The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

25 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Original plans had Samoa Joe winning NXT Title at NXT Takeover but plans changed. Apparently, Joe is set to make his debut on the main roster soon, which might had something to do with the decision.

Makes sense. If he isn't in the title picture, there's no real point to keeping him there

Styles comments on TNA about their claims he agreed to deal and then backed out of it.

I had signed a letter of intent, Styles said. I agreed to this is what you said you were going to pay me, so you can send it to legal, there was no contract whatsoever involved. What we signed was nothing. It was not a contract in any shape or form.

I thought they did a great job of making themselves look like crap by putting out that statement, Styles said. Just let it go. Things didnt work out. From what Im hearing, man did I make a great decision coming here. Im not shameful of what Ive done in the past with another company, but Im disappointed.

Bret Hart on this year’s WrestleMania card: “I’m just being honest and I have to say that this year’s Wrestlemania card is the worst Wrestlemania card in history. I won’t be watching it, I couldn’t care less about it. The characters mean nothing, the titles mean nothing. I’m embarrassed by it.”

Damn.

1 minute ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Bret Hart on this year’s WrestleMania card: “I’m just being honest and I have to say that this year’s Wrestlemania card is the worst Wrestlemania card in history. I won’t be watching it, I couldn’t care less about it. The characters mean nothing, the titles mean nothing. I’m embarrassed by it.”

Damn.

Wrestlemania 2 comes to mind.

Steve Borden, better known to wrestling fans as Sting, formally announced his retirement during the WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony on Saturday evening in Dallas, Texas.

Before a sold out crowd in attendance for the induction ceremony for the 2016 class of the WWE Hall Of Fame, Sting proclaimed "This isn't goodbye, it's just see ya later," while wearing a dark pair of shades and sporting his trademark baseball bat. 

WWE posted the following footage of Sting's retirement on their official Twitter page seconds after he made the announcement on Saturday evening: 

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/716470450885255169/photo/1

7 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Damn.

I don't know that I agree. I've seen worse (just last year.) But it's certainly lacking. I mean Bret himself was in Wrestlemania IX, he should know how bad it can get, lol.

Largely what I think he's right in is the topic of how everything was built. Barely any feud has worthwhile heat, and some have none at all. None of said lacking ones have talent enough to simply overcome that (execpt maybe the IC ladder match. But even that will probably ring hollow.)

But like I mentioned earlier, last year's build and card looked atrocious, but it was a completely acceptable Wrestlemania entry. Changing the main event booking of those two helped save them, so maybe there's a game changing swerve here that could do the same for this. I doubt it, but it seems like they at least understand what it is that these fans want (whether they'll give it to them is what remains to be seen.)

It will truly require a large swerve or two for Bret to ultimately miss anything of real value/quality in his skipping of the show. But it should be mostly fun at the end of the day for most fans.

8 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

Opening match of WM will be Ryback vs Kalisto.

I assume this means it will start the pre-show off. Which means it won't be in the part of the pre-show that airs on Cable in the US to pitch the main show. Which is odd, because it leaves only the divas 10 person tag and the Dudley/Usos for them to use to sell it. And standing alone, they wouldn't sell $&!#, lol.