The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks 5 Ducks 0

Strawberries

I like Booth's spirit but I really hope he is watching the second line and learning how a good pass is worth any amount of bulldozing up the boards.

If Kesler comes back first and the line is Raymond - Schroeder - Kesler, then I don't see a place for Booth on the 2nd line.

Raymond and Kassian are really proving a lot of people, myself included, what they can do. Great to see them playing well. Ginger with a shutout and Jordan with his first point.. So who keeps that puck :P ?

I gotta admit, I got a pit in my stomach seeing Luongo skate over to congratulate Schneider after the game. There is no way in hell that Luongo should be a backup in the NHL. Don't get me wrong, this is a great situation for the Canucks, having two great goalies, but it's a crappy situation at the same time.

Anyone else feel this way or am I the only one?

Great game by the Canucks and great redemption. You thump us in our house, we'll do the same to you.

I'm a pretty big fan of most of our players, though I have been pretty critical of Mason Raymond lately. Kudos to him on a great game and hopefully he'll keep up this high level of play.

By the end of the season our leading goal scorers will be...

Kassian, Raymond, and......D. Sedin??? D. Sedin, do we really need him?

Of course, I kid. Really loving how our secondary scoring is looking even WITHOUT Kes and Booth back yet. :frantic::frantic::frantic:

IF Kesler even gets back. I just don't have much faith in this team going forward if Kesler doesn't come back.

Great game. They ruined our home opener, we ruin theres ... revenge is sweet :emot-parrot:

anyways how did may ray not get a star tonight?! Im really impressed with him and i love how everyone who was hating on him like a week ago about his play last year is all turned around from thier previous thoughts on him. Im happy for him but i was always by his side, knew he would come back :towel:

I gotta admit, I got a pit in my stomach seeing Luongo skate over to congratulate Schneider after the game. There is no way in hell that Luongo should be a backup in the NHL. Don't get me wrong, this is a great situation for the Canucks, having two great goalies, but it's a crappy situation at the same time.

Anyone else feel this way or am I the only one?

Didn't get to watch this one but the highlights just show how great our depth was. Scoring from just about all our lines, solid defence from top to bottom pairing and great goaltending.

Games like this show other teams how scary our depth can be. We probably have the best 3rd pairing in the NHL in Ballard-Tanev, the best goaltending depth in the league and now that we have Kassian, Raymond and Volpatti scoring it just shows that this team can score from any line. You win Cups with depth all around, and the Canucks were boasting that last game.

I was at the game, nice view of 4 goals, being 13 rows up from the goal line where it all happened. Woo Hoooooo!

If the refs were calling Getzlaf's third cross-check, where he caught Raymond in the neck, then that's fine. It looked like a weak call at the time, but the replay supported the call. I couldn't see Winnik's holding penalty, so can't judge there. The biggest gaff I thought was Bonino's holding penalty in the second.

I didn't see any problem with Edler's hit on Perry. It was not from behind and he was not in an awkward position. And his cheesy comeback put him where he belonged, in the box for 4.

Never thought much of Perry, going back to when Kes outworked him in the Can/US qualifying game for the empty netter. I don't seem him as much of a hard-worker, but more valuable when his team is already playing well/winning.

Edit: And what was up with Beleskey after taking on Volpatti. Even if the judges scored him a win (debatable), it was not a big enough win to be waving your arms in the air like a champ. I guess he thought the opening ceremony was enough to carry the team to two points.

From what I could see last night, it seemed that the Ducks were just not mentally in the game... lots of offsides after their initial 'good' start where they had a decent lead in shots.

Lastly, two things that drives me nuts with Ducks homerism (I live in OC, so I go to the Canucks games here): picking the stars (how do you get a star when your team loses 5-0???), and the on-screen highlights between peroids. They only show Ducks highlights! Does that happen in Vancouver? Been too long since I have been to a game back home.

Go Canucks, Go, and take it to the Sharks on Monday!

Solid result for the first road game of the season. Lots of positives from this game but the Sedin line seemed to get trapped in their own end a lot during 5-on-5 play. Still only 4 games in to the season though so I'm not worried. Hopefully their even strength play will pick up when we have our full line up to attack in waves. Still waiting to see a Garrison onetimer bomb. I understand that teams are watching for it, but I definitely saw a few opportunities where he could have been set up for his big shot.

Nice to see some of the regulars coming back to form. Still see some adjusting going on with Edler and Garrison. Seemed like the Nucks were having difficulty getting out of their own end.

Kassian seems to be having a postitive affect on the team, as guys are 'stepping up' more and looking out for each other.

The reffing was in our favour (for a change) and it was nice to see the PP doing so well. Really getting weary of that drop pass though.

Just like in other years, it seems the Nucks can dominate the score when their not even playing their best hockey.

Shroeder is looking like an NHL player and Kassian...wow!

good game. alittle slow in parts and Schneider bailed them out a couple of times but good none the less...and if the ducks complain about penalties they should have watched the oilers game the night before the refs called that game exactly the same by the book..

It really is astonishing how this team looks so good when getting 7 power plays to the Ducks' one. Shockingly nobody is complaining about the officiating. Wonder what would have happened if the tables were turned; probably this board would have melted down with the impotent ragings of the NHL conspiracy theorists. Anyways it's two important points, a great game for Cory and solid efforts by a bunch of guys that were underachieving. Just hope they don't expect to get a 7-1 ratio in PP every game.

Archived