The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the year for mason Raymond to be a 25 goal scorer?

yete

To my recollection, the first problem with Raymond was the thumb injury he received back in December 2010(?). His shot hasn't quite been the same since that time. If he has somehow been able to correct this problem then he might well break the 20 goal mark.

Otherwise, I suspect he will either be traded at the deadline (if not sooner) or be allowed to walk as a UFA.

regards,

G.

I'm fairly certain it was a sprained wrist followed by a shoulder injury. Yet even with those shot affecting injuries his even strength points remained quite similar to the 09/10 season. The real drop in production came on the PP which should have been expected with Kesler being moved to the 1st PP Malhotra (a 30 point center) filled in on the 2nd PP. Also with the success the first unit enjoyed the Raymonds PP time dropped by 1/3 from the previous year. Combined everybody should have expected a drop in production that year. Samuelssons production also dropped. Although he made up some ground being moved to the first unit to play point after Edler hurt his back. I've maintained all along Raymonds 10/11 season was no where near as bad as most made out.

I'm willing to give him a mulligan on his 11/12 season due to the nature of the injury he came back from.

So, assuming that Mase is 100% healthy, I am really interested in seeing what he will produce in this shortened season. It seems the management and coaching staff have confidence that he'll be back on track. With this being his make or break season with the Canucks, I have a feeling he's going to surprise the Canucks faithful. Over a 48 game schedule, if his stat line is 15G/15A, I'd be ecstatic.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA The guy can't get anywhere near that kind of production with a full 82 game season. If anyone thinks he can get there in half as many games as usual, he/she is out of his/her mind. Raymond is a joke and should've been traded or put on waivers long ago to free up as much money as possible to sign any number of better free agents.

Really? a 3rd line checker? I think he will need to work more on his checking to fill that role Lol.

I think it is either an offensive 2nd/3rd liner or else and offensive depth player, he isn't in the NHL for his checking he is here cause of his offensive ability, and he needs to show he has that offensive ability once again.

It's not just Raymond who needs to show up. This is just as big season for Booth. He's sucking a lot of water out of the pool and he better show he's worth it.

I want to see him passing, passing early, THEN going to the net. I also want to see him work a hell of a lot harder in his own zone.......something that Raymond does night after night to good effect.

Archived