The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

^I'd go Wallace. All are decent options and not the best so shouldn't rely on them to do much.

Torn down San Fran team, Wallace might be able to break loose and get a TDs and a few mid range passes thrown his way.

Stay away from Wallace. Philly vs Atlanta will be a shootout so I'd expect Aglohor to get some balls thrown to him.

Wallace had a fairly poor pre-season, so I think I want to feel him out and see if he can develop some chemistty with Bridgewater, but I love his big play potential.

I really like Aglohor and Yeldon, and both look like viable options from their camp reports, but both are unproven as well. I feel like Yeldon is the safest option, while Wallace and Aglohor are more "boom or bust". Most of my other matchups are solid, and my opponent is weak, so I feel like the safe option would probably be my best bet.

Spygate - another witch hunt - what a pile of crap - there was no real "spygate" - you were allowed to film opponents - but you had to do it from a designated NFL approved location. Cameraman messed up that's all. It's not like they gained anything from being in a different location. But the haters and media sure like to blow it out of proportion.

You sound more delusional than Bruins' fans who think their team isn't dirty or doesn't dive.

Read what's posted below. Still think they did nothing wrong?

"It got out of control," a former Patriots assistant coach says. An advance scout would attend the games of upcoming Patriots opponents and assemble a spreadsheet of all the signals and corresponding plays.

During pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense. The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe.
Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports.
The Patriots' videographers were told to look like media members, to tape over their team logos or turn their sweatshirt inside out. The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing.

Edited by M A K A V E L I 96
  • Upvote 1

Get some material that hasn't been retracted for being BS, Mak. You're losing your trolling ability.

ESPN gives “tighter edit” to column criticizing ESPN’s Patriots opus
Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2015, 11:29 PM EDT

There’s nothing like the smell of ESPN-on-ESPN crime to help wind down a hectic day.

After ESPN published (and trumpeted) on Tuesday a 10,000-word article that fully explored the rabbit hole of Spygate, Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a reaction piece with seven takeaways from the story.

At some point, two of the seven takeaways were taken away by ESPN.

In response to the ESPN report that Patriots employees entered the visiting team’s locker room and stole materials like play sheets, Reiss provided a blast of common sense that was missing from the story: “Security’s extremely tight throughout Gillette Stadium. Don’t think too many people, if any, are casually walking into the visitors’ locker room. And let’s just say they are, who leaves play sheets around?”

Included in the original version of the article, it’s now gone.

Also removed from the original version was this final observation from Reiss: “When you’re at the top, everyone likes to bring you down. A longtime sportscaster with a deep history in Boston relayed this thought to me that resonated: ‘They used to say same the stuff about Red Auerbach.'”

Here’s what ESPN had to say about the changes: “[T]he story was given a tighter edit after its initial posting.”

• Upvote 3

Haha not sure how I missed that. Wrong divisional opponent.

In that case look for Quin and Donald to wreak havoc. One of the better d lines verses one of the worst o lines.

Yeah I've heard a lot that the Rams should win the battle in the trenches, but the Rams are starting their 3rd string running back. Seattle should be able to easily stack the box and give Foles nightmares all game long.

You sound more delusional than Bruins' fans who think they team isn't dirty or doesn't dive.

Read what's posted below. Still think they did nothing wrong?

Did I say they didn't do anything wrong? You are so consumed by your hate that anything less than you being write is a joke.

Start Bradford or Newton? Phi/Atl looks to be a shootout, but Bradford's health always has me concerned lol. Newton facing Jacksonville on the other hand.

Bradford hands down. Newton has nobody to throw to besides Olsen, so the Jags will double team him.

Sure Bradfords injury history might be an issue, but you take that risk.

• Upvote 1

Randle. Watkins has a bit of a injury expected to play and new QB throwing to him. Though shouldnt expect big numbers from both of them this week.

Well I have been listening to a lot of Fantasy Football podcasts lately and most of them hate Watkins this week. So go with Randle.

A tougher decision for me.

For my TE Charles Clay or Greg Olsen ?

Start Bradford or Newton? Phi/Atl looks to be a shootout, but Bradford's health always has me concerned lol. Newton facing Jacksonville on the other hand.

Bradford without a doubt. Newton has no targets and he always starts slow out the gate. At around week 5 or 6 Newton will turn it up a notch.

Edited by AriGold

Well so much for using that other thread for fantasy advice.

I think I still go with Olsen. Even though the Jags will probably double team him a lot, he is going to be targeted a lot. Also I am using him in draft kings so I hope he goes off, Gronk style.

I was leaning Clay.. With Watkins, Harvin and Woods on the outside that should leave Clay open most of the game. He's 6'3 255 and is not easy to bring down. Clay will be used for 3-5 yard passes and end zone passes as well.

I think I will enter Clay unless something changes my mind tomorrow.

goat but ok.

And you know that espn "report" about spygate was a bunch of bull? All from "anonymous sources". Guess what? I'm an anonymous source and can say whatever I want, doesn't mean it's true.

The ESPN report I included was based on information given to investigators by Matt Walsh who did the recording and worked in New Englands video dept and also Ernie Adams whos title in the Patriots organization was Football Research Director but whos job was to read opposing coaches signal calling. Patriots former back up QB John Friesz told investigators he was told to view a tape of the Tampa Bay Bucs signal calling and memorize it and then during the game he watched their play calling and relayed it on the fly. He later stated that the Pats knew 75% of the calls before the plays on the field.

Read the thing yourself.

• Upvote 2