The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

- WWE has reportedly signed New Japan Pro Wrestling stars AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, according to F4Wonline.com. The group reportedly informed NJPW booker Gedo that they were finishing up before WrestleKingdom 10 this morning.

:o

7 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:
- WWE has reportedly signed New Japan Pro Wrestling stars AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, according to F4Wonline.com. The group reportedly informed NJPW booker Gedo that they were finishing up before WrestleKingdom 10 this morning.

:o

No &^@#ing Way.

I would FLIP

1 hour ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Roman Reigns wins da rumble again tbh.

Pretty much, lol. I would be more interested if it didn't seem like a way to somehow get him to win back to back Rumbles, despite already having the title.

Honestly, I would prefer a separate title match and Rumble match if not for simply spacing out the card, then to not blend the Roman Reigns show into both.

In such a match I need to believe anything can happen, but I don't, and I don't think they will prove me wrong. At most we'll see Brock beat him now, to give up the title to him at Mania. 

The Rumble should just be the Rumble.

1 hour ago, JV77 said:

That was kind of a lame ending.  RAW should be better from here on out starting next week when Brock returns.

Reigns knocks about every referee, and is still allowed to win by pin. Seems legit. The only thing was Vince failing to sell the punch, and just awkwardly not counting in a way that almost made it look like he was refusing to let Sheamus win. It can't be the worst match in a night that had Big Show and Ryback fighting, but it was a pretty bad one on a night that actually had a lot of good matches.

Plus Chris Jericho managed to come in, and feel relevant. That is always an awesome feeling. Dude is my favourite wrestler of all time, looks in shape, and came ready on the mic. I was excited to see him in the rumble, but now I'm disappointed that the droopy Reigns storyline is leaking into his return match (not that he was going to win anyways, but damn.)

I can't believe that the WWE just signed all these guys off the heels of Wrestle Kingdom 10 like that. AJ Styles and Nakamura might be the 2 best wrestlers in the world on their own, so getting a decent chunk of the Bullet Club to play with Finn Balor could be potentially game changing in this company.

Of all things that the WWE has &^@#ed up, and continues to &^@# up, please don't add this to the list.

22 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I can't believe that the WWE just signed all these guys off the heels of Wrestle Kingdom 10 like that. AJ Styles and Nakamura might be the 2 best wrestlers in the world on their own, so getting a decent chunk of the Bullet Club to play with Finn Balor could be potentially game changing in this company.

Of all things that the WWE has &^@#ed up, and continues to &^@# up, please don't add this to the list.

WWE is smart, signing all the talent they can.  No company can compete with them anymore and never will.

3 hours ago, JV77 said:

WWE is smart, signing all the talent they can.  No company can compete with them anymore and never will.

that's all triple h. aj styles in nxt with samoa joe. the crowds would be electric, even more than they are now. the timing is right, heel samoa joe and a babyface aj styles comes in, with a returning itami and sami zayn. good god

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

that's all triple h. aj styles in nxt with samoa joe. the crowds would be electric, even more than they are now. the timing is right, heel samoa joe and a babyface aj styles comes in, with a returning itami and sami zayn. good god

Apparently, AJ is going straight to the main roster along with Shinsuke.

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

Apparently, AJ is going straight to the main roster along with Shinsuke.

As they really should be. Or at least Styles should immediately be. Even if NXT is pretty great,  and the Raw/main roster is something of a joke, NXT would still be a lateral step at best. He doesn't need developmental, even if that's not purely what NXT is.

He's infinitely more likely to languish on thr main roster, as NXT is literally  guaranteed quality, and the main roster is a risk. But if he's not here for wwe title picture stuff, (even if again, the title picture is utter $&!# right now), then what is he really with the WWE for then?

We'll see if he made the right move here (as we'll wait to see if they don't f' things up with a guy for once), but it's intriguing at the least.

12 hours ago, JV77 said:

No one has for nearly 15 years now. TNA if they didn't hire Hogan and F their $&!# up, maybe could have made a dent.

But it's not a good thing. If they did some compelling things with this abundance of talent, sure. But it seems like they hoarde, then sit around and do nothing with anyone.

Competition would force them to be interesting. It's hard to really push something against them at this point. It's not exactly winning, when you're just playing against yourself. Financially winning surely, but not in terms of quality or show. And even then they put themselves into historical low ratings.

NJPW as a Japanese promotion was never competition.  Though removing AJ Styles from ROH will help them from a more hardcore wrestling market  point of view.

4 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

As they really should be. Or at least Styles should immediately be. Even if NXT is pretty great,  and the Raw/main roster is something of a joke, NXT would still be a lateral step at best. He doesn't need developmental, even if that's not purely what NXT is.

He's infinitely more likely to languish on thr main roster, as NXT is literally  guaranteed quality, and the main roster is a risk. But if he's not here for wwe title picture stuff, (even if again, the title picture is utter $&!# right now), then what is he really with the WWE for then?

Well, AJ definitely doesn't need NXT to develope the WWE style. Shinsuke, on the hand, needs to adapt to the WWE style, as most of his moveset would probably not work in WWE or be banned. Similar situation when they brought in Kenta.

I just hope for the love of God, they don't re-name Styles, to some BS name.

17 hours ago, JV77 said:

Which will ultimately kill professional wresting.  Competition is good for business.  Wrestling has never been the same since WCW's demise.

ECCW Has sold out the Commodore Ballroom for a 5th straight time. Great to see a local Indy company see a little success.

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Well, AJ definitely doesn't need NXT to develope the WWE style. Shinsuke, on the hand, needs to adapt to the WWE style, as most of his moveset would probably not work in WWE or be banned. Similar situation when they brought in Kenta.

I just hope for the love of God, they don't re-name Styles, to some BS name.

I think that Nakamura is more ready for a WWE style match then I would say Kenta was. Maybe his moveset is a little too varied, but he can put on multiple types of matches at any point. He's not as ready as RJ Techniques, but I can see him working out either way, both with or without the developmental.

For those that don't know much, or anything, about Nakamura and Styles, and what they can do, watch their match from Wrestle Kingdom 10 a few days ago.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ksvmw_shinsuke-nakamura-c-vs-aj-styles-tokyo-dome-english_travel

(The dailymotion one is better quality, and I assume the youtube one will get taken down)

That's what you call a title match. Not that stuff with Roman Reigns, Sheamus, and a 70 year old guy where you have to squint your eyes and tilt your head until it seems passable. I know this is a big match on their biggest stage, but they can put on better matches in their sleep.

I'm still worried that they're either going to either not give these guys the chances at the title, or that they're just going to fed into those awful Superman punches along with the rest of the roster. I can't not be worried based on history, and that their current product is still that same old, same old. But if they manage to do it right, God Damn will the WWE ever get a shot in the arm. Excited, but frightened.

8 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I think that Nakamura is more ready for a WWE style match then I would say Kenta was. Maybe his moveset is a little too varied, but he can put on multiple types of matches at any point. He's not as ready as RJ Techniques, but I can see him working out either way, both with or without the developmental.

For those that don't know much, or anything, about Nakamura and Styles, and what they can do, watch their match from Wrestle Kingdom 10 a few days ago.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ksvmw_shinsuke-nakamura-c-vs-aj-styles-tokyo-dome-english_travel

(The dailymotion one is better quality, and I assume the youtube one will get taken down)

That's what you call a title match. Not that stuff with Roman Reigns, Sheamus, and a 70 year old guy where you have to squint your eyes and tilt your head until it seems passable. I know this is a big match on their biggest stage, but they can put on better matches in their sleep.

I'm still worried that they're either going to either not give these guys the chances at the title, or that they're just going to fed into those awful Superman punches along with the rest of the roster. I can't not be worried based on history, and that their current product is still that same old, same old. But if they manage to do it right, God Damn will the WWE ever get a shot in the arm. Excited, but frightened.

I think that is a great match. I also think the WWE Universe would get bored within 5 minutes, and WWE will never give them anywhere near that much time to work. I could hear the inevitable Boring chants during the rest holds.

Now - the NXT Crowds on the other hand, would eat that style up and LOVE it.