The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

it's only gonna be two teams that Lu will be going to = his NTC will dictate this!!! None of them are in the west!! We all know who they are. Don't expect much in return with Lu's albatross of a contract!!! Remember the cap is lower next season = from 70 million down to 64 million!!!.....

Lu and Ballard

For

Vis and Nino

Seems fair, perhaps NYI adding a little. Ballard would do well in the east again and Lu would give them great goaltending with veteran experience.

Canucks get a very good prospect in Nino that asked for a trade and an offensive dman in his last year that doesn't want to play for NYI.

NYI is moving in 2015 to Brooklyn, a lot more desirable place to play with easy commutes and Islanders need help attracting free agents. Good fit for both teams.

it's only gonna be two teams that Lu will be going to = his NTC will dictate this!!! None of them are in the west!! We all know who they are. Don't expect much in return with Lu's albatross of a contract!!! Remember the cap is lower next season = from 70 million down to 64 million!!!.....

I don't know Kass. I'm not sure you get 2 young kids out of WSH + a 2nd rounder. Galiev is a pretty good prospect for them. Not like Kuznetsov and Forsberg but just 1 step below.

I think MoJo is going to be a real good player. Getting him would be a good trade. I think we would have to take a veteran from them to take back a bit of salary. It could even be a guy like Poti on D who makes close to $3 mill. He was hurt for a very long time, going into UFA year and claims to be healthy. He's down in Hershey on conditioning stint right now. Not sure my self but I think if you get Johansson you take back some salary.

Lu + Raymond comes to around $9 mill salry and $7.5 mill In cap. We would have to take back something to get a deal done, not just a top tier EL and a very solid prospect plus pick.

Just my 2 cents on it so lets see how it evolves.

I think at this point Lu would be willing to drop his ntc for a number of teams in the east. I could see him agreeing to NYI even. NY is a great place to live and a close hop in a plane to Fla. He makes them a much better team and brings the fans back. NYI don't care about cap hit as they struggle to get to the floor. The prefer cap over $, so Van probably has to take back Dipietro and then waive/buy out. NYI has some good trade options for Van.

Washington, TB, NJ are also teams Lu would agree to go to.

My money's still on the Islanders being involved, even if they're not the ultimate destination. Perhaps some form of 3way trade with them and Philly or Washington. Dipietro and/or Visnovsky is the player that's holding things up. Any combo of those teams provides a nice selection of young players coming back.

Archived