The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

Our defense will figure it out soon but not so sure about forwards.

we only have 2 guys willing to throw a solid body check, Kassian and Volpatti, Hansen tuff on the refs :lol: getting grossly out hit.

We need a couple big bodies, broken record over here but cmon MG, dont wait until spring when the going gets tough and guys disappear , make some moves now and get 2x more thugs , also very important , someone that can finish.

Defense will get it together .

Booth and Kesler aren't the answers to our problems though, they will def help but we need 2 more Power forwards and a sniper to go all the way this year.

^^

Yeah, I agree

I think we need to trade Higgins for a bigger body who plays the same type of game. He's kind of useless here with Hansen and Raymond finding his game.

I know Higgins is one of our hardest workers but I would rather have someone who is bigger and can tire teams out with hits.

2011 playoffs.. he came in relief of Cory vs the hawks and stood on his head game seven.

Outplayed rinne …..Who makes what 7million?

Then outplayed niemi

Thomas was just remarkable. It happens in the playoffs...Luongo was the only reason we made it to game seven in that series with his three jaw dropping performances.

Watch the kings games again... even the commentators agreed Luongo played better than the rest of our team.

First of all, Schneider is 26. If he is going to have his confidence ruined because Luongo is starting 2 games in a row, he should not even be in the NHL.

Second, we play the Hawks after the Avs. Do you think AV was going to say, "Well, I don't trust Louie vs the Hawks, so I figured I'd play Cory instead"?

Thirdly, this is literally one extra start. What is wrong with you people panicking and running around?

^ This must be the reason. I didn't think Lu played well enough against the Kings to earn a second straight start. Both goals were routine stops that he should have had but that found their way through him. Besides, a reward for blowing a 2 goal lead and losing a shootout? That doesn't sound like an AV move to me. More likely he's just saving the #1 for the big game and letting Lu have the Av's to pad his stats and make him look more valuable to possible trading parteners.

Archived