The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

• 3 weeks later...

Lions Bring Back Anthony Gaitor:

The BC Lions Football Club today announced that international defensive back Anthony Gaitor has re-signed with the team.

Gaitor (5’10”, 180) made starts for the Leos in the final 10 regular season games of the 2016 season recording 35 defensive stops. He notched his first CFL interception in Edmonton on September 23 and followed that up with a 37-yard pick-6 versus Ottawa on October 1. He tallied another five tackles in the postseason as well as an interception in the Western Final. Following the season he signed with the New Orleans Saints.

“Anthony adapted to our game very quickly last season and was a valuable addition to our defence,” said GM and head coach Wally Buono. “We’re pleased to have him back and I look forward to the competition this creates in our secondary.”

The newly-signed defensive back will be on the field this afternoon as 2017 Training Camp presented by Sun Peaks Resort enters its second day. Click here for training camp practice times.

http://www.bclions.com/2017/05/29/lions-bring-back-anthony-gaitor/

Good on the Lions but they should really do this all season long.

KIDS ARE JUST $5 ALL SUMMER!

Due to the tremendous feedback around the home opener kids ticket offer last season, and in a continued effort to deliver an exciting football experience that is affordable for families, the BC Lions are thrilled to be able to offer a $5 KIDS TICKET* for children 12 & under for all 5 summer home games in select seating categories.

* Children attending the game as part of the $5 ticket offer must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets cannot be used by persons over the age of 12 and will be verified upon entry.

18 hours ago, CanucksHomer said:

Is the game on TV tonight? On the Lion's website it says it's on TSN but I don't see it on my TV.

Me too.  So, we have what 6 TSN stations and 5 have tennis highlights and one has an old Ottawa Calgary game. . Gee thanks.

TSN = The Sports Notwork

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they are ready for the season to begin.

Wonder what Wally is going to say about, and to Jeff Roh. Gets a sack called back for a banned celebration, then gets a sack on the next play and gets the same penalty.

Slow learner.

On 6/6/2017 at 7:06 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.  So, we have what 6 TSN stations and 5 have tennis highlights and one has an old Ottawa Calgary game. . Gee thanks.

TSN = The Sports Notwork

I caught the last 5 minutes of the game last night, it was on the HD channels. Pity the CFL, or the local media, who knew pre season games existed...

• Upvote 1

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/17/veteran-special-teams-ace-jason-arakgi-calls-career/

SURREY — After almost a decade in BC Lions orange and black, linebacker Jason Arakgi has elected to retire.  He announced he is stepping away from football Friday night after he helped the Leos close out the pre-season with a convincing win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

A veteran presence in the Lions locker room since 2008, Arakgi will best be known for the imprint he left on the CFL record books as he retires as the League’s all-time leader in special teams tackles with 194.

“I can’t thank this organization enough,” Arakgi told a gathering of reporters after the preseason finale Friday. “And cant thank Wally (Buono) enough. He has become like a father to me over the years and it has been such a blessing to have been here for 10 years now.”

Arakgi leaves the game with 155 games played and a Grey Cup champtionship (2011) on his resume.

“I have met some of the best people I have ever met in my entire life in this locker room and I would never trade it for anything else ever.”

19247704_10154572707576892_4429608056993

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/17/veteran-special-teams-ace-jason-arakgi-calls-career/

SURREY — After almost a decade in BC Lions orange and black, linebacker Jason Arakgi has elected to retire.  He announced he is stepping away from football Friday night after he helped the Leos close out the pre-season with a convincing win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

A veteran presence in the Lions locker room since 2008, Arakgi will best be known for the imprint he left on the CFL record books as he retires as the League’s all-time leader in special teams tackles with 194.

“I can’t thank this organization enough,” Arakgi told a gathering of reporters after the preseason finale Friday. “And cant thank Wally (Buono) enough. He has become like a father to me over the years and it has been such a blessing to have been here for 10 years now.”

Arakgi leaves the game with 155 games played and a Grey Cup champtionship (2011) on his resume.

“I have met some of the best people I have ever met in my entire life in this locker room and I would never trade it for anything else ever.”

19247704_10154572707576892_4429608056993

Wow, he is such a great special teams player and such a leader on the team. He will be missed. 

Maybe he can provide a third generation of Arakgi's for the Lions.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

That's all the CFL is for me, a little taste of football until the real season starts! Anyone have a stream for the game? Please PM me thanks 

So diss the cfl a bit, then ask for a feed to watch the cfl? 

• Upvote 1