The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Preds 4 - 7 Canucks F - 03.14.13

Jab316

7 goals by 7 different players... Happy our slumping players got on the boards.

I was not expecting that goal from Hank... Left me speechless and our pp still hasn't produced and we scored seven goals... Go figure.

I'm starting to think the boys are going for a record streak without scoring on the pp... Anyone know the number to beat?

one of the worst wins , with some of the best action and execution... we got pinned down in our own end countless times and got out worked on the boards all night. Luo didnt played all that great ... we had a hard time with coverage infront of our own net once again... kassian kept caughing the puck up and ended up a -2 ..... mayrays goal was a thing of beauty and the blueprint to how all 3 on 2 rushes should be.. hanks deke was one of the bests, ebbett looked great and great hustle outside of our own end tonight. we got lucky to run into Renne on an off night and also awarded 2 lucky goals ( laps was a nice goal by him but alot of stuff needs to go right to get a breakaway out of the box) and then hansen goal no need to explain how that was lucky..... we also gave up 4 goals to the least offensive team in the league and they were missing their top 3 scorers. a couple of the goals against were real softies....

Entertainment A Canucks play B-

Schneids should start vs detroit this is how id roll the tenders 2 GA u stay in regardless of W or L, 3 GA with the W stay in , 4+GA your out W or L. and schneids mask is better .

Its hard to comment on this game.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Lu made some very good saves. Lu let in a couple of not so good goals.

Some of the D played good. Some of the D played awful (Starts with a B )

Some of the lines were productive. Some of the lines were not.

One garbage goal. One beauty of a goal.

But we won so ...its the Best of times again! B)

This is the kind of win that can sometimes come back to haunt you. We played just good enough to win this one (and Rinne was awful which helped quite a bit) and we seemed to get all the breaks (and the calls from the refs). Didn't look like Lou was all that great to me (.879 sv % is NOT great) and both Hammy and Kass looked weak too but let's give a cheer for Ebbett and Hansen and Tanev and Raymond (both +3) and finally Hank for showing what he can do one on one. The little devil inside my brain says that if we were to reverse the fortunes and circumstances of tonight's game this board would be aflame with "the NHL is out to get us" type threads (look at the storm Gallagher cooked up with his little article) but fortunately tonight we were the recipients of favourable officiating and fortune. Something that will be forgotten almost instantly by the conspiracy theorists the next time we get a bad call against us..

"This was the weirdest game I've seen in a while. Canucks were significantly outchanced and out-shot, yet still won. Luongo's been great."

Isn't it funny how when it is the other way round CDC doesn't care........"we were all over them but we were crap and we lost!" But last night it seems our team is crap no matter, even when we score 7 and win.

I'm not blind to our shortcomings but for goodness sake let's be fair. Do we have to wait on the "perfect game" no goals against, 10-0 and our D doesn't let Lu touch the puck, before we say "Yeh, not bad."

The way we have been playing lately, I'm delighted with this win, we are steadily improving all round and that is the main thing.

I hope Lu gets the start Saturday, not just because of the fact that he's on a win streak, but because he's been through so much with this organization, starting him on a special day seems right!

Just my 2 cents haha, Go Nucks! :towel:

Greasy win..I'll take it!...This is a new team that has to find its identity. A lot of changes happening I'm curious to see where the chips land...Tito/Pinzo/Ebbett hope they can be consistent. Lappy on faceoff duty, and hoping our defense/goalies settle down...and great to see the breaks swing the other way finally...ultimately only hard work will bring this together..Go Nucks!

Archived