The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Grown Ups 2 - 0/10

This is my first ever 0, I actually think this movie may be the worst film ever made. The first one had some good moments and was a decent family comedy. This one was just another Sandler-letseeificangeteveryoneIhaveeverputintoamovieintothismovie-Film. Seriously, the entire gang was thrown into this movie just for senseless stupid jokes. Nick Swardson needs to go away, seriously, anywhere...

There was 1 joke I thought was funny, it revolved around shaq (who plays a bald police officer) and missed free throws... Other than that... it was a complete trainwreck of a movie, complete with a 100+ person gang fight. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Stay away from this turd of a film at all costs.

I thought I was the only one who despised Grown Ups 2, I actually fell asleep during the movie it was so awful.

2 Guns - 8.5/10

Kind of cool to see Denzel in a light-hearted but somewhat serious manner kind of character since he usually plays a serious toned character. Mark Wahlberg as good as ever, plot kind of far-fetched but whatever, if a Navy base is that easy to break into I'd be worried about the USA haha

Garden State: 7.25/10:

To be honest, I just heard this film had a good soundtrack, so I torrented it. Thought it had a great and well suited soundtrack. Decent drama/romantic comedy. Thumbs up to director, screen-writer, and star of the film, Zach Braff.

Edited by Spoderman

Evil Dead 2 - 9/10

It has been about 12 years since I last watched ED2, so much fun. Laughing so hard when his possessed hand started smashing the plates over his head, great gag.

Got me hungry to watch Army of Darkness, especially the alternate ending where he oversleeps and wakes up at the end of the world. Love Ash.

Evil Dead 2 - 9/10

It has been about 12 years since I last watched ED2, so much fun. Laughing so hard when his possessed hand started smashing the plates over his head, great gag.

Got me hungry to watch Army of Darkness, especially the alternate ending where he oversleeps and wakes up at the end of the world. Love Ash.

"You found me beautiful once"

"B...h, you got reeeal ugly"

Great movie.

Cemetery Man 7/10 Italian zombie movie, the only way to make sure the dead don't rise is to kill the living. Totally worth a look to anyone who like horror movies. Martin Scorsese called it "the best Italian movie of the 90's".

I guess not many movies came out in Italy that decade.

Captain Phillips - 8/10

Watched it last week Saturday. Obviously like any film based off real events, there were a few things that were inaccurate, but it was still a really good film. Greengrass did a terrific job making you see the perspective from Phillips and the Somali's. Really well done.

The Conjuring - 4/10

Honestly do not understand the praise for this film. Went in with such high expectations. Not scary at all. I do like Vera Farmiga though.

Saw it last night. I agree it wasn't as scary as it was made out to be (the first half of Insidious was way more terrifying IMO), but I also don't think you're giving it enough credit. It's still far better than 90% of horror movies that come out.

I thought I was the only one who despised Grown Ups 2, I actually fell asleep during the movie it was so awful.

Well it's rocking 8% on rotten tomatoes right now. With the consensus "While it's almost certainly the movie event of the year for filmgoers passionate about deer urine humor, Grown Ups 2 will bore, annoy, and disgust audiences of nearly every other persuasion"

So i don't think you're alone there.

Saw it last night. I agree it wasn't as scary as it was made out to be (the first half of Insidious was way more terrifying IMO), but I also don't think you're giving it enough credit. It's still far better than 90% of horror movies that come out.

No, I'm giving it exactly the right amount of credit. I love horror movies, but most of them are awful, and a 4/10 is better then what most get or deserve.

Cabin in the woods did it right.

It absolutely got it right. But majority of horror movies aren't Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead, Insidious, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Dead Alive, or Re-Animator. Most are Saw 4.