The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Just wanna clear this up:

Darren Aronofsky rocks, and Spring Breakers blows goats.

That is all.

I'm neither here nor there on Aronofsky. I like his films, but there are other filmmakers I like more.

Spring Breakers, on the other hand, was like the movie "Kids." F'ing brutal and a complete waste of anyone's time. To those that like it, I'm sorry for your brain.

I'm neither here nor there on Aronofsky. I like his films, but there are other filmmakers I like more.

Spring Breakers, on the other hand, was like the movie "Kids." F'ing brutal and a complete waste of anyone's time. To those that like it, I'm sorry for your brain.

To each their own, but I found Spring Breakers to be more thought-provoking and entertaining than the vast majority of films that came out last year. Only Her, 12 Years a Slave and The Act of Killing were better IMO.

In no particular order and likely forgetting a lot of favourites:

The Dark Knight, Memento, 12 Years a Slave, The Machinist, Taxi Driver, Alien, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Fight Club, Silence of the Lambs

Well haven't seem them all but the ones I have yes they are good. Taxi Driver is one of my fav. So what don't you like about Requiem?

To each their own, but I found Spring Breakers to be more thought-provoking and entertaining than the vast majority of films that came out last year. Only Her, 12 Years a Slave and The Act of Killing were better IMO.

that was a really disturbing movie

Well haven't seem them all but the ones I have yes they are good. Taxi Driver is one of my fav. So what don't you like about Requiem?

I was so annoyed by the constant obnoxious imagery that it became a chore to fully focus on even the barebones plot or shallow character development. It's also very difficult to care about characters that are about as complex and interesting as a paper bag. It tried to be shocking and disorienting and only succeeded at making me horribly aware that I was watching a movie instead of being engaged in the experience, highlighting Aronofsky's complete lack of subtlety. I think the only thing I liked about the movie was the main theme, yet even the rest of the soundtrack wasn't up to Clint Mansell's usual levels.

Edited by VICanucksfan5551

Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones

6/10

Lowered expectations from review/word of mouth, but I liked the idea and way it tied into the overall narrative, and it got a few jumps out of me. But there's only so far you can stretch the found footage, POV concept and this one stepped way out of bounds late in the movie. I liked that they incorporated some psychedelic elements. The foley work seemed pretty creative.

I haven't seen Spring Breakers, but your description made it sound exactly like Requiem, which I absolutely loathed. I've also seen Black Swan (hated) and The Wrestler (indifferent), with no desire to see anything more by him.

Where did Aranofsky come from? He has nothing to do with Spring Breakers.... lol

Captain America-The Winter Soldier 7/10.

I enjoyed this movie a lot considering I don't care for Captain America as a character. It had decent action, some humour, and surprisingly enough, some social commentary on the growing amount of government surveillance in society. It had the typical action movie cliches, but I accepted that going in to the film.

Also, keep your eyes out for a hilarious easter egg when they're standing in the cemetery at the end of the movie.

Anchorman 2 2/10

Holy crap what an awful movie. Apatow should be ashamed.

meh, he was just one of the producers. can't really say its HIS thing to be ashamed of, i wouldn't think. he's produced a few really bad movies, actually

THE Social Network: 8/10

Fincher, Spacey and Trent Reznor, Rooney Mara... appreciate the House of Cards and Girl with Dragon Tattoo connections.

Otherwise yeah it's a good movie too, though not a huge fan of the idea that dude built what he built because of some girl.

Now let me work on the next big thing....

Captain America: The Winter Soldier IMAX 3D- 9.5/10

I would give it a 10, but the -0.5 was for the lack of the 3D effects. If the 3D was better then it would be a definite 10/10.

Overall the movie was awesome, better than all the Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and the first Captain America. I would say it's on par with The Avengers (Avengers 3D was better though). My mouth was open for an entire scene, it was way too badass. Captain America definitely went up on my list of favourite superheroes.

Edited by CanuckofSteel