The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

aaaaand, another completion for (Off)DeMarco....to a Rider.

I can't stand Chapdelaine...he's stale and very uncreative. Predictable as daybreak.

Chapdelaine is godawful. Has been for a while. He has stunted the hell out of the running game. Just poor as hell play calling all around.

This one was not on the coaching staff though, as I'm sure anyone could surmise, lol. Pathetic effort by most of the team. A lot, if not most, of the blame goes to DeMarco. He was pure garbage tonight, eclipsing the ineptness of his last 2 starts. I really hope this is the last of him we see this season.

I just hope Lulay is back before the playoffs, defense is again giving the offense opportunities to score points and they get nothing done. We have 2 quality RBs, use that to our advantage. Play a 2RB formation give them around the same equal handoffs so the defense has to be on their heels and have to watch both. Have 4 WRs (Arceneaux, Moore, Taylor, Gore). Logan and Harris are both RBs who can catch the ball so we would have 6 throwing threats.

Not trying to be the offensive coordinator but we need to use these sources to our advantage. Where would we be without our defense? God dam we are lucky.

I just hope Lulay is back before the playoffs, defense is again giving the offense opportunities to score points and they get nothing done. We have 2 quality RBs, use that to our advantage. Play a 2RB formation give them around the same equal handoffs so the defense has to be on their heels and have to watch both. Have 4 WRs (Arceneaux, Moore, Taylor, Gore). Logan and Harris are both RBs who can catch the ball so we would have 6 throwing threats.

Not trying to be the offensive coordinator but we need to use these sources to our advantage. Where would we be without our defense? God dam we are lucky.

I totally agree!!!

Chapdelaine doesn't have a clue how to incorporate the running game. The Lions had to sacrifice Tim Brown to get Logan on the roster because of the ratio but I don't think anyone cares. Yonus Davis was the b version of Logan and Brown is the C which tells you all you need to know.

If the Lions were smart they would get both guys Logan and Harris in the backfield at the same time more and use the big receivers to block and make that their primary offence to feature the RB's as the focal point of the offence.

Hit teams underneah with screens and quick passes to the backs out in the flats and then when they creep up take a couple of shots deep to Moore and Arceneaux.

Get Logan out in space out of the backfield where he can make guys miss with his quickness in a phone booth.

Logan looked rusty as for that slow comment grapefruits made I totally disagree. Logan showed he still has a burst when he hits the line and had always been more quick than fast.

He is a sure upgrade on Tim Brown who totally relied on his cutting ability and had no speed and burst whatsoever. Don't read into his age being 32.

He is fresh but rusty. Chad Owens and Andre Durie are still getting it done at 32 although they are not rbs. He can still provide a spark maybe not by getting 20 touches a game but more in the 15 range.

Logan's real weapon though is his elusiveness and quickness. Good luck trying to tackle him in the open field.

I don't care how the Lions manipulate the ratio, they need to get Logan and Harris on the field at the same time atleast once every couple of plays.

Also they need to split the carries more evenly. Something like 12 carries for Harris and 8 carries for Logan with him getting additional touches from the return game and a couple from passes.

They need to give the defence multiple looks. Line them up both in the backfield split out on wide as a receiver or in the slot.

The possibilities are there it's up to Benevides to dicatate to Chapedelaine to scale back with Demarco struggling those 2 need to be the backbone of the offence and help him get the ball out quickly with checkdowns and into their hands to make plays after the catch.

Lastly Demarco needs to run some freaking more!!! Use that running ability they keep talking about but you never see. They need to let him know if his first read isn't there check it down to a back or take off and get positive yards.

Keep the defence honest by threatening them to run. Helps out take some pressure off the o-line and rbs to carry the entire load when qb runs.

Sorry for the rant just so frustrating Chapedelaine same stupid plays every year no good play designs.

Edited by Chip Kelly

I totally agree!!!

Chapdelaine doesn't have a clue how to incorporate the running game. The Lions had to sacrifice Tim Brown to get Logan on the roster because of the ratio but I don't think anyone cares. Yonus Davis was the b version of Logan and Brown is the C which tells you all you need to know.

If the Lions were smart they would get both guys Logan and Harris in the backfield at the same time more and use the big receivers to block and make that their primary offence to feature the RB's as the focal point of the offence.

Hit teams underneah with screens and quick passes to the backs out in the flats and then when they creep up take a couple of shots deep to Moore and Arceneaux.

Get Logan out in space out of the backfield where he can make guys miss with his quickness in a phone booth.

Logan looked rusty as for that slow comment grapefruits made I totally disagree. Logan showed he still has a burst when he hits the line and had always been more quick than fast.

He is a sure upgrade on Tim Brown who totally relied on his cutting ability and had no speed and burst whatsoever. Don't read into his age being 32.

He is fresh but rusty. Chad Owens and Andre Durie are still getting it done at 32 although they are not rbs. He can still provide a spark maybe not by getting 20 touches a game but more in the 15 range.

Logan's real weapon though is his elusiveness and quickness. Good luck trying to tackle him in the open field.

I don't care how the Lions manipulate the ratio, they need to get Logan and Harris on the field at the same time atleast once every couple of plays.

Also they need to split the carries more evenly. Something like 12 carries for Harris and 8 carries for Logan with him getting additional touches from the return game and a couple from passes.

They need to give the defence multiple looks. Line them up both in the backfield split out on wide as a receiver or in the slot.

The possibilities are there it's up to Benevides to dicatate to Chapedelaine to scale back with Demarco struggling those 2 need to be the backbone of the offence and help him get the ball out quickly with checkdowns and into their hands to make plays after the catch.

Lastly Demarco needs to run some freaking more!!! Use that running ability they keep talking about but you never see. They need to let him know if his first read isn't there check it down to a back or take off and get positive yards.

Keep the defence honest by threatening them to run. Helps out take some pressure off the o-line and rbs to carry the entire load when qb runs.

Sorry for the rant just so frustrating Chapedelaine same stupid plays every year no good play designs.

Yeah, exactly I don't blame you. We have so many good offensive assets we should be doing better than this.

Another thing is motioning the RBs, it would seriously confuse the defense if we were motioning Harris and Logan out and in of the gun. Or even doing a sweep from a motion, example (Logan leaves the gun motions right, lines up, motions back in and getting a sweep moving toward the left. This would cause the opposing D line to see a different style of running and moving side to side takes a toll). If we ever need to get some dirty yards throw in Harris to run it.

I really want to see a 2RB formation, having Lumbala lined up as a TE, Logan and Harris motioned out of the gun. This makes it look like a run is going to happen but then once they see the RBs get out they gotta change the play call and we still have an extra blocker (Lumbala).

Yeah, exactly I don't blame you. We have so many good offensive assets we should be doing better than this.

Another thing is motioning the RBs, it would seriously confuse the defense if we were motioning Harris and Logan out and in of the gun. Or even doing a sweep from a motion, example (Logan leaves the gun motions right, lines up, motions back in and getting a sweep moving toward the left. This would cause the opposing D line to see a different style of running and moving side to side takes a toll). If we ever need to get some dirty yards throw in Harris to run it.

I really want to see a 2RB formation, having Lumbala lined up as a TE, Logan and Harris motioned out of the gun. This makes it look like a run is going to happen but then once they see the RBs get out they gotta change the play call and we still have an extra blocker (Lumbala).

Motioning is also a great way to help DeMarco read the coverage. When a back motions out and a linebacker or db goes to follow him he knows it is man coverage.

If he stays and ignores the motion you know you have zone. One play that work great in that formation is a fake pass one way and a throw back screen to the other back.

They need Demarco to run though to keep the defence off balance can't stress that enough. Once they get the run game going that opens up play action and deep shots.

It is clear though that they are more successful when the RB's are the focal point of the offence.

Regarding yesterday's game.. I usually watch the whole thing but I turned it off before half.. you just don't come back from that many turnovers. Unfortunately this game also highlights why we could have really used that home playoff game - though when a BC-based football team has trouble with the rain you have to shake your head.

The running game needs to be re-incorporated or Uncle Wally is going to no longer resist the urge to stay up in the press box. I'd also like to see the team stretch the field once in awhile on 1st and 10.

Finally, I won't lay this all on DeMarco, but.. I'd be surprised if we didn't see Buck next week.

Not watching this. How do Buck, Logan and Harris look?

Buck looked better when the game went on, played later on the game. Logan looks excellent, he is our #1 RB, I love him. Can be used everywhere. Harris looked good too, got a nice TD looks like good ol Harris.

We got 2 hot RBs going into the playoffs, we look good.

Buck looked better when the game went on, played later on the game. Logan looks excellent, he is our #1 RB, I love him. Can be used everywhere. Harris looked good too, got a nice TD looks like good ol Harris.

We got 2 hot RBs going into the playoffs, we look good.

Yeah man how about Stefan freaking Logan!!! Some guy said last week that he looked slow? Watch that performance lightning quick.

Good to see Harris get involved and too and have his first good rushing game in half a season. To put things in perspective though Edmonton's rush defence is the worst in the league.

I would have been uneasy if the Lions didn't run all over them tonight. Calgary will be a good test.

As for Pierce I am not sure how you can go with DeMarco over him unless he gets injured and with Lulay not looking close to being ready he is the best option.

He has experience, moxie, he adds energy and is never afraid to run and use his legs unlike DeMarco.

Pierce is not cautious like DeMarco, he is a total gunslinger through and through. Gotta love his all out style you just hope he doesn't get rocked and is smart enough to slide or run out of bounds sometimes.

Yeah man how about Stefan freaking Logan!!! Some guy said last week that he looked slow? Watch that performance lightning quick.

Good to see Harris get involved and too and have his first good rushing game in half a season. To put things in perspective though Edmonton's rush defence is the worst in the league.

I would have been uneasy if the Lions didn't run all over them tonight. Calgary will be a good test.

As for Pierce I am not sure how you can go with DeMarco over him unless he gets injured and with Lulay not looking close to being ready he is the best option.

He has experience, moxie, he adds energy and is never afraid to run and use his legs unlike DeMarco.

Pierce is not cautious like DeMarco, he is a total gunslinger through and through. Gotta love his all out style you just hope he doesn't get rocked and is smart enough to slide or run out of bounds sometimes.

Glen Suitor was talking to Benevides yesterday, he asked is there a way you can get both of them (Harris and Logan) both on at the same time? Benevides answered maybe but not tomorrow.

Hopefully he does, because those 2 guys are top 5 RBs in the league. I was thinking Harris would be the running RB and Logan the catching one, but Logan can run the ball really well. Loads of patience and finds those holes and when he does he will beat you easily in a footrace.

Edit: We have a decent chance of stealing home advantage from Saskatchewan.

Edited by Plum

Pierce sucks and always has. This man is the worst QB I've seen play more than 5 downs. He can't run, he can't throw, he gets injured every tap on the shoulder.

He simply sucks.

Say what? :picard:

Good game once Demarco got yanked. Definitely something to build off of going into the final week. Gotta say, though, each snap Buck takes makes me nervous...O line has got to step up their game and protect him.