The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Disappointing loss, but somewhat to be expected with the starting QB on the shelf. But hey, this is the CFL, where you aren't out of it until Labour Day at the earliest.

Remember how the last championship season started?

Kevin Glenn isn't some rookie. 14 years experience and played in Grey Cup. How do you lose to Edmonton at home.

I worry Lulay's injury could be career ending. Hope that's not the case and i'm wrong.

Was at the game, looked great for the first bit, then it all turned to crap. Too many turnovers for sure. Harris threw his TD ball right to us, that was cool....I took 2 friends to the game and we had a good time despite the loss. Get 'em next time.

Harris was in beast mode and I liked his energy. He'll be my go to guy in replacement of Geroy.

Gotta give Edmonton props - they looked strong in the second half. A couple trick plays that worked out nicely for them and then they had momentum/confidence and ran with it.

Disappointing loss, but somewhat to be expected with the starting QB on the shelf. But hey, this is the CFL, where you aren't out of it until Labour Day at the earliest.

Remember how the last championship season started?

I sure do, talk of it often. No one (except me - true story) thought we'd get a sniff of the cup, let alone win it. All losses to start the season. I got to go the WF and the Grey Cup that year (2011) - was awesome to take control and turn things around like that. That team was too good to keep down and that's what I told people when they were losing (they thought I was nuts).

Kevin Glenn isn't some rookie. 14 years experience and played in Grey Cup. How do you lose to Edmonton at home.

I worry Lulay's injury could be career ending. Hope that's not the case and i'm wrong.

Maybe not, but he sure looked like one. How many picks did he throw yesterday?

4 I think..but Im more worried about the O-line..Glenn will be fine if he can get some time back there.

The O-line is a concern, but I don't think Glenn can blame all of those on protection. It just looked like a lot of poor decisions to me.

Brutal second half. Lions started well and then just fell apart. Yeah, the O line didn't look good but Glenn had the protection when needed and was still forcing the ball.

Fitting tribute to Gino during the game, tried to start a Gino chant with the people around me, looks like a lot of people had the same idea. Didn't seem to take off though.

Seemed like the same old playing calling that didn't work last season was at work yesterday.

Oh well, time to forget about it and move on to the next one.

On a side note, I hate the schedule this year. Far too many back to backs at home and now there is 3 weeks to the next home game.

Our defence is so strong. If they don't have a good game we lose.

Wow Glenn is garbage. Look around the field don't stare at one receiver come on that's simple.

Edited by Plum

The D doesn't look like crap unless you expect them to score. But yeah our offence is garbage, O-line can only protect Glenn for 5 seconds. Too bad Khari Jones can't realize that we need extra blockers to make up for our O-line.

The D doesn't look like crap unless you expect them to score. But yeah our offence is garbage, O-line can only protect Glenn for 5 seconds. Too bad Khari Jones can't realize that we need extra blockers to make up for our O-line.

:lol: Your point is valid, but any pro quarterback would kill for 5 seconds of protection....