The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

another lineup tread

hateleafs

my lines for a current healthy team. but we gonna need a third line center to go far. kesler needs to play with good passers cause as we know hes a shoot first guy so here are my forward lines.

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler kassian

raymond shroeder hansen

vollpatti lapierre higgins.

here with new third line centre.

sedin sedin burrows

shroeder kesler kassian

booth new guy higgins

raymond lapierre hansen.

nice?:)

I saw a pretty solid shift from lapierre higgins and schroeder late last game so i would not mind seeing

Sedins-burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Schroeder

Raymond-Weise-Kassian

or

Sedins-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Hansen-Schroeder-Raymond

Higgins-Lapierre-Weise

Dont forget almost all of higgins goals were scored this season when playing alongside lapierre, so they obviously have great chemistry.

For the playoffs, I want Lapierre to swap with Schroeder

sedin sedin burr booth kes raymond higgins shroeder hansen kassian laps volpatti burrs makes the first line better than kass and kass doesnt have the speed to keep up on the second and 3rd line maybe playing with the more agressive players will wake him up and maybe volpatti and laps can teach him how to hit and hustle

If you're going to create a redundant "thread", try and at least spell the title right.

And that basically looks like a million other lineups people have already posted.

Yeah, there's a few of these lineup threads floating around as I've mentioned in the past. People apparently don't like it when your helpful though, as I've already got a +1 for saying two words (true though they may be) instead of posting something more useful.

This is what I see right now:

Sedin - Sedin - _______

Booth - Kesler - _______

Raymond - Schroeder - _______

Volpatti - Lapierre - Higgins

So in the blanks Burrows, Hansen and Kassian go there. But with AV changing the lines all the time it's hard to decide who goes where. Personally, I prefer Burrows on the 1st, Kassian on the 2nd and Hansen on the 3rd.

I like 406281dylan's idea.....

Something like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Schroeder

Volpatti-Raymond-Kassian

I don't know what were going to do with our 4th line... it's clearly screwed up but since im not the coach i don't have to decide :P

Well, i said something like this so yeah B)

I like the idea of Kassian with Kesler because Kes takes so much punishment, and just be being out there and being such a giant Kassian is gonna prevent some of that after-the-whistle stuff (unless it's Kesler starting it, which is a good two-thirds of the time). You can switch out Higgins or Booth on the other wing depending who's going that game. Schroeder with Hansen and Raymond has really been impressive, but again if you wanted to put Booth or Burrows on the wing and move Raymond up or Hansen down now and then, it'd still work out about the same I think. There's lots of flexibility there. On the fourth line, obviously either Wiese or Volpatti will be in the press box when Booth comes back. Change it up depending on whether you expect more of a fighting-style of game. Lapierre in the middle, with Wiese/Volpatti/Hansen/Higgins/Kassian on the wings, depending who else is where. It's a very flexible lineup you can move around as required.

I think really the most important thing is that we break out of the mold of thinking the third line has to be a checking line. The second line with Kesler should be the checking line, he is a Selke winner and our best faceoff guy. The third line with Schroeder should be the speed/forechecking line, fourth line similar but more hitting. The best thing about this lineup is the flexibility. Move guys up or down, switch up the special-teams units, the D pairings, heck even the goalies, the only thing that is really set and standardized is the center position and the Sedins. That's a good thing, gives you lots of options.

Like I say, it isn't and shouldn't be set in stone, but I like a lineup that goes

Sedins-Kassian/Burrows

Higgins/Booth/Raymond-Kesler-Kassian/Burrows

Raymond/Booth-Schroeder-Hansen/Burrows

Volpatti/Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen/Wiese/Kassian

Also I know this is CDC heresy but I would like to see Alberts get in a few games and Tanev take a seat now and then. Also we need more depth blueliners, if two guys go down then who is gonna play? Barker? Connaughton? Let's hope not. Depth plz!

my lines for a current healthy team. but we gonna need a third line center to go far. kesler needs to play with good passers cause as we know hes a shoot first guy so here are my forward lines.

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler kassian

raymond shroeder hansen

sedin sedin burrows

shroeder kesler kassian

booth new guy higgins

raymond lapierre hansen.

nice? :)

Why would Kassian be on the second line when Higgins is outplaying him a ton?

Why would Raymond and Hansen be on the fourth to make room for Kassian and Schroeder? Who the heck has Booth played better than? Let him prove where he should play by earning it.

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler kassian

raymond shroeder hansen

sedin sedin burrows

shroeder kesler kassian

booth new guy higgins

raymond lapierre hansen.

nice? :)

There are only three players on the team that have figured out how to play with Kesler at even strength - Higgins, Raymond, and to a much lesser extent, Booth.

This is what I see right now:

Sedin - Sedin - _______

Booth - Kesler - _______

Raymond - Schroeder - _______

Volpatti - Lapierre - Higgins

So in the blanks Burrows, Hansen and Kassian go there. But with AV changing the lines all the time it's hard to decide who goes where. Personally, I prefer Burrows on the 1st, Kassian on the 2nd and Hansen on the 3rd.

The Sedins didn't get going until Burrows settled in with them again. Booth has proven nothing about where he should play. Kassian has been terrible of late and deserves to be on the fourth line or the bench. Higgins has played very well and has hustled every shift from beginning to end. I have no argument about Hansen, except that he has looked his best playing with Raymond and Schroeder - those guys are constantly giving the D on the other team fits because they are on them so fast in the offensive zone - plus the D's have to sag back and beware of the breakout or breakaway pass - especially Raymond to Hansen.

• 10 months later...

Archived