The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I prefer NFL but CFL is real football too. The only rule that drives me crazy in the CFL is how they stop the clock after every play in the final 3 minutes. That alone change alot of decisions throughout the game, and also rids them of a true 2 minute drive, which is the most exciting part of football imo. Anyways go Lions, I'm sure I'll end up at a few games this year

LOL "time for real football." You must mean the NFL?

CFL ain't real football

Why to people always feel the need to slam on the CFL? Don't like it fine, but saying it isn't real football is ignorant.

Both leagues have positives and negatives. Personally, I'm not a fan of the NFL, but I don't go out of my way to constantly crap on it.

Looking forward to the season and the Grey Cup this year. Lions have a very good chance at winning it all.

Edited by Grapefruits
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Both games are really fun to watch. NFL has really improved in terms of entertainment the last few years because of the emphasis of passing and more scrambling QB's. So many games in the NFL are so high scoring. CFL is quirky and Canadian. I love everything about it. Sure the talent is not as good as the NFL, but I love being able to go to a Lions practice in Surrey and chat with the players. The small time feel of the CFL makes it really fun to enjoy and I don't have to break the bank to go to a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Done deal, it's official.

http://www.bclions.com/article/lions-welcome-back-khalif-mitchell

Just hope he can keep his nose to the grindstone and not get involved in the off the cuff controversial stuff that's a distraction and inapprorpriate. He's a beast, so would rather have him on our side than lining up against us.

Not sure how I feel about this move to bring him back. Hopefully Wally and Mike have him on a short leash and have told him that any of his prior antics will not be tolerated. He is a great player though. So I agree Deb, would rather see him on our side.

I don't like this, but Buono seems to know well how to deal with attitude problems, and bringing in questionable peole at times. I thought when they cut ties last season they had a reason if he was too much to handle for even the Lions, but i suppose they also have their reasons for bringing him back. Hoping for the best.

Interesting Khalif is back. I was wondering how Harris felt about it as he tweeted "good riddance" when he Khalif was released, but says he's fine with it. Wally is all about giving second chances. No question the guy is very talented and great addition, as long keeps his nose clean. http://www.theprovince.com/life/Lions+Harris+changed+tune+Mitchell/9789040/story.html

The CFL draft is a whole bunch of linemens getting drafted.

Lions also acquired Kevin Glenn for the 5th overall pick.

Edit: Sir got it before me.

Edited by Plum