The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the year for mason Raymond to be a 25 goal scorer?

yete

Really? a 3rd line checker? I think he will need to work more on his checking to fill that role Lol.

I think it is either an offensive 2nd/3rd liner or else and offensive depth player, he isn't in the NHL for his checking he is here cause of his offensive ability, and he needs to show he has that offensive ability once again.

Really? a 3rd line checker? I think he will need to work more on his checking to fill that role Lol.

I think it is either an offensive 2nd/3rd liner or else and offensive depth player, he isn't in the NHL for his checking he is here cause of his offensive ability, and he needs to show he has that offensive ability once again.

To my recollection, the first problem with Raymond was the thumb injury he received back in December 2010(?). His shot hasn't quite been the same since that time. If he has somehow been able to correct this problem then he might well break the 20 goal mark.

Otherwise, I suspect he will either be traded at the deadline (if not sooner) or be allowed to walk as a UFA.

regards,

G.

His speed is the best/only real good thing about his defensive game, either than that he isn't much of a defensive player, his biggest mark in the league will be contributing offensively, and hopefully he can do that we need his offense.

We did discuss this before, I think he uses his speed well to his advantage, and he as decent defensive awareness in terms of where to be I still don't still him ever staying in the league for defensive ability, he doesn't block shots, makes bad plays with the puck.

Offensively he is going to have to use his natural skill in a better way or else he won't be with our team long.

Lay off mayray for once. Maybe if everyone shuts up about the kid not scoring goals he will score goals!? I expect him to start well this year cause he;s ready to go and can expose people who arn't with his speed we just need someone to keep up with the kid and put in his rebounds canuse he has trouble finding the net on his own. I actually like kassian playing on the opposite side to mayray cause kass is better when he moves quick and can be the physical body raymond isn't. Look for may ray to score 10 in 48 this year but hopefully up his assist to about 15 that would be better than last year in a much shorter time and it's doable for the kid if he's playing with the right guys in the right situation.

However, he will probably be put in a checking role and it will amount to not a whole lot. I'm saying though if he plays with someone else who can push him with their speed and get to the net he could be dynamite on 2 on 1's. That's all we need from the guy scoring or assisting on some 2 on 1's using his speed with someone else alongside.

I think he could have a prorated 25g season.

With the lockout the NHL will be wanting to gain back some fans. Last year's playoffs had terrible ratings due to the style of play. I believe the NHL will call a lot more clutching and grabbing again. Like they did after the last lockout. I expect the league to become a skill and speed based hockey league again.

This will benefit the Canucks a great deal and also Raymond. I didn't believe Cancuks had a chance to win the Cup last year because of the game was being called. This year I think Cnaucks have a great chance and I think they are the favorites barring major injury.

Raymond and the Canucks will benefit from NHL being a more speed and skill based league.

Archived