The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Movies i`ve seen over the last 6 or 7 months.

Godzilla 7/10

The Fault In Our Stars 8.5/10 (well act romance/drama...only problem i had was within 10 minutes in i knew how it would end.

X-Men D.O.F.P. 7.5/10

Get On Up 7/10 Some bio pics are hit and miss,this one was kind of a hit for me.

Boyhood 10/10 Picture of the year in my books, i hope this movie is not overlooked when it's time to had out oscars.3 hours that went by in the blink of an eye and brought back some good memories and painful ones too.

The Purge : Anarchy 6/10 Better than the first ,but that's not that hard as this one and the first one are a piece of garbage.Didn't like the message it was trying to get across.

Expendables 3 6/10 not bad..just seen it all before.

Wolf of Wall Street 6.5 Aaah the glorification of ripping off the little guy....

Noah 6/10 nice fairy tale

Oculus 5/10 average for teens horror flick.

Devil's Due 5/10 average found footage flick. Rosemary's Baby it ain't.

Oldboy 8/10 pretty solid remake of the second of Park Chan -Wook`s revenge trilogy...can't understand all the hate for this one as i did love Oldboy when it came out in 2003 but after seeing Lady Vengeance and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance i thought Oldboy was the most cartoonish of the 3.

Carrie 5/10 really faithful to the original,the only problem i had with this is i thought Chloe Grace Moretz was miscast as Carrie.I have a hard time picturing her as the ugly duckling that Sissy Spacek was in the 1976 OG.

Boyhood 10/10 Picture of the year in my books, i hope this movie is not overlooked when it's time to had out oscars.3 hours that went by in the blink of an eye and brought back some good memories and painful ones too.

Of course it will be overlooked. It's an independent film. While it probably will be the best film released, that won't stop the Academy from picking another film where a lot more money (but not time in this case) was put into creating the picture.

I'm betting that, although not released yet, the winner will be "Gone Girl." Unless, of course, Nolan manages to blow everybody's minds with "Interstellar", redefining sci-fi movies (the Academy never has a Sci-Fi win Best Picture).

If the movie is great, expect "Gone Girl" to win.

Boyhood 10/10 Picture of the year in my books, i hope this movie is not overlooked when it's time to had out oscars.3 hours that went by in the

more than that for me. movie of the decade maybe? found it to be unbelievably powerful.

Trailer Park Boys: Don't Legalize it

6.5/10 - Average, very rushed.

Maybe it's because it's a movie and there is only so much you can cram into 90 minutes, but something seemed like it was missing... like the "Trailer Park" part for instance. Some characters are noticeably different, and I know, character development, and all that, but some of them have taken less funny turns. I hope they get back to their roots with season 8. These past couple movies have felt rushed, over-the-top and forced. Instead have it more day-to-day and even have a couple of fun episodes that don't further the main story line.

Edited by roland

more than that for me. movie of the decade maybe? found it to be unbelievably powerful.

I get where you're coming from..one or even the best movie Richard Linklater has done and that is saying alot. One of the best U.S. directors of the last 25 years.

Godzilla - 8/10 I liked that there were other monsters for Zilla to fight. Bryan Cranston was good, as always.

The Other Woman - 8/10 Funny movie. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister from GoT) was good in it. Leslie Mann is one of my favorite comediennes.

A Streetcar Named Desire 7/10

Great film, with great acting and great actors. I didn't really like the story of Blanche being so abused by men. Vivien Leigh was great as Blanche, but it's such a sad story, in a run down setting. It's an iconic film but give the girl a break already.

The City of Lost Children 8/10

I've been meaning to watch this for a while and having some french company last night it seemed an appropriate time. I really like most Jeunet/ Caro movies and so more or less knew what I was getting into. It was very much of their character driven quirky style. Not my favourite movie of theirs (that title would go to Delicatessen) but still a very enjoyable watch.

Inside Llewyn Davis - 7/10

Definitely enjoyed it and about what I expected. Does seem like there could have been more to this as there was a lot of backstory that was not told either. Probably would have been a little better as a miniseries.

Mean Machine 8/10

Vinnie Jones is one of my favorite actors, Statham before he broke out too. I love soccer, one of my favorite sports movies.

8/10, really? I sort of remember seeing this 11 or 12 years ago, but I don't actually remember 1 part about the movie, except that I know I watched it. Absolutely not memorable at all.

8/10, really? I sort of remember seeing this 11 or 12 years ago, but I don't actually remember 1 part about the movie, except that I know I watched it. Absolutely not memorable at all.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit biased for the points I posted about. Although I do think it has some memorable moments regardless IMHO, especially the part where the old guy talks about what he did to deserve to be there