The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

More on what led to Cody asking for release. Thought Cody was the one who wanted to continue doing Stardust to honor Dusty.

You know WWE can be petty and makes me wonder if they will embarrass and bury both Cody and Eden (Cody's wife) on TV out of spite for Cody leaving and publicly explaining why he left. Not that Goldust is really doing anything right now with the whole "Golden Truth" team and storyline.

As noted over the weekend, Cody Rhodes asked for his release from WWE and was granted it. Rhodes then later released a statement after his release went public saying that he was unhappy with his position and wasn't a fan of his Stardust character. If you recall back in March, Rhodes Rhodes started teasing the end of the Stardust character on social media. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the original plan was for Rhodes to drop the Stardust gimmick around WrestleMania 32 or the night after and go back to simply being Cody Rhodes. Vince McMahon and Triple H and it was more Vince McMahon on this one, from what I was told they decided [that] were not going to do it, Meltzer said. Meltzer would go onto explain that Rhodes is still being held to his WWE contract and the split is not amicable. Meltzer said that WWE is kind of putting the screws to him, and that since Rhodes quit, they are trying to make it hard for him contractually to do anything for another wrestling company.

Edited by the last outlaw

That fatal four way was fantastic last night. Styles/Reigns was a good match despite the predicable finish. Styles really put on a show in his two matches with Reigns. Jericho and Ambrose just seem to be missing some chemistry or something. They can both put on a great match but for me, I just haven't been into their Payback/Extreme Rules matches.

Edited by Madness

The Boss has significant concussion which sounds like it will force her to miss SummerSlam. She got injured by a freaking referee.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE women's wrestler Sasha Banks is currently suffering from a "significant" concussion following an injury that she sustained at the May 15th WWE live event in Charlottesville, Virginia. The report further states that Sasha will have to undergo the company's Impact concussion testing before she is declared fit enough to return.

The report also cites sources that claim Sasha's injury will likely force WWE to change their plans for SummerSlam regarding Sasha, as she was reportedly scheduled to face Charlotte for the WWE Women's Championship at the event. Even though SummerSlam is not scheduled to take place until August, Sasha's concussion is said to be serious enough that she may not be cleared to return in time for the event.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Charlotte/Flair segment was nails on a chalk board back. Something about her voice. 

Also can see Dana Brooke turning on Charlotte eventually from a mile away. 

We didn't get answer on why Dana helped Charlotte and is siding with her.

Edited by the last outlaw

Meh KO beating AJ cleanly makes AJ look weak.

Was hoping Gallows and Anderson cause a distraction.

I have a bad feeling that they are going to bury AJ hard. That would be a big mistake.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Meh KO beating AJ cleanly makes AJ look weak.

Was hoping Gallows and Anderson cause a distraction.

I have a bad feeling that they are going to bury AJ hard. That would be a big mistake.

Ko beat john cena in his first match... how does that make him look weak. Ko is the obvious good mitb guy. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Ko beat john cena in his first match... how does that make him look weak. Ko is the obvious good mitb guy. 

AJ has been on a losing trend.

a consecutive loss, especially a clean loss to a heel makes him look weak.

In this instance they are pushing KO and dropping AJ. Both need pushes. I wouldn't have them in the same qualifying match personally.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

17 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Charlotte/Flair segment was nails on a chalk board back. Something about her voice. 

She TALKS like THIS and IT'S REALLY annoYING!

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

AJ has been on a losing trend.

a consecutive loss, especially a clean loss to a heel makes him look weak.

In this instance they are pushing KO and dropping AJ. Both need pushes. I wouldn't have them in the same qualifying match personally.

To be fair, they played it off as he was still feeling the effects from last night match. Plus, he took KO's finisher onto the steel step.

Fans put too much emphasis on winning and losing. Depending on how you look at it, losing matches doesn't necessarily mean you're being buried. That term is used very loosely amongst wrestling fans. If Styles was truly being buried, then he wouldn't be main eventing two straight PPVs and we wouldn't be seeing him on RAW and Smackdown every single week.

Vince isn't an idiot. He knows AJ has this connection with the fans, and he one of their top merchandise sellers in the company. I read somewhere Vince is very high on Styles' and considers him a main event talent.

People expect him to be pushed to the top, and win the title in his first shot, because of his resume outside of the WWE. They don't care what you've done outside of the WWE. You still have to prove to the higher ups, that you have "it" in the WWE. Fans seriously need to be patient with how they book Styles. He's only been with the company for 4 months. I'm certain that this isn't the last time we will see Styles in the world title picture.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

Styles has been around only like 5 months. He has already main evented consecutive PPVs. I usually complain about them burying people but I don't think they are screwing up with Styles. I read earlier on twitter that they have big plans for Styles.

4 minutes ago, HawksFan94 said:

Haven't followed WWE for years (stopped watching weekly around 2012 ish)... 

Would it be worth it to start watching again?

No, not at this moment, in my opinion. I'm only saying this because I've been watching near weekly since last July, but I'm getting so tired of it that I'm going to go back to just getting recaps from this thread and such. Nothing is changing, except for them just parroting the idea that they've changed louder and louder every progressive week.

Just now, HawksFan94 said:

Haven't followed WWE for years (stopped watching weekly around 2012 ish)... 

Would it be worth it to start watching again?

yes, indeed. wwe hasn't had a roster this deep in years-- you'd have to go back to maybe 1992. they also have a deep roster of women, something wwe didn't really have, and the talent thats in their farm team right now, the future is looking pretty bright