The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

46 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Saw that tna could be holding up the hardy's coming to wwe as they are saying they will sue for the use of broken matt hardy and brother nero yet thats all the hardy's want to do. 

&^@# you tna

If Reby didn't attack them I'm betting Anthem wouldn't have retaliated. 

As much as most wrestling fans would have rather seen AJ go for the title I'll say that I did like his beatdown of Shane this week.

It was alot better than it is most of the time when you have a situation like this in the WWE (super personal rivaly/backstage beatdown) simply because AJ was actually waiting for Shane to arrive so he could beat his ass.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

I was actually hoping when Shane came out end of SD and said Styles had opponent for WM that he would name someone else (not himself) to face Styles on his behalf. Like last year how Vince hand picked Undertaker to face Shane at WM.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

If Reby didn't attack them I'm betting Anthem wouldn't have retaliated. 

It has nothing to do with that at all. Hardys received Cease and Desist, later the same day Reby went on attack in response to it. 

PWInsider says the main reason for Anthem for pursuing this legally all stems from when Matt filed the trademark for "Broken" character/gimmick. Anthem's argument is that he wasn't the only person involved in creative process, even if majority were his ideas. Anthem believes Matt should not receive full revenue for the profit that comes with the character.

Anthem are just being total dicks Hardys left. Threatening to sue Senior Benjamin (Reby's father), who wasn't paid a single cent is totally pathetic.  "Broken" characters are the only thing that kept TNA/Impact relevant for all of 2016. New ownership is already proving not to be any better then Dixie with total non-sense. Way to piss off what fans you have left. 

If Hardys do end up back in WWE at some point, i'd love to see Reby go off like this on Vince, Steph, HHH. They might have second thoughts about bringing them back as Reby would be coming along too.

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Not JR. Wrestling Observer. As in Dave Meltzer. I read last night from the WO,

"A lot of times people talk about how there’s no long-term planning but the WrestleMania 34 main event for April 8, 2018, which obviously could change, is set for Lesnar vs. Reigns for the Universal title." 

**** stain, I tell you.

Meltzer also predicted Cena vs. Undertaker and The Rock vs. Triple H/Vin Diesel, for this year's Mania, but they never happened.

Like I said, things can change throughout the course of the year, and they don't usually plan for the next WM, until Summerslam.

53 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Meltzer also predicted Cena vs. Undertaker and The Rock vs. Triple H/Vin Diesel, for this year's Mania, but they never happened.

Like I said, things can change throughout the course of the year, and they don't usually plan for the next WM, until Summerslam.

I guess there isn't a point in having reporters who report things that are about to happen? Seemed like a topic to discuss in here since the TV hasn't been that Hot lately.

The WM34 match was reported, not predicted. Vin Diesel was mentioned twice in all of 2016 in the WO:

"Life & Style asked the question whether Johnson’s feud with Vin Diesel was a publicity stunt. Well, a lot of people asked that question given it was so out of character for Johnson to be bagging on people he works with in social media (if he was mad he’d be mad, but it wasn’t like him to go public with it) and he’s got pro wrestling blood flowing through his veins. Actually they reported it was all a publicity stunt although there is a rivalry between the two, and that the two are planning on doing something with WWE in April to help promote “Fast 8.” Well, certainly if Diesel works in some form with Johnson at WrestleMania, that would answer that question"

The other time was reporting the story of when The Rock called out someone in the F&F cast(about the movie; quote is too long to post), which the WO speculated was Diesel. HHH has no mention anywhere in regards to Diesel So when did the WO report the match? 

John Cena said Tuesday in his  promo that he wanted to face Undertaker this year. Things change, just like this report warned you about WM34 and you even just warned about it. 

WO is probably the most reliable source in pro wrestling. Been subscribed 20 years. Reports usually indicate it is the plan. When things change they get followed up on, or reported as unknown until it happens.

8 hours ago, fivethej said:

I was actually hoping when Shane came out end of SD and said Styles had opponent for WM that he would name someone else (not himself) to face Styles on his behalf. Like last year how Vince hand picked Undertaker to face Shane at WM.

I think they should have had Shane say it backstage to Daniel Bryan rather than coming out & saying it to the crowd. Then you could have built up hearing from him next week, maybe even have him doubt himself then you have a chance to build it up even more. Atleast they tried with the beatdown though.

That's just the idea I had. I probably would rather your idea than what they did too.

21 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think they should have had Shane say it backstage to Daniel Bryan rather than coming out & saying it to the crowd. Then you could have built up hearing from him next week, maybe even have him doubt himself then you have a chance to build it up even more. Atleast they tried with the beatdown though.

That's just the idea I had. I probably would rather your idea than what they did too.

That would have been a lot better. Doesn't really fit Shane's character to be hesitant though.

Anyone else feel like the Cena mixed tag is the most interesting storyline line this Wrestlemania so far? It should be the worst. It's odd. 

I got wwe on demand on my kodi and all my wrestling childhood memories are coming back. I haven't paid too much attention to wrestling in the past 10 years or so but absolutely loved wwf from the mid to late 80's Til late 90's early 2000's. 

Tons of people that I totally forgot about. Like right now I'm watching Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Gold dust and I forgot about Marlena + many others.  

I wonder what chants are gonna be like on Raw with this whole Paige/Xavier/Maddox mess. Vince has got to be pissed, especially about NXT Women's Title being jizzed on. That same title that's been used at public signings and touched by kids.

Too bad. I was really enjoying Reby trashing Anthem.

20 hours ago, Apples said:

Xavier Woods and Brad Maddox have great chemistry, I guess you can say they're on the same Paige.

UpUpDownDown

20 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wonder if Xavier gets fired.

Why should he? It was something that happened in private.