The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

ISIS to attack at SS location?

As noted, hacker group Anonymous has revealed several potential terror attack targets that the Islamic State (IS, ISIS, Daesh) may be planning to hit this Sunday, including the WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view in Atlanta.

The local CBS affiliate in Atlanta reports that the FBI is taking the threat very seriously. They issued this statement to Action 2 News:

"The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe." 

Georgia Emergency Management Agency Director Jim Butterworth told Channel 2 that his agency is working closely with the FBI, the Georgia Information Sharing and Analysis Center and others in evaluating the threat.

Furthermore, Channel 2 reports that the Atlanta Police Department is talking about "replanning the event." 

WWE issued this statement on the threat:

"WWE Survivor Series is currently scheduled as planned while we investigate the matter with federal, state and local authorities."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/FBI_Taking_ISIS_-_WWE_Survivor_Series_Threat_Very_Seriously_Atlanta_Police_to_Replan_the_Event.html#bgo9cCQP0Y7kCo1G.99[/quote]

The WWE really miss the ball on a NXT invasion for Surivior Series. It would have be awesome if they had team NXT led by Regal vs. Team WWE led by Trips on the card, rather than putting random wrestlers, stuck in limbo, in an useless traditional  SS match. It would have been a great way of showcasing the future, if fans aren't already familiar with NXT.

Balor, Samoa Joe, Baron, Crews, and Breeze (turning on NXT) vs. Cesaro, Ziggler, Neville, Ryback, and Bryan (mystery partner).

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

The WWE really miss the ball on a NXT invasion for Surivior Series. It would have be awesome if they had team NXT led by Regal vs. Team WWE led by Trips on the card, rather than putting random wrestlers, stuck in limbo, in an useless traditional  SS match. It would have been a great way of showcasing the future, if fans aren't already familiar with NXT.

Balor, Samoa Joe, Baron, Crews, and Breeze (turning on NXT) vs. Cesaro, Ziggler, Neville, Ryback, and Bryan (mystery partner).

Corbin isn't ready for the main roster. Joe and Balor are feuding. Breeze and Crews aren't aligned either. 

33 minutes ago, Nail3738 said:

Well now, hell of an ending to Survivor Series.

I went from Raging to Cheering pretty quick, lmao.

lol was pretty predictable though, especially with the time left.  Thought the show wasn't as good as it was hyped, especially being the 25th anniversary of the Undertaker.

I often say, "that was the worst PPV I've ever seen," but this legitimately was the worst one.

There was nothing redeemable about it. Quite honestly, the best technical performance was the divas match, and that itself was average at best, for even a divas match.

Bad matches, worse results. The most predictable thing ever, so much so that no one including myself can claim credit for calling every last event from the start of the tournament, to the close of this show. From taker burying the Wyatts, to the finalists, to the finish, to the cash in. Including every face Reigns beat shaking his hand to confirm his superiority and awesomeness. 

The celebration was so hilariously over the top, that it was the most I've laughed at a wrestling segment in forever, New Day be dammed. Fireworks and confetti put Wrestlemania to shame.

I started cheering for Shaemus, before I realized I was cheering for Sheamus. Then I just started laughing again.

14 minutes ago, JV77 said:

lol was pretty predictable though, especially with the time left.  Thought the show wasn't as good as it was hyped, especially being the 25th anniversary of the Undertaker.

Oh god yes, I was just like, Reigns Ambrose eh? ...nobody could have called that. lol. - I'm glad they had Reigns win though, when Ambrose wins it, I hope its a nice, long, well earned run, no bull$&!# 30 second title reign, I'm glad they screwed over Roman and not Dean basically; though I was hoping for an Ambrose heel turn.Originally I was hoping we'd somehow get a Kevin Owens Cesaro final when it first started...but that was way too much to ask; it was all pretty predictable, Kalisto was a nice little surprise in the tourney but...other than that, meh; Reigns didn't walk away with the belt, so I was happy about that;

I thought both of the Survivor Series Style 5 v 5 matches were alot of fun to watch. Goldusts return on the preshow was cool to see, and New Day always entertains.

I really do not like Charlotte on the main roster, she seems way faker to me, like somebody is feeding her lines, I'm tired of it, Paige too, too phony, too drama-ey, just don't care about the lot of them anymore, would rather watch Bayley, Nia Jax, Asuka, Dana Brooke in NXT.

I thought Takers entrance was cool, nice little tribute; match wasn't anything special though

20 minutes ago, Nail3738 said:

Oh god yes, I was just like, Reigns Ambrose eh? ...nobody could have called that. lol. - I'm glad they had Reigns win though, when Ambrose wins it, I hope its a nice, long, well earned run, no bull$&!# 30 second title reign, I'm glad they screwed over Roman and not Dean basically; though I was hoping for an Ambrose heel turn.Originally I was hoping we'd somehow get a Kevin Owens Cesaro final when it first started...but that was way too much to ask; it was all pretty predictable, Kalisto was a nice little surprise in the tourney but...other than that, meh; Reigns didn't walk away with the belt, so I was happy about that;

I thought both of the Survivor Series Style 5 v 5 matches were alot of fun to watch. Goldusts return on the preshow was cool to see, and New Day always entertains.

I really do not like Charlotte on the main roster, she seems way faker to me, like somebody is feeding her lines, I'm tired of it, Paige too, too phony, too drama-ey, just don't care about the lot of them anymore, would rather watch Bayley, Nia Jax, Asuka, Dana Brooke in NXT.

I thought Takers entrance was cool, nice little tribute; match wasn't anything special though

Yeah was hoping for someone to turn heel, the ppv needed some surprise/twist.  The ppv 5 on 5 match was good, New Day is fun to watch, but didn't like them just leaving.  

Paige has definitely changed into the typical drama diva and is so far from her original "anti-diva" gimmick.  She is getting annoying and fake.

Really loved the tribute to taker.  Brought some good memories.  One of the best, characters of all time, and to think it has lasted 25 years is unreal.  Older than me lol

1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

I often say, "that was the worst PPV I've ever seen," but this legitimately was the worst one.

There was nothing redeemable about it. Quite honestly, the best technical performance was the divas match, and that itself was average at best, for even a divas match.

Bad matches, worse results. The most predictable thing ever, so much so that no one including myself can claim credit for calling every last event from the start of the tournament, to the close of this show. From taker burying the Wyatts, to the finalists, to the finish, to the cash in. Including every face Reigns beat shaking his hand to confirm his superiority and awesomeness. 

The celebration was so hilariously over the top, that it was the most I've laughed at a wrestling segment in forever, New Day be dammed. Fireworks and confetti put Wrestlemania to shame.

I started cheering for Shaemus, before I realized I was cheering for Sheamus. Then I just started laughing again.

Yeah, it was pretty god awful. It was just boring as hell. The first 2 matches were decent but it just went off a cliff after that.

Then, to top it off, you have that useless sack of sh*t Sheamus win the belt. God did that piss me off. He is awful and will NEVER be over. I would have much rather had a heel Reigns booked as a badass with a mean streak champ with Ambrose chasing him all the way to Wrestlemania for the belt.

Trash PPV. The whole thing sucked and was 100% predictable. I got each match right including the cash in. 

Probably going to take a break for a bit. With Cena coming back it's going to be even worse 

a PPV built around the survivor series elimination tags, now reduced to just a name with survivor series matches just thrown in on the fly XD remember when the elimination tag matches actually meant something, and we cared? apparently wwe doesn't anymore. sheamus as the heel champion, 6 years too late. they had their chance with sheamus, when i really liked his heel character when he debuted but now, i just don't care. i wont be tuning into raw, again, cause wwe gives me no reason to watch their shows anymore. i watch nxt. that's it

They should have had Different people for the 5 on 5 match. Would have been a good way to Bring Wrestlers back that are changing their gimmick.

Team 1: (Hero)

Fin Balor

Damien Sandow

Curtis Axel

Zack Ryder

R-Truth

Team 2: ( Heels)

Baron Corbin

Adam Rose

Heath Slater

Samoa Joe

Bo Dallas 

Idk Would have Been fun to See Sandow and Axle come back while seeing some NXT talent for 1 night. 

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

They should have had Different people for the 5 on 5 match. Would have been a good way to Bring Wrestlers back that are changing their gimmick.

Team 1: (Hero)

Fin Balor

Damien Sandow

Curtis Axel

Zack Ryder

R-Truth

Team 2: ( Heels)

Baron Corbin

Adam Rose

Heath Slater

Samoa Joe

Bo Dallas 

Idk Would have Been fun to See Sandow and Axle come back while seeing some NXT talent for 1 night. 

The idea is sound, I would not have used so many main roster guys - it would have been an "NXT Special" Match with that style, etc. etc. - it would have let them test the waters for taking the NXT product mainstream, and given them the chance to showcase talent, as you suggested; I don't think you have the right talent in place for a match like that too take place, you need a few veterans placed in the match with them to help keep the pace of the match right and keep nerves in check, for the faces, guys like Neville, The Hype Bros and The Lucha Dragons would be the types of guys I'd want to see, for the heels, Tyler Breeze, Blake and Murphy, and perhaps another tag team like Dash and Dawson, That type of match is just the wrong place to showcase guys like Balor, Corbin, and Joe - They are all great, or can be great talents that are worthy of their own debuts;

Personally, I'd be saving the Debuts of Finn Balor, Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady for the Raw after Wrestlemania.

I'd like to see Taker lose at Mania and proclaim Finn Balor as an apprentice, or successor of some kind and turn Undertaker into more of a manager/advisor - I'd let him rebuild the Ministry around Finn, and a few other select young talents and act like the Emperor Palpatine to Finn Balor's Darth Vader, with Undertaker only rising to fight on special occasions in tag matches with Finn/Kane.

2 hours ago, TheHitman said:

There is zero urgency to WWE's booking. Could literally watch the same show from May and it wouldn't be any different. 

Yeah it's pretty painful. As much as Vince won't admit it, he needs a WCW to compete with him and get the company motivated again. They're just so complacent.

I mean good god, earlier in the show they had Sheamus making "gettin jiggy with it" jokes and getting jobbed out to the likes of Ryback. I'm supposed to buy him as World Champ?

The other things that needs to be mentioned is Lillian Garcia's ridiculously over-the-top rendition of The Star Spangled Banner to open the show. Good lord was that cheesy! All that was missing was her firing off guns at the end yelling 'MURICA!

On November-10-15 12:17:55, AllHailSmyl said:

Unless they are going for the big troll, this is too painfully obviously set up for a Roman Reigns win.  If they don't I'm cringing that they will be using Reigns up to Wrestlemania for a payoff win for the title. Would have made things more interesting if they could have put some bigger name talent that is currently available in the brackets like Jericho, Undertaker or even Lesnar.  Of what's left and how the bracket is shaped I can only see maybe Ambrose, Owens or Reigns winning it.  Maybe ADR as a longshot.

And of course when the Authority isn't happy with the winner they will send out Sheamus to cash his money in the bank.

Nailed it...sad when I'm not watching as much as I used too.