The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

This is the End: 7.25/10

With a star studded cast of Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jay Baruchel, Craig Robinson, Jonah Hill, and Danny McBride, This is the End had a good amount of laughs.

Edited by Spoderman

Gravity - 9.5/10

Near perfect, made me feel like a kid goggling at the big screen again. Missed that feeling.

I agree with ya .. was pleasantly surprised ... tonight i watched Enough Said , and thought it was a really nice film .. I give it a 7.5 out of ten ..

Heat - 8/10

I think my expectations going in were too high, didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would, but it was still really well done. Honestly felt the weakest performance was by Pacino, but only because we have seen him play this role over the last 25 years. Otherwise, very well done.

Texas Chainsaw - 2/10

horror has seriously gone downhill for the last 5-7 years. I wasn't expecting much from this but thought it would be half decent. I don't usually go on my phone when watching a movie but this was THAT boring.

Others have said they didn't mind it, but personally it was not for me.

Texas Chainsaw - 2/10

horror has seriously gone downhill for the last 5-7 years. I wasn't expecting much from this but thought it would be half decent. I don't usually go on my phone when watching a movie but this was THAT boring.

Others have said they didn't mind it, but personally it was not for me.

the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably my all-time favourite movie. I cannot believe how many remakes/sequels/prequels are out there, yet none have been able to come even close to the original in terms of being disturbing, IMO.

the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably my all-time favourite movie. I cannot believe how many remakes/sequels/prequels are out there, yet none have been able to come even close to the original in terms of being disturbing, IMO.

I love me a good horror movie. But I have never, ever liked any of the Texas Chainsaw films. Not one. Not ever.

er, I meant my all-time favourite horror movie, not all time favourite, period

Monty, what is wrong with you? The original is amazing.

I knew what you meant with it being favourite horror movie, not favourite movie of all-time. As far as why I don't like the original, I have a fairly good reason why. I didn't start liking horror movies until I was 18, back in 2000. That was the year that first saw Evil Dead. I have since loved horror films. However, with TCM, I watched the original when I was 11; which is too young to watch horror films to begin with, and also too young to fully appreciate good films. I have not gone back to it since.

Ditto. Alien is my favorite.

Still haven't seen Alien. I have seen all the rest of them (except the Alien vs. Predator films). As for favourite horror film, that is a tough one. I love, love Re-Animator and Dead Alive. So tough to choose between the two.

You should give it another try. I mean, it's not like masterclass film work or something, but considering the budget and the climate in mainstream movies at the time, I think it's a great achievement. Especially since how, IMO, the movie still holds up in its creepiness. Of course, that is just personal preference, as I have always been interested in "country folk" type movies (i.e. Deliverance), even though I recognize they are politically incorrect and all that.

I re-watched the Evil Dead series recently and was kind of disappointed at how poorly it has aged. Still good, but when it gets excessively over-the-top, I sort of just... am taken out of it. I remember being a kid and watching them over and over and over, loving them, haha

I also remember when my mom had to work late one night and my aunt was babysitting me and my brother, we lied to her saying that we were allowed to watch horror movies, and we managed to get Dawn of the Dead, and it was like a life altering experience. Really set off a life-long appreciation for the power of a good horror movie, I think

You should give it another try. I mean, it's not like masterclass film work or something, but considering the budget and the climate in mainstream movies at the time, I think it's a great achievement. Especially since how, IMO, the movie still holds up in its creepiness. Of course, that is just personal preference, as I have always been interested in "country folk" type movies (i.e. Deliverance), even though I recognize they are politically incorrect and all that.

I re-watched the Evil Dead series recently and was kind of disappointed at how poorly it has aged. Still good, but when it gets excessively over-the-top, I sort of just... am taken out of it. I remember being a kid and watching them over and over and over, loving them, haha

I also remember when my mom had to work late one night and my aunt was babysitting me and my brother, we lied to her saying that we were allowed to watch horror movies, and we managed to get Dawn of the Dead, and it was like a life altering experience. Really set off a life-long appreciation for the power of a good horror movie, I think

I actually re-watched Evil Dead 2 weeks ago. Still love it. I started ED2 this weekend, but quickly turned it off because my wife came home and wanted to watch Star Trek Voyager reruns. Army of Darkness, in my opinion, is not a horror movie. It's great, I love it so much, but it is not a horror movie. If my wife laughs and doesn't get scared during a movie, then it is not a horror movie.

Man, I haven't seen AoD in a looong time, but I'd have to agree. It's much more of an adventure type movie, not really horror. Did you see the ED remake? What did you think?

and I've never actually seen Re-Animator, I'll definitely add that to my October list

Man, I haven't seen AoD in a looong time, but I'd have to agree. It's much more of an adventure type movie, not really horror. Did you see the ED remake? What did you think?

and I've never actually seen Re-Animator, I'll definitely add that to my October list

I did see the Evil Dead remake, and I actually liked it. A few throwbacks to the original, but otherwise everything else was really well done. It is so hard today to make a horror film that can push the bar, gore wise, and I felt the remake really did this. I also liked that it was entirely new characters, which was later explained that there is talk of making a sequel to the remake, as well as a sequel to Army of Darkness, and then a movie with both Ash and the new chick.