the Chargers to surprise and make it to the Super Bowl. They all referenced Rivers' health, how the Chargers defense is way better than people know it is because a lot of the names on that defense aren't "sexy" names but they're pro bowl caliber players, and how Rivers has a legitimate running back again.

TRR, finally watched America's Game 2014 Patriots.

Favourite part: Harbaugh asked if he had seen the eligible/ineligible formation before. "No, no one's ever seen that". America's game narrator (Chris Evans?): that play had been run by Alabama a week before.

Lol. ESPN officially launched investigation into Patriots getting ideas from college football.